So i got my computer science degree, now what

so i got my computer science degree, now what

Anything you want, dude.

wtf those stairs are dirty as hell

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

If you didn't get hired straight out of university, your degree is already completely worthless.

>i got my computer science degree

I am so sorry.

Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?

That "dirt" is scuff marks from the robot dog learning to climb the stairs, shit for brains.

That doesn't make the condition of those stairs any less offensive.

who would win, 10 comp sci grads or 10 neets from Sup Forums who know how to hack

That doesn't make your idiocy any less offensive.

>Depression

>Impostor syndrome

>Anxiety

have fun friend

program robots that aren't useless pieces of shit so they can take over and kill us all already

Start mopping the floor at McDonald's

1 normie with facebook

Oh and I'm forgetting the best part

>HR interviews

good luck getting past those. You remember the bullies that would pick on you for being a loser? Yeah this is them now, and they get to tell you that even though you are more qualified than everyone at the company, your social skills would make you unfit for the job.

>Sup Forumstards doing anything other than fizz buzz in haskell

>me 10 years ago

spent a few years working in a data centre. then got bored as fuck and emigrated. now I work for costco and live the comfy life.

Any job 300k starting

I too pray for sweet death, staring into the soulless, dead eyes of a killer robot.

why is everyone here so negative

fizz buzz? buzz kill more like

crossdress and post ur feet

>comfy life
What do you do for Costco

Geek Squad, or the comic/boardgame shop.

Probably just kicked a lot by miscalculations. And the walls from the killbots tumbling down as a result of those miscalculations.

One of the guys standing around in a red vest. I'll either count you in the door or check your receipt as you leave. I'll also walk around every so often to check temperatures in all the coolers and freezers. We do some other safety related walks to make sure the shit above your head isn't going to just randomly fall on you. One night a week I sit outside in my car and get paid to listen to music as "security".

To be honest I could actually be working for $24 an hour plus pension and benefits but like I said, comfort.

How does it feel to know that the best in your field are self taught while you've just finished wasting years of your life swallowing regurgitated, deprecated knowledge?

It's not even a house you freak, loot at the top right.
Why the fuck do they care?

enjoy competing with pajeet for pennies.

>be me
>mid 2000s
>BSc classes
>"internet programming" course
>sounds-cool.png
>75% of the course is java and programming some piece of shit chess game
>apparently running it as an applet in a web page covers internet

I promptly paid some cunt in South Asia a total of $6 to do the entire coursework for me as I frankly had better things to do

The final exam had some lulzy questions like:

>Given that you have been allocated space on the web server operated by a commercial ISP, describe the possible means by which you can upload material on to the server, and critically discuss the problems of maintenance

Begin applying like crazy. Work on projects to put on your resume.

Geek, man
What you said was legit
And then what he said

This whole fucking thread is like episode 1 or Horace and Pete.

Geek was supposed to be geezus btw

I had similar experiences when I started a computer science degree. I quit after two years because I'd already found a programming job. Programming/computer science education needs to move towards the master/apprentice style of teaching because such things can't be taught in uni. The unis know this and yet they still continue trying to make the industry accept the useless "qualifications" they offer because there will always be a sulprus of retards who will pay to be strapped into a chair and force fed deprecated shit.

>found a programming job
all the jobs in my area are for graduates though

no, there needs to be a paradigm shift in what constitutes computer science.
If half your course work is writing webpages and implementing final grade calculators in then that's software development not computer science.

I have a CS degree and it was a small enough program that I was close to grad students and professors. I saw what they were doing and it was not software development, is was computer science. I had/have a great respect for academics who care about the science, but I knew it was not for me.

Fortunately, the field has a long history of uneducated untouchables making great contributions so a degree is not required to reach any level in a company.

CS somehow because the dumping ground for a basic dev certification that companies require to hire you. Like all things shitty in this industry, i think it's related to filthy foreigners.