F-FUCK YOU CYANOGENMOD

F-FUCK YOU CYANOGENMOD

WHAT THE FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

lineageos.org/
forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/cyanogen-developer-cyanogenos-phone-t3525877
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There will probably be a fork or something, cool your jets.

There is a fork but nobody knows if it will be successful, as of yet they don't even have build targets

lineageos.org/

What's the problem? Corporate overlords shutdown a cool project under their wings, so all the devs and contributors jump ship and go elsewhere.

lineageos.org/

This is a great outcome because now the project isn't tainted by a sour brand and faulty administration.

Just when I was thinking of modding...

Literally nothing's gonna change. I wish they picked a better name though.

This
And the logo is pretty boring too

I just got an update for my 1+1, but i might wait for another decent rom

Logo is a default Android icon. Implying it'll be stock but better.

>Check back for more information on Tuesday.
>tuesday long gone
Everybody panic!

>using pajeet rom

What?

the android community is so confusing coming from linux. The fact that it has to be built per-device seems insurmountable from a logistics and bandwidth perspective.

Why can't phones be handled cleanly? Why does it all have to be a botnet?

ARM was a mistake

Anybody have an archive of the wiki?

So was Google.

Pure AOSP builds are better anyway, about time that cancer died.

still no rom for moto x force
rip in peaces

at least moto gives me nougat soon enough

next tuesday faggit

Anybody mind spoon-feeding me? I don't have the time to look up what happened to cyanogen.

>We aren't going anywhere.
What did they mean by this?

no one cared about cyanogen after oneplus did their own thing and they died. they took cyanogenmod with them. the end.

Thanks.

they arent going away

Shit, I've been using Cyanogenmod for ages on my HTC M8.

I guess if I don't update I'll be fine. But this is sad.

Are there any alternatives that are as well maintained and mostly trustworthy?

Retarded drama about the retards from Cyanogenmod Inc. that tried to make it into an OEM OS but then they broke a contract with some retarded indian company because they made another OEM OS available. So now the company is shutting down and we need someone else to host the builds under a different name.

enjoy the botnet

>forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/cyanogen-developer-cyanogenos-phone-t3525877

lmao, the fired devs said to disable updates and don't update anymore, you just gon goofed

reminder you're only going to get malware if you're on cyanogenOS, not mod.

Shit, my build is from 20161225, I guess I'm fucked?

I'll need to revert to a previous version. Fuck, I don't have the time for this shit.

AOSP ROMs are absolute cancer, and Google are working hard on closing the Android code source as fast as they can.
Soon not even AOSP ROMs will boot without Google's botnet.

Guess it's time to install sailfish on my opo.

obviously, but why the fuck is it so hard to make ROMs for each specific phone whereas linux seems to work on almost anything with way more ease? i don't get it i need to be spoonfed sorry.

Is it stable?

A lot of phone manufactures make the drivers for things like cameras, finger print scanners, touchscreens, etc closed source and/or unavailable to developers. It's not like desktop Linux where the drivers to most things is available through one universal kernal.

At least AOSP doesn't trade performance for a circular battery icon, it's ridiculous.

Also, Cyanogen is built on top of AOSP, so in any case, you are getting that Cancer that you speak of, but even more cancerous

So long and thanks for all the roms

this

>just got a CM14.1 nightly on my Moto G a couple days ago, 24122016 build
Am I full blown botnet now guys? I didn't get any update and those are already disabled, so I guess I'm safe?

At least it works well for a nightly, the only thing that was broken was the LED notification. Sucks that CM had to die, it was a pretty cool project.

Irrelevant because developers had to replace what Google has taken in these years.
In the end only the kernel will be the only thing that will be open source, anyway.

Last time I tried it you couldn't access the sailfish store, which makes the phone useless except for basic phone things and internet

What Google has taken in? Do you even know how much is actually replaced?

You can use the store on the opo now. Not sure about its stability but I haven't seen that many issues that couldn't be fixed with a terminal command or two.

I updated on Xmas day. FML

Basically all the parts that are GPL aside the kernel are being replaced by some non-GPL equivalent, hell, even Android is now compiled in Clang instead of GCC. Only BusyBox is still GPL, but Google has plans to replace it with Toybox and that day is not so distant.

If you babbies bought non-shit phones that ship with an acceptable OS, you wouldn't have this problem...

I wish Replicant had support for more devices and wifi.

stop talking shit, some IOS updates outright killed devices

Mostly androids though...

Consume :O

you mean "FUCK YOU KIKES/CYANOGEN"

CyanogenMod is making lineageOS because kikes ruined a good thing

fucking kikes.

>not replicant
kys

Wat is kikes ?

I want to use devices made after 2012, user.

1+1

Why would you advertise a lack of self respect? Might as well wear a sign stating you like abuse.

Xeon phones will ne betters hahaha

Each specific phone has their own snowflake kernel with all the hardware details, drivers and quirks compiled in. It's not like you can just let the BIOS initialize the hardware, detect what's there and load drivers as modules like on PC.

In addition Android kernels tend to carry a huge pile of patches on top of the vanilla kernel. Some of them are from Google, some from SOC manufacturer and some from the handset manufacturer. All added to add some fancy kernel features, drivers or work around device quirks.

Luckily they've mainlined a lot of base Android features and you can even boot some Nexus devices with vanilla kernel these days. They've also managed to create the Device Tree specification for loading hardware info into the kernel at boot instead of hard coding everything.

thanks for explaining, makes way more sense now.

AFAIU...
as the person you are replying to said, ARM on itself is a mess, unlike x86

25 nightly is ok

Is there much of a point when you need to install non-free firmware for the wifi anyway?

GentoomenMod

Funded.

>2016
>using Pajeetmod

Kike = uneducated jew, look it up on wikipedia.

This. Cm was always unstable crap.

That's not what I meant
I don't deny Google is making Android shit, I'm saying that Cyanogen runs like shit. I've never understood the "cutting edge" mentality, like, you're OK with lag and features not working for a few features you don't really need or that you can usually add with Xposed? Which in itself has become shit since Lollipop.

t. Couldn't get CM to work on my phone because I didn't read the wiki

>unstable crap
That's why you only need to use Snapshots builds and stick with Snapdragon smartphones.

I use a snapdragon device and 3 out of the 6 snapshots available for it have at least one important feature not working.

What's there to know? That's such a dumb argument, you flash Cyanogen the same way you'd flash AOSP. Please consider castration.

Are the nightlies from Christmas safe to flash?

Why would it be any less successful? It is a fork, meaning they don't have to rewrite anything. The project is essentially just changing it's name and some of the developers working on it.

>buy oneplus one mainly because phone is cheap and comes with cyanogenmod
>cyanogenmod drops support not even a year after i buy the phone

thank god i jumped ship before this happens so my loss were at the minimum

People keep talking like this is the end of Custom Roms, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

It will not be the end, but they will be hard times.

>2016
>owning things that own you

wtf I hate cyanogenmod now

>toy phones that don't even have a manager unlike shitty windows CE PDAs

There are more creative ways to waste your money