Why is this taking so long to be adopted? Literally everything should be Qi compatible by now...

Why is this taking so long to be adopted? Literally everything should be Qi compatible by now, and surfaces should be everywhere. I can't even throw wireless headphones/earbuds on a Qi pad. Or a wireless mouse/keyboard, remote control, vidya controller, ANYTHING

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00DG8NVQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_G8WyybP3WTPN3
blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2016/12/20/energous-evidence-mount-of-apple-iphone-connection-says-disruptive-tech/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wanting inefficient charger

I use it all the time to change my Nexus 5. People are still amazed when they see it.

As long as it charges overnight who gives a fuck? The wasted electricity will cost you like $0.50 a year. I'm not even talking only about home use, surfaces should be literally everywhere. Restaurants, gym equipment, airports, etc.

And it's been around so long! I don't get it.

It was incredibly helpful when I broke the USB port too.

Love wireless charging, no fiddling with cables, no stress on cheaply made USB ports. Drop on the charger at night and fuggedaboutit.

amazon.com/dp/B00DG8NVQI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_G8WyybP3WTPN3

Wireless charging is a solution to a problem which doesn't exist.

Should I buy a bunch of these off of China and sell them on eBay?

OP here and nope. I use my phone while in bed.

It's inefficient
It's expensive
It adds weight and thickness to products without need

Does this worth with all phones?

only on ones with wireless charging already.

The receiver is like a piece of paper, and as an example, the Galaxy S# phones are thin as fuck. You personally can buy a receiver that has a mUSB/lightning adapter RIGHT NOW on Amazon for under $10. You know a manufacturer pays half that at most, and theirs wouldn't have any adapter parts. We're talking maybe like $3 added onto phone cost.

I bought a wireless charger (the Microsoft one 'cause it looks nice) to go with my Lumia 950XL 'cause I always forget to charge it.

It's great, because I never forget to charge it anymore.

>can't charge your phone while you use it

Useless. At least with a wired charger I can move the phone around and actually use it.

1. Apple hasn't adopted it in the iPhone, and even their fagwatch runs on a proprietary version qi

2. Many phones and manufacturers are falling for the MUH METAL UNIBODY PREEMIYUM meme. You can't send electromagnetic waves through metal.

3. Not enough adoption. There is only one single flagship phone in 2016 which has wireless charging, the Galaxy S7. Not many people have a phone that supports wireless charging, I've only had two devices with support, the Nexus 5 and Moto 360.

4. Cost. Worst part is that manufacturers that have phones that support wireless charging don't even ship the things with a charging mat, you have to bloody buy the thing. And these things aren't exactly cheap you know...

5. Efficiency and speed. Even with improvements with resonance induction charging found in qi and competing technologies (forgot the other standards name), this shits still slow, and I know that the point of these devices is to charge stuff overnight, people still prefer having faster charging (and also the ability to actually use your phone while charging)

>Excessive Electromagnetic field

Got a Droid Turbo 2 recently, grabbed a 25 watt TurboPower charger since the factory one didn't come with it (craigslist used device), grabbed a Verizon Qi charging base from someone else on craigslist for $15 (retails for $50, go figure) and it works great, even shows it's "Turbo Charging" when it's on the pad as well. If it's 50% or greater charged it uses the first level 9V 2.85A, if it's less than 50% then it'll use the second level 12V 2.65A, once it hits 85% then it drops back to the standard 5V 2.35A.

Works for me.

>solution
Wireless charging

>problem solved
No more busted ass microUSB or USB-C ports worn out prematurely because of excessive wear and tear from charging the devices saving money for the consumer that doesn't have to resort to having the charging port repaired unnecessarily or ever at all.

So, dickhead, you were trying to say something smart, right? Right?

Qi isn't adopted because of three reasons.

First there are multiple mat style charging standards

Two Qi isn't a standard enforced by Google or Apple.

Three, pic very related. Tech is moving fast where we may have true wireless charging at a distance.

Apple is working on their own proprietary (well DUH) standard to be introduced next year with the iPhone 8 and of course it won't work with anything already on the market, it'll require people to pay exorbitant amounts for the charging mats/adapters/etc, and obviously the Cult of Mac will praise it as the second coming of that Jobs fellow once again.

Fucked up but completely true, screenshot this this thread and this post, bank on it.

>Apple is working on their own proprietary (well DUH) standard to be introduced next year with the iPhone 8
blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2016/12/20/energous-evidence-mount-of-apple-iphone-connection-says-disruptive-tech/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Are there any universal Qi receivers that are turbo compatible?

/this
>worn out ports
i've been using my last phones for 5 and 3 years respectively, in the later half of that time the battery was dieing and needed to be charged daily or more, plus i dicked around with ROMs and transfered files often, which is even more port usage

You need to be a hamfisted retardo to break a port or you bought some chinese no-brand shit made of recycled sewer plastic

This may be one of the reasons I haven't """upgraded""" my S3 yet. Qi is to fukken comfy.

You obviously don't even no what you are talking about, so don't worry about it.

What kind of retard phone do you have that you need to recharge during the day?

WTF even my ancient SIII can do that.

3 is not going to happen, at least not at a real distance.

Are you incapable of imagining a situation in which one MIGHT need to use their phone while charging it?

Yes, I use it with a Qi compatible car phone holder.

The receiver antenna is plenty thin, but there's required components which add thickness/weight. I fucked around with qi stuff for a while but the protocol is so slow it's pointless.
> place phone on charger overnight
> turns out receiver was not perfectly assigned with transmitter, charge current limited to .05 amps
> phone still not charged when you wake up
Vs
> plug in phone
> fully charged within 60 minutes

magnetic resonance has much higher potential current AND range. It's still directional, but it's much better than the terrible positioning/distance requirements of qi inductive charging. There's are possible issues with getting metal in the hall and heating it up though

>fanny pack solution
>billy nye the sjw engineering bachelor guy

wew lad

iPhone 8 won't come out next year.

I still use a Nexus 4 and not having to unplug my phone before using it is great.

1) You still have a wire as an option
2) Like I said in the OP you replied to, there are devices other than phones it should be used in. Devices that aren't used as much as phones.

Yes it will

>he needs to use two hands to detach from the charging apparatus

I haven't plugged my phone into anything for the past 3 years.
Not to charge, not to copy data.
It just werks.

What the hell are you talking about?

OP here and I really hate people who talk like this. I want Qi to be everywhere but phones should still have USB, because wires offer many advantages in various situations. I would use both.

shit i meant to also type attach, sorry pham

I'm not saying phones shouldn't have USB, I'm saying I haven't used it for the past 3 years.