Why can't Linux have nice windows borders? Its a space wasted on browsers plus it looks ugly as fuck

Why can't Linux have nice windows borders? Its a space wasted on browsers plus it looks ugly as fuck...

Also, why is the font rendering on every Linux distro complete shit? On Windows fonts look sharp and small. On Linux its a blurry mess and it's like they made every font on the screen bold.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/KxaBsyK.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought you can customize this shit in linux pretty easily.

y trip

I just customised my filter

(OP)
˙xnui˥/∩Nפ ɟo suoiʇnqiɹʇsip ʎllɐǝɹ ǝɹɐ suoiʇnqiɹʇsip ”xnui˥“ pǝllɐɔ-os ǝɥʇ ll∀ ˙xnui˥/∩Nפ ɹo 'pǝppɐ xnui˥ ɥʇiʍ ∩Nפ ʎllɐɔisɐq si ɯǝʇsʎs ǝloɥʍ ǝɥʇ :ɯǝʇsʎs ƃuiʇɐɹǝdo ∩Nפ ǝɥʇ ɥʇiʍ uoiʇɐuiqɯoɔ ui pǝsn ʎllɐɯɹou si xnui˥ ˙ɯǝʇsʎs ƃuiʇɐɹǝdo ǝʇǝldɯoɔ ɐ ɟo ʇxǝʇuoɔ ǝɥʇ ui uoiʇɔunɟ ʎluo uɐɔ ʇi ;ɟlǝsʇi ʎq ssǝlǝsn ʇnq 'ɯǝʇsʎs ƃuiʇɐɹǝdo uɐ ɟo ʇɹɐd lɐiʇuǝssǝ uɐ si lǝuɹǝʞ ǝɥ┴ ˙unɹ noʎ ʇɐɥʇ sɯɐɹƃoɹd ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ oʇ sǝɔɹnosǝɹ s’ǝuiɥɔɐɯ ǝɥʇ sǝʇɐɔollɐ ʇɐɥʇ ɯǝʇsʎs ǝɥʇ ui ɯɐɹƃoɹd ǝɥʇ :lǝuɹǝʞ ǝɥʇ si xnui˥ ˙ǝsn ʎǝɥʇ ɯǝʇsʎs ǝɥʇ ɟo ʇɹɐd ɐ ʇsnɾ si ʇi ʇnq 'ʇi ƃuisn ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd ǝsǝɥʇ puɐ 'xnui˥ ɐ si ʎllɐǝɹ ǝɹǝɥ┴

˙ʇɔǝɾoɹd ∩Nפ ǝɥʇ ʎq pǝdolǝʌǝp 'ɯǝʇsʎs ∩Nפ ǝɥʇ ʎllɐɔisɐq si ʇi ʇɐɥʇ ǝɹɐʍɐ ʇou ǝɹɐ sɹǝsn sʇi ɟo ʎuɐɯ puɐ '”xnui˥“ pǝllɐɔ uǝʇɟo si ʎɐpoʇ pǝsn ʎlǝpiʍ si ɥɔiɥʍ ∩Nפ ɟo uoisɹǝʌ ǝɥʇ 'sʇuǝʌǝ ɟo uɹnʇ ɹɐilnɔǝd ɐ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴ ˙ʇi ƃuizilɐǝɹ ʇnoɥʇiʍ 'ʎɐp ʎɹǝʌǝ ɯǝʇsʎs ∩Nפ ǝɥʇ ɟo uoisɹǝʌ pǝiɟipoɯ ɐ unɹ sɹǝsn ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎuɐW

˙XISOԀ ʎq pǝuiɟǝp sɐ SO llnɟ ɐ ƃuisiɹdɯoɔ sʇuǝuodɯoɔ ɯǝʇsʎs lɐʇiʌ puɐ sǝiʇiliʇn llǝɥs 'sqilǝɹoɔ ∩Nפ ǝɥʇ ʎq lnɟǝsn ǝpɐɯ ɯǝʇsʎs ∩Nפ ƃuiuoiʇɔunɟ ʎllnɟ ɐ ɟo ʇuǝuodɯoɔ ǝǝɹɟ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ɹǝɥʇɐɹ ʇnq 'ɟlǝsʇi oʇun ɯǝʇsʎs ƃuiʇɐɹǝdo uɐ ʇou si xnui˥ ˙xnui˥ snld ∩Nפ 'ʇi ƃuillɐɔ oʇ uǝʞɐʇ ʎlʇuǝɔǝɹ ǝʌ’I sɐ ɹo 'xnui˥/∩Nפ 'ʇɔɐɟ ui si 'xnui˥ sɐ oʇ ƃuiɹǝɟǝɹ ǝɹ’noʎ ʇɐɥM ˙ʇuǝɯoɯ ɐ ɹoɟ ʇɔǝɾɹǝʇui oʇ ǝʞil ʇsnɾ p’I

Yes, but it still manages to lack this one basic function. At least Chromium lets you use its own window borders instead, if you use Firefox you're shit out of luck.

It is RegularOP#opisfaggot.

I did not use linux for like 3 years but I do not think they removed option to change windows or download different window manager

On KDE it shows that ugly border no matter what..

>winblows 10
The borders on that shit are complete garbage.

No, go to settings and uncheck "Use system titles and borders".

Is that really the case?Well I never liked firefox and yeah Chromium was my favorite. I get that you may want to use some addons exclusive to mozzila [not sure what addons anymore because chromium does have copy of pretty much all script addons]

I disagree. Win10 is very comfy after playing with options for few minutes.

Still better than the horrendous Linux borders (I'm talking about ALL distros/des)

Nothankyou, it's garbage, too thin with no option to configure it.

>Win7
Kys

>too thin with no option to configure it.

Yes you can. Have you literally ever used it?

Does Sup Forums load pictures for about 4hours for you too? That ppl upload 3MB pictures instead of converting it to JPG first does not help [i run other webpages including video streams fine]

also there is nothing like 'too thin'
and you can customize it anyway.
I would preffer even thiner windows.

Retard

Yeah, no, it's crap. I use LTSB2015 in a VM. Making the borders thicker via regstry does not remove the invisible padding. A 4px border would mean you have 8px to drag the window which is too much.

Why the fuck do you want thicker borders? The 1 pixel borders in Windows 10 look way better anyway.

It's deceiptive. It's actually 4 or 5 pixels. Also makes it difficult to catch the window border.

>Also makes it difficult to catch the window border.

Maybe if you have fucking Parkinson's? No one else has any trouble with it.

Nice straw man argument.

It is not staw man while it is direct and exact quote of your argument.

Well I gave you one reason why one pixel borders are bad, and another why the one px border in Windows 10 in particular are bad. You gave me no reason but the fallacies "you have parkinsons" and "my os is the best"

Actually I'm not user that gave you anything .
I just wanted to point out that It was not staw-man as new non-existing argument was not created to self-servingly busted.

'to be'

In linux you don't need borders, I used win + mb1 to move a window around and win + up down left or right, so that I can resize the window.

Maximize is drag to the top minimize is drag to the bottom.

>Maximize is drag to the top minimize is drag to the bottom.

You know that Windows has this as well, right?

Windows doesn't have minimize by dragging to bottom.

>Linux
>looking good

>I'm retard and I don't know how to customize shit so I'll make a thread on Sup Forums claiming it's OS's fault I'm retarded
Please stick with Windows, we don't want faggots like you

Welcome on Sup Forums board.

Linux is a kernel, dipshit. A kernel doesn't have window boarders nor does it render fonts.

>A kernel doesn't have window boarders nor does it render fonts.
Oh Windows one does. It's even used to draw scrollbars, can you imagine?

Windows is not a kernel.

I said "windows one".
Which clearly means i referred to the kernel Windows uses,
Read the post before you pretend to be a smartass.

Why are you using your trip outside of /csg/

I see the problem.
You're using KDE.

That's why you resize using Alt

>having window boarders
but if you need them that much there should be a nice adwaita theme for openbox on github

That's a KDE problem, not a linux problem, friend

font rendering is easily fixed. google it

>font rendering on every Linux distro complete shit?
Its not. Default font rendering on ubuntu and fedora now is just as good if not better than windows.

i'm the one who makes these threads

switch to gtk DE at least chromium devs make it good

KDE sucks, tried it for 3 hours and intothetrash

and so uhm what wrong with that image?
change the wm theme to whatever else kde had, oxygen was nice
chromium does not use gtk
firefox uses tools from whatever system its on

that will be ""fixed"" with gtk3 furyfox

open a browser and go fullscreen in the ratpoison desktop on linux and compare

I hope you guys are ready for my autism but here it goes:

I loved KDE4 up until one release where they fucked up the Window borders to like op's bottom image. I had my web browser tiles to use 3/4 and my tabbed terminal taking up the remaining quarter and borders made it look nice and then one update they removes side borders for edge of screen leaving that thick horrible shit down the middle and it made me so fucking mad that after like 3 weeks I removed KDE. The fact they still have that mess forced and not configurable puts me at ease for the decision I made to give them fucking kde Nazis the middle finger. I relied on that nice window bordered tiling for years and you stupid German cunts took it away.

mine is Cinnamon, but according to all my googling this is a gnome problem. cinnamon, unity, mate, gnome and firefox doesn't merge tabs/title bar

OP is the kde and neither programs play along w it looks like

>"No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. Use {Linux distro I like}, it will solve all the problems you have"
Pathetic

Why can't any Linux distro function well without 100 hours of customization/tweaking to make it usable?

For Windows to be usable literally the only thing I do is download MPC/VLC

nice blogpost faggot

i.imgur.com/KxaBsyK.png

Why are Apple the only ones who get UI design right (not perfect) far more than anyone else? Its almost 2017 and Windows STILL has a region designated for the fucking scroll bar. Why? Look at those gorgeous almost borderless windows.

define "nice"

we /nice/ yet?

Ok, then tell me what linux thing doesn't work out of the box and needs 100 hours of customization, while it works on windows
For Linux to be usable you literally don't have to download anything

Also if you are complaining about window borders in term of os usability you are complete retard. It's preference and it's easy like changing your background in windows (takes ~100 hours if you are retard)

>Windows will never look this sexy

>Windows font rendering

You're either using Windows XP or you really messed up with the config files on any other windows.

>then tell me what linux thing doesn't work out of the box and needs 100 hours of customization

Every distro has ridiculously bad aesthetics.

yeah but so does windows and osx

My last install of wangblows ten looked like this after I installed it. Just give up

Linux is not a fucking desktop environment you fucking retard

Not the guy, but, I have a Windows XP laptop and it doesn't do that.

>For Windows to be usable literally the only thing I do is download MPC/VLC
Let me just download the WiFi drivers, the GPU drivers, the sound drivers, an antivirus and sit through an hour of updates. Then it just works out of the box. Windows is amazing.

mah nigga

>space wasted on browsers
fucking right. I'm autistic about that shit. I use chrome's space saving border but I wish they could compact the dash, window buttons, app menu, dash all into one bar. I can't think of any way to make that look actually nice and not crowded.

>Wifi drivers
Haven't had to install anything to make wifi work on any of my 4 PC's
>GPU drivers
Integrated graphics work fine out of the box.
>Antivirus
I'm not a retard so I don't need one.

wut

A Linux desktop isn't just ONE thing. It is just a kernel and a bunch of packages that you can install. It is very fragmented. This is not a bad thing though. Since it is just a bunch of packages you can choose what you want in your desktop, for example instead of KDE you could use GNOME or some other DE or WM. You can change your font settings to your own liking.

Tldr it is what you make it dumbass, nobody makes you use it.