news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9482689
download-chromium.appspot.com/?platform=Linux_x64&type=snapshots
download-chromium.appspot.com/?platform=Linux_x64&type=continuous
chromium.woolyss.com
chromium.org/Home/chromium-privacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It tries to do everything

Botnet

HTML5 lags on chromium thanks to google pushing VP9 meme while it has no proper hardware accelration yet

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

resource hogging

It has a sandbox.

Oops. I read the op wrong.

nothing, its an amazing browser

Too resource intensive.
That's about it.
muh botnet is just a meme.

>google pushing VP9 meme
Google's too busy working on AV1 (which will have hardware acceleration within a year) to care about VP9 anymore.

after 3 years using only FF, feels FAST man

I hope mozilla gets back on track

Opposite effect on me, minimal clean firefox works way faster than chrome for me

Same

Closed-source binary blobs.

Botnet.

this tbqhf

what parts of chromium are not open source ? can't find information about this

welcome to FUD and fear mongering based on no facts at all.

There was a single incident years ago when Chromium would download a binary blob used to integrate with Google's voice command stuff.
The autists exploded, so Google hid it behind a build flag. And everyone went back to not caring.

It's not Firefox

Chrome doesn't support unity for some retarded reason.

firefox is generally slower than chrom*

Just wait for WASM to finalize. Pretty sure there's already a WASM version of Unity anyways.

yes totally a meme, except the fact that it pings home to google FOR EVERYTHING

Servo will fix that r-right g-g-guys?

>written in Rust
There'll be less memory leaks at least?

That's why you use Iridium.

O? news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9482689

>check my chromium version
>it's 55.0
g-guys, why am i so outdated?
using the package found in apt, what's the best way to download up to date chromium on GNU/Linux?

download-chromium.appspot.com/?platform=Linux_x64&type=snapshots
Or
download-chromium.appspot.com/?platform=Linux_x64&type=continuous

>Not building Chromium yourself

Botnet like everything else these days.

b-but i want to be able to auto update it with apt
would adding the chromium ppa give me the latest version?

>14gigs
Top GNU!!

because there's degoogled chromium instead

Why the fuck do I keep getting an error the first time I load a YT video on Chromium? If I refresh the site the video loads normally. Maybe it has something to do with uBO blocking the pre-video ad?

I guess. Google for chromium ppa dev branch...

chromium and chrome canary are both crashing on my system every few minutes

classic chrome is not crashing

it only crashes for faggots, since chromium is botnet it knows you're one

>news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9482689
>604 days ago

wasn't this supposedly taken out of the browser? im all for scrutiny, but isnt this a bit far-fetched? going for a 2-year-old vulnerability?

if it's like the main-line branch, they took away the ability to go back by pressing Backspace
that shit is inexcusable and it was the final straw for me

The file mentioned in that commit was completely removed. Not sure if it was moved, or if it's just hiding in the code though. I'm not downloading the entire source code for a browser I'm not using, just to search for a string.

Hardcoded pigfat URL bar (accesibility mode is forced)
Menus and tabs for bookmarks and history instead of compact sidebars
Other retarded UI decisions

as the most "advanced" websites I use are Sup Forums, amazon, and my bank's, i don't ever have an opportunity to notice which browser is faster or handles laggy js better. daily usability shit is more important.

Chrome is probably an absolute must for "news" sites, left and right, that are more biased than the shit on TV, youtube, and those random normie shit meme pages that render absolutely everything with js because they're trendy.

I really don't understand why firefox handles js-intensive sites so much worse.
Any kind of games and my meme *coin exchanges with pretty graphs and shit are impossible to use with firefox.

>I really don't understand why firefox handles js-intensive sites so much worse.
Because Mozilla and (especially) Microsoft were late to transitioning over to JIT Javascript, while Google only ever made Chrome for that purpose.

Though, at the moment it looks like Edge is faster, but that may be because Edge still hasn't implemented the rest of the bloat that is Javascript and HTML5.

b o t n e t

>no Wayland support yet
>have to run it in XWayland
that's about it

last time i checked you couldnt even modify HTTP HEADERS with chrome, thats why its so fast because it has shit work to do

It's not sexy enough

are you retarded? serious question here

>replying to a meme
I have bad news for you user.

see

See

look at

Look at

>open source
>botnet

this is what salty firecucks tell themselves.

Google was never known for good UIs. Them following the Hamburger-Menu like it's some holy doctrine is beyond infuriating. They even implemented a fucking Hamburger-Menu for Chrome's settings.

>open source means every single line of code has been audited
you're fucking retarded, enjoy the binary blobs

>most widely used browser on the internet
>no one has audited it
Maybe you should do it, silly.

That was just one person doing a quick search for their domain in the code. No one on Sup Forums has the will to review 14gigs worth of source code. I can't trust the German botnet after that (even if foss and claimed to be degoogled). Same for Chromium. It used to download binary blobs to enable Google's proprietary speech recognition thingy until people noticed. Just because sth is foss doesn't make it secure/respect the users privacy... If you don't care, just use Chrome.

explain the binary blob incident then, it was found late as fuck, why are you so convinced there is nothing else there?

>it was found late
Was it? I was under the impression it was found pretty quickly, but what do I know.

chromium.woolyss.com

chromium.org/Home/chromium-privacy

I wish there was more competition but Chromium really is the best browser. It feels like most other browser devs gave up on creating a general purpose browser because Chromium is always 10 steps ahead.