/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Only oldfags in, edition.

Old thread: >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE REFERENCE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

>Various tracker IRCs and sites open for signup(some are not available, will be occasionally):
pastebin.com/Gy3MrCDA (embed)

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

keybase.io/312c
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845065
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845480
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845671
pastebin.com/Pf4rMp7V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>feet tattoo
DROPPED

Who's winning?

depends on how many V2s there are :^)

54,172 on APL, 1,500 and dropping on PTH (most are reported)

was Violent Femmes - s/t a staff pick before wcd shutdown? i dont know why i cant remember if it was or not. no real reason i need to know its just bugging me

>pth has less quality options
shit tier tracker

V2's purpose is only for an extra upload
like, who actually cares about this preset?

desu so is v0
lossless+maybe 320 is all we need

whats wrong with IPT?

>320
Lul.

>lossless+maybe 320 is all we need
no

Does AB recruit on MAM?

admin had a grudge against btn/ptp staff
he ddos'd btn/ptp
he leaked peers from btn/ptp to public trackers causing some members to get dmca letters
there's a graphic with more but those are the two biggest things

AB currently recruits nowhere

Lossless + v0 is the only thing that makes sense.

V2 is acceptable for mobile, as in any time you're listening in less-than-ideal environments.

However I wish more trackers would accept Opus as it's vastly superior in terms of efficiency.

V2 is acceptable for mobile, but V0 is just as acceptable and more widely used. Just check the amount of snatches V2 gets on APL compared to everything else.

what is pgp key?

then why not use v2 huh

Post yfw part of the upper 1% on a tracker

I don't agree that V2 > V0 for mobile, however it's preference and more generally, no site should allow V2. If a user wants it, they should transcode from FLAC or settle for V0. I was simply explaining a possible justification for V2 at this time. Also consider that in the past, size on mobile devices was more constrained, hence emphasis on small file size.

keybase.io/312c

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845065
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845480
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S56844692#p56845671

There's a proposal to replace V2 with Opus 160kbps on APL but I don't think it's staff's top priority now

No user invite threads anywhere? Asking for a friend

Good work OP, thx sir.

desu it's gonna be more dead than ogg was.

>more options
V2s were hardly ever downloaded on what.cd outside of pump&dump staff picks
so yeah, no

>join ptp
>download some shit
>get a buffer
>upload shit
>join btn
>never use ptp again

holy shit what have I done

312c should get trips and shit post with us.

in addition to what user said, ipt is also a for-profit tracker which is frowned upon in file-sharing. it also puts a target on your back with copyright trolls.

he already shitpost

312cuck love us

I wish they'd drop mp3 completely

in either that /ptg/ or the /ptg/ before/after he said "tripcodes are for faggots"

NALA BE MY GIRLFRIEND

I don't see the problem here

right, the few MBs difference in file size between V2 and V0 is redundant now, even on mobiles these days.

is she really nala?

>Asking for a friend
I believe you user

what do you think, dumbass?

>Who's winning?
In all seriousness, has there ever been a point when apollo was winning? Hasn't pth been ahead from the start?

Their email system is down anyways so its currently impossible to join.

T-t-thanks
Well damn, I guess my friend has to wait

Does your friend have cute feet?

stop playing that weeb game and go to fix AB email system, lumi

>tfw post in the 'we'll snatch your uploads' thread on PTH
>tfw kind sir comes along and downloads multiple-GBs from me
>tfw get promoted
the invite thread looks a bit like the old what.cd one. just need BIB to recruit there and I'll be all set lads.

Someone should get all these NALA feet lickers and all the private tracker forum bitches that react to every little drama and put them in a deep pit and just start throwing earth on them.
YOU'RE A BUNCH OF KISSLESS VIRGIN CRAP!

fuck off myr

some real projecting happening here

Fck u buddy

Several users in particular have been great for snatching stuff in that thread.

t. xanax staff spammer

but none of the users snatching are the TB+ buffer hoarders from the freeleech. not the ones I've seen anyway.

Why is MAM so comfy?

What is the best qbittorrent search plugin? Not private tracker related but definitely piracy related.

What's there to do there? Read a bunch of e-books?

HOW IS IT COMFY? HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BUILD BUFFER THERE? REEEEEEEEEE

Give BPs to new users

>Most of cigani's "alt-right" god I hate that word combo, is what the real left is about with racist politics added on top, nothing new, it only happens because whitey in the US is starting to taste the shit blacks and others are tasting since centuries so they gotta integrate in their worldview their prejudice, I didn't use to be in such a dire economic situation, that's something reserved for minorities and people in Africa! So they project their anger on the representation of the problem they were educated to believe was the source of a problem, a non-existing one. Thought, I can think we can not further divide ourselves and just apply what makes sense when organizing, stealing ideas of the left punk bands explained to me at great lengths when I was 14 indeed, you up there, by Propagandhi's Less Talk, More Rock huge insert that contained only 10% lyrics. The right used to ridicule (and the hardline right in the repug party still do), because they love divide and conquer, we got more in common than what separates us. You should be thinking on how the Zapatistas in the southermost area of Mexico revolted to minor success the date NAFTA came into effect, April 1st 1994, they are mexicans, and the dark ones, with a lot of native blood in them, not the purely spanish descendents and they knew exactly what NAFTA would do, destroy their way of life and agriculture, have expensive stuff from the US flood their markets, so they took to arms and defended themselves and the central Mexican government let them be for a long time. Of course the US did not like that and Dubya put pressure and of course a violence lover like Dubya had no problem in causing what amounts to yet more indirect war crimes (nevermind the direct ones).
>Just because we knew what was wrong in this world when we were young, it don't mean we were wrong. Like music, it's a sacred place, not some fucking bank machine, not something to just be bought and sold.

apooloo is home to political geniuses.

let's derail this /ptg/
xD

Not anymore
>every snatched torrent is hnr, even if you didn't download more than 0.001%
>72h HnR
>Half of torrents are VIP
You call that comfy, dumbo?

tldr lmaooooo xd

that's word salad at best

Lel, let's steal some donation

I don't know where to begin, it's one stream of nonsense.

fuck off spaghetti

Literally one of the easiest trackers to build ratio on, lul.

wrong az

>I don't know where to begin
>word salĀ·ad
>noun
>noun: word salad

>a confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases, specifically (in psychiatry) as a form of speech indicative of advanced schizophrenia.

>azza
-____-

/double marked/

demonotaku is fucking retarded

It's almost like you hate giving back to the community. Maybe private trackers are not for you?

>he hasn't completed the triforce

h-how?

You used the word: COMFY!
I can't be a seeding bitch slave all the time OK?!
Sometimes I accidentally download a torrent and then I have to get it and seed it?
Sometimes I don't have the BP to become VIP= no access to torrents?
BTN,PTP,HDB DON'T DO THAT, and they are considered 1337.
And you are a moron for eating all that dick raw!

>mfw I wake up to find out I was pwned by sementaco

You need to calm down user.

>he doesn't have a raspberry pi seedbox running permanently

music is your xanax user

Why would someone want to dox Zed?

who /completedthetriforce/ here

i have completed the tri-force :3
and i did it before demonotaku!! hahahah!!

Finished it and HDB ages ago.

lulz

>TEH
>MTV
>APL
>AR
>BHD
>UG
who /curryhalfdozen/ here

UGc is cabal, idiot

He probably means UltimateGamerClub

>APL
>/curryhalfdozen/
ouch, curry staff spammer righteous fury incoming
duck lads

How to currently get an invite to PTH:
pastebin.com/Pf4rMp7V

UndergroundGamercats?

>tfw lowly 7-year WCD Member but had almost 1TB upload

> Hypothetical situation for top-tier buddies
> you are banned from all your trackers
> how will you start afresh and how much will it take you to get back to all those trackers?

>pth interview when they open up