How do we stop Red Hat?

How do we stop Red Hat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS
lmsptfy.com/?q=confirmation bias
betanews.com/2016/10/07/systemd-vulnerability-linux-crash/
threatpost.com/hack-crashes-linux-distros-with-48-characters-of-code/121052/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make a competitor business. Is almost the year of the linux desktop and tech support will get the bucks, there is money to be made in the service oriented business model.

Switch to CentOS

>CentOS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS
>Developer: The CentOS Project (affiliated with Red Hat)
>Affiliated with Red Hat

RedHat put some employees to oversee its development. Literal cucks, is a sad fact.

Why would I want to stop Red Hat? The amount of investment it puts into Linux is huge.

We tried that. We got something even worse, Canonical.

>We tried that
No, you didn't. You did nothing.

Redhat is not your enemy, not by a long shot. Are you aware of a little company called Oracle?

>I know he meant "we" in a general, collective sense, but I'll deliberately misinterpret it
good job

No, sorry, it's still nonsense. There's no collective or general sense here. You're framing you're complaint as if you could ever have any meaningful influence on how someone else spends their money. If you feel Canonical is so bad you better start pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and putting millions of dollars into your own Linux enterprise that you can take in the direction you want, just like Shuttleworth did.

As in one of the biggest contributors to the Linux kernel? Um, why?

because of le anti-unix le systemd gnome conspiracy

The bootstrap meme, embarrassed millionaire detected
lmsptfy.com/?q=confirmation bias

You're poor because you are lazy.

Leftist liberal commie detected.

Just lolbertarian memes my friend.

Redhat is redpilled as fuck.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting if you're retarded.

Ressurect Ian

Inject 1 billion into progeny

T H I S
H
I
S

Better grab things in your own hands memebros.

>How do we stop Red Hat?

....from?

MAKE SLACKWARE GREAT AGAIN

They're more friendly than Canonical desu. You don't need to give up your code's copyright.

Lol

A more important question is: there is a multi billion dollar company involved in Linux kernel development, how are they still not being able to convince manufacturers to develop acceptable drivers?

Linux is for servers, baka. Drivers aren't a real issue.

But what if you need drivers for the servers?

you sick fuck

i applied for a job at redhat a couple of years ago.

They only focus on enterprise shit, don't give a fuck about desktop users.

they do quite a bit of work for the kernel, and such. Can't really say I'm a huge fan of them, but I can't say too much bad about them either.

Move to bsd

>don't give a fuck about desktop users
That explains why Gnome is such a piece of shit.

seriously, if it wasn't something you could throw on on an amazon s3 instance or run in a data center the answer was "let the community fix it"

Is there any proof that systemd is a backdoor? Surely, in open source software, somebody would find something.

doubt it, but then again the debian 4 = guaranteed random should have been caught a few years ago.

shellshock was scary, but not for the reasons everyone was shitting a brick over. Why the fuck are people running local bash commands from php/web facing shit?

h-hi

HOT PATCHES!

By switching to FreeBSD

Stop buying their pizzas, simple

That's because they oversee CentOS you dumbfuck

They unleashed the systemd cancer upon the world.

It is inauditable in the first place. So, good luck with that.

CentOS is literally Red Hat Enterprise Linux without the Red Hat branding and support.

Learn C and it will be "auditable". Every modern kernel have a giant codebase so your logic is inane.

Dumb fuck, they change 20k lines of code everyday. Good luck to audit everything.

He probably thinks you are royalty and it's a royal "we"

Nice meme.

Install Kevin.

>Is there any proof that systemd is a backdoor?

Well, two months ago somebody found a big vulnerability. They immidiately fixed it, but do we know how many "accidental" vulnerabilities/exploits exist in SystemD?

>betanews.com/2016/10/07/systemd-vulnerability-linux-crash/
>threatpost.com/hack-crashes-linux-distros-with-48-characters-of-code/121052/

Most people think you could never introduce a backdoor in open source software. But the flaw in that logic is that they don't have to call it backdoor. You won't find a function "NSA_backdoor()". But if you add some vulnerabilities you already have what goverments call "Plausible Deniability".

"Whoops, a bug, damn, how could we miss this.."

I would also think that they would not use an exploit for some bring meta data fishing, maybe it's there for some special occasions. But who knows?

>what is obfuscated code
>what is underhanded code

Wow, just googled "underhanded C".
Looks pretty cool.

How do you learn such stuff?

followed by a royal flush?

Now that's what I call a joke, old pal.

install solus

why do you want to stop Red Hat? i am glad they are proving Linux is a profitable platform, the only thing i dont like is systemD, but there are plenty of non-systemd distros to fill that niche

Thats all we use with our systems(military)

this

Are you retard?

Hey at least they're no Canonical

The thing is, as the main devs are RedHat employees, they can do serious shit with systemD.

And if they only care about servers, imagine if they somehow have a partnership with Microsoft to let Windows rule over desktops while RHEL dominates servers. Is nothing crazy knowing Microsoft history.

I don't understand how europeans can like openPEPE

>fork systemd
>switch the binary logs to plain old text
>make it so individual components can be turned off and replaced

remove the anti-unix shit and systemd is actually a pretty fucking good init system

use openSUSE, nothing triggers more Fedora tinfoils and CentOS babies than this

CentOS is literally RHEL without official repos/great support