>makes his site free
>constantly begs for donations

T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't worry, Jimmsy-boy, you'll catch Larry one day

At least you got a logical fallacy "funnily" named after you, hehehe

>making fun of the only person who can operate a website properly.

a man of noble intentions and unparalleled virtue

in other words, a failure

Would Wikipedia have been so successful if it weren't for its freedom?

explain yourself

When will you flamboyant fagots fuck off to

Challenge accepted

I have relied on Wikipedia to finish most of my thesis and bachelors degree projects.

It's a shame the site can't maintain itself.

this

Linux would have gone precisely nowhere if it was developed and marketed like SCO and Sun/Oracle shit

Aren't you edgy, junior
>kys

What makes you think he owns it?

If Wikipedia had ads it would be str8 garb

I remember this meme as if 2010 were yesterday

What a cuck

F

this was hillarious

So did anyone here actually donate to Jimbzey?

Jimbo plans to stop asking for money once Wikipedia has enough to live off the interest.

>official laugh at ___ thread

user, this is not Sup Forums and World Cup is over. We've laughed at England and Iceland enough, didn't we?

holy shit that's a lot of money

I donated $5 last year or the year before. That's as much as I plan on donating until I get a good job.

As an occasional user of the site I donate every now and then.

People like to rag on Wikipedia and their fundraising drives but most of the edgy faggots doing it would most likely miss it if it was gone.

I personally like the guy's morals and no matter what half the people say, if Wikipedia was gone today people would lose one of the easiest methods of knowledge (m-muh biased sources!).

I donate $5 any time those annoying "DONATE TO ME" ads pop up. The reality is I use Wikipedia a lot, so I try to support it.

Wikipedia should be owned by the government and be the source of knowledge available for everyone

>Wikipedia should be owned by the government
That would kill the primary idea of Wikipedia

>>constantly begs for donations
and giving him money doesn't stop him begging for more.

>if Wikipedia was gone today people would lose one of the easiest methods of plagiarism.
Students have, in the past, turned in essays that were wholly cut-and-paste from Wikipedia.
Locally, a politician's report on his overseas study tour was found to be an assembly of direct quotes from Wikipedia.

>That would kill the primary idea of Wikipedia
Depends which country.
There are several countries who run national radio networks that are models of arm's-length administration. They also run libraries and universities that contain anti-government ideas.
Some other governments would have a problem with this concept.

>owns 7th most visited website
Isn't it a sad reflection on society that the most valuable and powerful collection of free knowledge history has ever known is only the 7th most visited website?

>PHP
Let's bet the server costs for wikipedo would go down by an order of magnitude if they rewrote it to not be a gigantic piece of shit

I would if they would let me donate using a donation method of my choice

Wikipedia is one of humanity's greatest achievements. I mean that.

He should be proud.

>The reality is I use Wikipedia a lot, so I try to support it.
This; it's probably my most used website after Sup Forums

this. they should rewrite it in Go
but PHP7 has advanced a lot on that respect, though

it is, and it's even more when this happens
we in chile had a local politician copy and paste shit from wikipedia too

Expel them? Fire them? It sounds like Wikipedia is a good retard detector.

hahahahahahah yes. I used to love the "personal appeal from Jimmy wales" signs on wikipedia. The new donation begging appeals suck, they just don't have the comedy value as the ones with his face on. Honestly if they brought back the old ones I might donate to wikipedia just to encourage them to keep his face up

He had a chance to put ads on it, and now it's far too late for that. At least he'll get a footnote in history.

Literally the only site to which i have donated multiple times without hesitation. I've gained too much use out of Wikipedia to not feel grateful for it.