6600k or 6700k or 6850k or wait for ryzen

6600k or 6700k or 6850k or wait for ryzen

I am gonna upgrade my CPU and Mobo pretty soon, I am trying to make a pc that will last me a long time before I need upgrading again.

Which CPU do you think will last the longest and give me the best performance?

I got a 6700K because if I waited for next gen they'd try to shove Windows 10 down my throat even harder than they already are. They can pry Windows 7 from my cold, dead fingers.

If you don't already have a compatible mobo, I'd wait to see what Intel and AMD have cooking next year. It's not like you'll waiting that long, anyway.

Zen is looking pretty good, and the rumored i3-3750k is pretty neat too. Personally I'm gonna wait for the Zen cause either way it's going to make Intel drop their prices

If you can wait, wait. You don't really lose anything by doing so. If Ryzen turns out to be not what you're looking for, you buy one of the other ones.

My motherboard isnt compatible with the options, I have to buy DDR4 ram as well because apparently the DDR3 ram motherboards shorten the lifespan of the CPU

Regardless I think Ryzen priced right will hopefully cut the prices of all high end CPUs.

I've fallen for the AMD meme in the past, for the time it was pretty good in terms of price performance ratio, but I'm kinda scared Ryzen will not live up to the expectations in the long run. I know that skylake (being that it has been around for a while) will be more likely to have a long life.

But I guess that's the gamble you take when buying top of the line brand new stuff.

>i3-3750k
Details? Is it supposed to be Kaby Lake?

I heard that there is a chance you can force windows 7 to work on kaby lake by injecting something into the ISO

Zen could also be a bit rushed and filled with bugs. I rather wait couple of months up to half a year before I consider Zen.

Unless you want something cheap and lower power, its a toss up between the i7 6850k and a comparable Ryzen SKU. Wait a week for CES.

This changes E V E R Y T H I N G

It's a rumor right now I think but yeah kaby lake. Read it on Forbes

>Regardless I think Ryzen priced right will hopefully cut the prices of all high end CPUs.
They wont till the 8000 lineup, intel cant suddenly halve its prices in response to zen if 8 core zen is at 300-350$, that would make them look so fucking bad it wouldn't be funny. They would suck it up and eat a one cycle loss, rather than the pr nightmare and release the next gen with some marketing sphell that they refined the process so the prices are lower for the first time in the i line history.

I'm going to wait till benchmarks, and probably a few weeks after to see if something bad pops up. If not, then fuck it, i'm on a phenom II with ddr2 and if there is a bug, its still better then what I got

And the i7-6700k isnt even 10% better than a 4790k.
Fucking deluded twat.

>DDR3 ram motherboards shorten the lifespan of the CPU

How come? Where have you acquired this information?

6 cores or bust. 5820, 6800 or -50 if you need them lanes.

Dafuq you need a cpu that strong

you mean the 7350k

literally no reason to buy one when you can probably get a four core skylake for less

keep 8350, dont upgrade

All of the rumored details make it sound like an awful deal. It may have a speed cap, it will probably cost more than $200.
There isn't any point because Intel are a bunch of Jews.

even if it's a 150 you've still got to buy a chipset that supports it (and aftermarket cooling if you don't already have it). and you'll still end up with worse performance than the 6400. it's just a rubbish meme product that makes no sense.

a chipset that supports overclocking to make it worth while*

Yeah he needs it for doing real work.
None of that dual-core pussy shit.

I have the money and like nice things?

The memory controller on the Skylake processor's are rated at 1.2V, which is the voltage required to operate DDR4 and DDR3L. DDR3 runs at 1.35v and thus exceeds the specifications. You can partially fix this by undervolting the RAM.

Nevertheless, these Memory IC's are rather robust and I doubt an extra .15v will do any damage in the long term.

If you want to run any xmp you have to up the voltage