I'm 20 years old, grew up with computers and very good with computer software / hardware, no experience coding

I'm 20 years old, grew up with computers and very good with computer software / hardware, no experience coding.

Do I have a chance at getting a comfy Sup Forums job in a few years if I start learning to code now? I'm in an apprenticeship making fantastic money but manual labor is for losers. I want to work from home and watch anime.

Why not get a call center job?

No.
Go back to being a weaboo, you'll never achieve anything in life if you keep anime in your life.

maybe? programming and computer literacy are mutually beneficial but one does not preclude the difficulty of learning the other. there are many brilliant programmers who are barely computer literate, and likewise many people who are adept with their computer but incapable of learning to program.

if it interests you, take some time out of every day (or at least once a week) and learn through online course material (check /dpt/ on g or just google). If you feel like it's something you have a knack for, then you can consider more formal education or whatever.

GL.

I make 27/hr and can't legally drink a beer I've already achieved a lot baka

I genuinely want to learn to code, the idea of moving careers would be nice if I ended up being good at it but I don't know how that job market is

whoops I left my name on

I'm laid off for the holidays so I'm practicing javascript while I collect my unemployment

>I make

>laid off

Typical weaboo.

What kind of computer skills you have then?

I have 21k in the bank and want to be with family over the holidays so I asked for time off

what is your fixation with me I just want to code user

>bragging about having money
>on Sup Forums
>is a weaboo

Kek, I only have $10k in the bank but I make $105k a year (equiv $50/hr).

Guess I'm just bad at spending money.

being on Sup Forums it's not impressive but it's what you would expect, growing up on windows 1998 and moving through each edition and experimenting with different linux distros I can do terminal commands, registry edits (reading google but I have acquired confidence), mostly any IT stuff on Windows, I custom built my desktop and make periodic upgrades to it and I've salvaged and repaired my shitty toshiba c655d laptop more times than I can count. What you would expect a seasoned computer hobbyist can do.

>windows 1998
well that's a first

So pretty much same as any other normie?

Why should anyone hire you when you can't even stand out from the crowd?

Typical retarded weabshit

>you'll never achieve anything in life
I have achieved well so far
>n-n-no you haven't weeb

Good job user.

i help peoples computers and tweak their computers

> if I learn to code

> can I get a learning job

did you read the op or did you just come to the comments immediately to sperg out

Just stick to your apprenticeship. Even coding has really grueling days, and competing with Pajeet or a bunch of autists will pretty much guarantee you'll be setting yourself back. If ever, just learn programming for fun before you decide to take it up as a career.

why the h*ck did you screenshot that moment?

If you want a Sup Forums job from home you most likely need a related college degree or be a skillful programmer involved in several projects, either way you have a long way to go.

I'm going to bed, thank you anons who answered my question of if I am a good coder in my mid twenty can I get a good job in the field

whatever nonsense unrelated to that is from one or two anons trying to derail my thread

Thank you for the reply, I want to learn as a hobby but if I can make it a career in the future that would be great. The outsourcing is a very real happening

I know user, we have to start somewhere. I just want to make sure it's not a waste of time going into coding at 20 and not 14.

Typical weaboo

Thanks for bumping my thread desu

I started coding at 22, doing a phd in computer science now working with live neurons. Took a lot of fucking work, but seems like in the end hard work matters more than talent

Just kys desu senpai

Desu.

>manual labor is for losers
but coding is manual labor, did you think people code with their minds?

I started coding when i was 16, and can build my own game engine from scratch but im still a loser neet, its different for everyone.

What trade are you in an apprenticeship for?

>python
it's time to step in the loo

Wow I know that guy in the image

I am OP. I'm a certified welder but right now I'm doing an acoustical apprenticeship with welding in my slow time.

but user I get to sit down in a comfy air conditioned room not hauling equipment from the first to third floor fourty times in an hour

pajeets got some nice shades