Favorite OS of all time?

I want to pay tribute to OS X Tiger, the absolute peak of desktop operative systems. There will never be another OS as robust and balanced as that. I'm almost tearing by thinking how shit all current OSes are.

oops sorry, wrong thread. my bad :)

After 15+ years of Windows it was like (and has remained) a breath of fresh air.

>t. mactoddler

OSX, any variation

stay jealous

>t. mactoddler

Jealous of what

If you compare OS X to literal shit, other systems would be equal to toxic waste or liquid AIDS.

same

Windows is just so clunky, slow, and unreliable by comparison.

>t. mactoddler

Mac OSX is superior.

Slackware. I just wish I had time for it.

I use Debian and I love it (slightly less than Slackware).

I don't even own a mac. But I installed OS X on my PC a while ago. Works flawlessly and it's superior to Windows and Linux.
If I wanted to code, browse and watch anime only I'd get a mac.

posting my OS

snow leopard was like tiger but better

this isn't a desktop thread retard

yes it is

that's why i said 'OS' and not 'desktop'

ubuntu 10.10 was great, but then everyone wanted to have a flashy UI. Feels like every OS is now about looking good and now easy of use or productive.

>you will never have MSN, AIM, and Yahoo conversations though iChat
>you'll never hear the whooshes of multiple incoming messages from cute 14 year old girls
I want to go back.

You do realize that only extremely mentally ill people (ue homosexuals) use mac os, right?

windows xp honestly. simpler times. using ubuntu with xfce now

t. mactoddler

>15+ years of Windows
>still has a school folder
what went wrong?

What is college and grad school?

>I want to pay tribute to OS X Tiger
you should start by learning its name: Mac OS X Tiger not OS X Tiger

Went in the military after high school, now university is free

>t. mactoddler

Disgusting welfare queen

don't cry, it's your parent's fault that you're a burden on society.

yeah whatever, if we met I'd crush your skull with my bare hands.

>t. mactoddler

>t. fatass with a medical waiver

Don't worry, I like you user. Wagecucks are just mad that they have to bust their ass all day.

Stop replying to your own posts, bootlicker

>robust
>no backup features
>no cloud/sync features
>no full screen mode
>no trackpad gestures
>no iMessage support
>no compressed memory management

Take your robust OS back to 2003

thanks, dude

You don't know what the word welfare means, do you, user

>t. mactoddler

I will never understand the nostalgia for early versions of Windows. It had the slowness of Windows but with the stability of DOS. Windows NT was an actual operating system, and superior in every respect.

I am so glad I never have to deal with BSOD's because of misbehaving programs again.

Linux is shit

>giving retards money so they can sit around babysitting military bases
>not welfare

>t. mactoddler

how's the G.I. Bill not welfare?

Enjoy your no games

So we should disband the military every time they're not seeing action? Then scramble them all together when shit goes down?
You're the retard.

It's incentive for civilians to agree to 4 years of potentially (although unlikely) life threatening work.

>t. mactoddler

are you calling the founding fathers retards?
>A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty.

>the absolute peak
that's Snow Leopard fám

Because nostalgia is cancer where it makes some perfect mis-version of what you actually experienced because you only remember the good.

Pining for gray tiles is essentially the same as boomers with a garage full of 50 year old cars that haven't been started in 30.

My favorite OS is Windows 7 and Ubuntu because I can run whatever I want in a VM and are still supported on new hardware. There was no "good ol' days".

>he says while jerking off to his anime desktop

>t. mactoddler

>working as a programmer
>sit in front of pc and earn enough to spend it on useless shit
>meanwhile the people making your coffee or gadgets can barely get by and probably won't even live til 50
>not welfare

You're exploiting so much people with your existence, taking some money from rich shits is not welfare. If he's in the military he has earned it more than you.

Oh shit son an MS paint comic, you sure showed him

>t. mactoddler

it's still welfare even if it's for veterans.

Windows 98 SE

>she hands me an old macbook
>"you can have it for parts. screen is broken."
>black macbook 2ghz c2d 2gb / 320gb
>take home
>everything works but screen
>replace with $35 lcd from ebay
>clean install of snow leopard
>damn this thing is actually quick for an old c2d

Snow Leopard is Best X. Why do developers have to bloat shit over time?

windows 7 and xp

Yes, a standing military does not belong in this country.

This. 10.6 was the pinnacle of OS X. It really started to go extra hard down the shitter with 10.10 though.

I'm not a programmer and he certainly hasn't earned anything more than me.

Tell me, do you use any other that's not safari on it?

How many websites don't play nicely with 10.6 Safari? I'd imagine most.

I miss Exposé and Spaces with a passion.

Mission Control was a mistake.

That doesn't matter. If you have a first world job and enough time and money to post here, you have literally no right to complain about others leeching.

Oh get off your high horse. Some nostalgia is deserved, like for Windows NT.

Yes, I do. I pay taxes, unfortunately, and that faggot takes up the lion's share since I am, thankfully, a resident of and running a business in a sane state that doesn't have an income tax.

Expose is still there and so is Spaces.

If your argument involves me needing a time machine it isn't a great argument, times are vastly different than when that quote was written

Share wallpaper please

You don't belong in this country, then. The era the statement was made in is absolutely irrelevant and you are what's ruining this place.

No, you don't. Taxes, residency, etc. are a made up concept. Hitler made laws about not marrying jews. Does that make it fair? Fuck no.
Just because you think you earned your money rightfully by exploiting others in accordance with the law, doesn't mean it's deserved. If you complain about welfare, just take your precious business to Somalia.

win95

If you like welfare take your bitch ass to Norway.

If we didn't have a standing military we would be completely raped in a matter of days. This isn't even an argument, I don't know why you won't let this go.

By that logic the firefighters are also on welfare. Better fire them all and see how you manage when I come over there and burn your house down

I already live in Europe and enjoy the shit out of being NEET. I really enjoy all the positives of living here, so I don't feel bad about paying taxes (I've worked before, just enjoying time off and my savings right now).

First versions of Windows 7 was pretty nice.

>ubuntu 10.10 was great,
It was perfect... AND THEY RUINED IT!

Exposé was nerfed to only work with the selected application.

>and so is Spaces
elaborate? are you calling Mission Control "Spaces"?

Firefighters are useful, though, and a lot of departments are volunteer.

timeless, oh how I miss you Ubuntu 10.10

Windows 10

Is this the new desktop thread?

Why the fuck did they mess with it? What did we gain from that??

Are you stupid? Who could suddenly invade you? Canada? Mexico?

Every 'enemy' of the United States is so far away that an invading force would take days to reach you and would be noticed from far away. You would have enough time to call up the reserves, deploy the Navy and mount a defense.

During the whole existence of the United States only Japan was able to land troops in Alaska and we all know how that went.

Just use Ubuntu MATE you fucking nerds.

t. Unity user

FireFox just abandoned support for SL (anything below 10.9) this summer. So there's still a relatively recent browser for it.

It will degrade over time I'm sure, but at the moment sites render just fine.

No idea if Flash is current, but I fucking hate Flash and block Flash content.

uBlock works well.

1,000x this. I still like and use the "spaces" part of Mission Control. I've assigned control keys to 12 permanent spaces and specific apps always launch on those. So when I want my browser, for example, I hit control-2.

But I really miss the way it used to work.

>tfw mexico IS invading us

>Are you stupid?
That goes without asking.

osx has no games either retard, windows has them