Wired mouse

>wired mouse
>move your hand off of the mouse to type with both hands
>tension from the wire moves the mouse slightly and autofocus has brought a new window in to focus

Sup Forums "herp derp you use a wireless mouse you faggot peasant?!"

>wired mice
>2016 + 1
>issygddt

?

Wired mice are a meme. Faggots try to act superior by using them but whatever microscopic performance difference, it is completely mitigated by exactly what you described.

Perhaps he's some retard with a tangled mouse wire or with a shitty desk/setup

>thinks of muh games instead of another battery to recharge
Only acceptable if you have some HTPC thing on the other side of the room.

yea they'll keep pushing that stupid shit forever

i can understand a wired keyboard, you don't have to move it around so cord tension never affects it. but a wired mouse is fucking stupid

Well I've never had a connection problem with a wired mouse. I have with wireless. If you can deal with that then good for you, but it annoys me and I'm sure quite a few other people.

no that's bullshit. you can't tell me that you've used a wired mouse for more than three hours without this happening regardless of setup.

if you push your mouse up, tension builds because you are forcing the same amount of cord into less vertical space. there is always some specific position where when you lift your hand off a wired mouse, it will move.

>2019 - 2
>not using a trackball

vertical was probably not the right word, just think about it though, when you move your mouse down you are stretching the cable, that's great, when you move it back up, tension builds.

source: am using a shitty wired mouse at work right this second

>>tension from the wire moves the mouse slightly

Just tested, this doesn't happen at all even at extremely bent angles on my g500s.

Are you using a 50g mouse?

>tension from the wire moves the mouse slightly and autofocus has brought a new window in to focus

My wire doesn't move my mouse at all, even with it spun around almost 180 degrees

Also mouse over focus does not change active window focus, this wouldn't affect your typing at all.

i have no idea how you can have never noticed this happening. i to different clients all the time and every single workstation with a wired mouse i've ever sat at has had this problem if i use it long enough.

mouse over focus definitely does this for me using i3wm, and most of the time i want it that way. except when im using a god forsaken wired mouse.

maybe it is just the weight of the mouse that fixes this problem but fuck it, g602 for life

>i have no idea how you can have never noticed this happening

Because it doesn't happen, I don't use a mouse that weighs 25 grams and I don't use a teflon sheet as a mouse pad.

i will entertain the idea that you haven't noticed it with your specific setup but i will never be trolled into believing this isn't a problem

I've been using the same mousepad since I had a ball mouse which means it's perfectly polished and yet the cheap mouse (60 grams) doesn't slip.
Only some thick double-layer cable or a mouse made of paper could cause that

>whatever microscopic performance difference
Completely agree. Just saw a thread on Sup Forums boasting how much more accurate a mouse they are with a mouse in games. Everyone is on this wireless=bad hive mind.

>Gamerfag with shit peripherals
>"FUCK I missed all those shots with my wallmart mouse."
>buys latest and greatest optical mouse from a brand like Zowie bc he saw a pro use it.
>...
>continues to miss shots but can't blame the mouse, finally realizes that he's just bad.
Discuss.

It's people who used a wireless mouse 10 years ago and are sticking with their conclusion from that experience.

Same deal as with wireless audio devices.

This thread is a perfect example of why mentally retarded "people" shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

G900 mustard rays

I wonder who could be behind this post...

except a wired/wireless mouse has almost zero realistic performance difference and a wired home theater vs wireless speakers has a very real performance difference

everything in your post was 100% correct. except most of your post.

Who the fuck deals with wire tension? I'm fairly sure if you're a faggot, you bought a mouse tether, or if you're an other reasonable human being, you pre-tensioned the cable on some random object on your desk.

Or are you the same faggots who keep killing the charging ports on your phones and laptops by just letting cords dangle and yanking things around by them, getting mad that the charging port on your iPhone broke for the 2nd time after you just pulled the phone right up and off it from the wall.

You guys probably have your mouse cords pushing right up against your walls/monitor stands.
Leave ~20cm of free space for the mouse cord to move into and this is literally a non issue.
Enjoy having to charge and wirelessly connect a """portable""" device which literally never leaves a single 30x20cm area of your desk.

>muh performance
didn't mention performance but he's right, I had a wireless mouse 10 years ago and not only the battery life (especially with rechargeable batteries, which have lower voltages) was shit but it didn't even work properly without it's software/driver installed.

nigga you on Sup Forums ain't nobody here need to install software for their mouse, we all use linux where shit jus werks

I have never tested it with GNU/Linux and don't know what happened to it, but one would have expected a PS/2 mouse to just werk like any other PS/2 mouse.

G602, you're welcome.

>paying a huge premium for wireless and extra batteries instead of just spending $10 on a mouse bungee

Top cuck

Besides the fact that you have to charge the bastard things, have you considered that people use wired mice because there aren't any decent wireless ones that cost less than £40?

I use pic related and am rather comfortable with it. Haven't found anything better that I'm comfortable using.
Perhaps the G700s if it weren't so fucking expensive

keep in mind I type this with an unwired mice, but it's a fucking chord bud, I think you can figure it out, but I hear you family, brother.

This.
Honestly it's not fucking hard to have your cable a little loose. I use my mouse at 12000 DPI (thanks OSU!) and never have OP's issue.