/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Pf4rMp7V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shitty op

Please delete this thread and someone make a new one

was working on a good OP but didn't get time to finish before the new thread :-(

aplfags detected

Sup Forums is not about private trackers you retard, it's full of normies

Yes, here is a Sup Forums meme for reference.

FUCK off

Sup Forums is a better place than a technology board lmao

WTF i love tripfagging now

Ju57 g07 PwnD! XddXDxd

no its not, private trackers are technology, 80% of the time we're discussing music trackers which dont belong on Sup Forums

They're all normies there, it's disgusting.

Sup Forums thinks a 2GB 1080p encode is good enough. Let's not go there.

>private trackers are technology

See that's where you're wrong kiddo

>all these shitposts

Well, at least the APL vs PTH retard shitposting party appears to have finally ended.

Anyone here use a seedbox? What are some reliable services?

WAV to FLAC
Which one do I choose? Does it even make a difference?

level 8. Literally no difference in sound quality apart from taking extra time to convert.

Then why not level 0?

level 8 makes the smallest files

If you're completely new to seedboxes and have money to spend I'd go with whatbox contrary to what some anons might say. Imo it's a really good starter seedbox. They're stable, hard to break, wiki is really newbie friendly, and support is really good.

If you ever want to go with something else or less expensive, you can always rsync your torrents over.

level 0 is theoretically easier for your CPU to play, but unless you're using a CPU from the 1930's it doesn't matter. Picking anything but level 8 is wrong.

did you do the last one user? that was good.

Why do anons complain about it?

Level 0 uses the least amount of compression while level 8 uses the most. Compression in this instance doesn't mean lesser quality by the way. A lossless flac will still be exactly the same as the original wav.

>APL vs PTH retard shitposting party appears to have finally ended.
cheers mate, now you've jinxed it. xnx spammer incoming

>?

I've been using whatbox for years.

They're pretty great.

It's a bit pricy.

fuck the emp irc. pieces of shits

Ok well that's no problem, thanks!

why user

tell us why user

Has anyone noticed that APL has drastically cut down on smiley usage after we started pointing it out?

We did it /ptg/

>>>/reddit/

I think some people here regard whatbox as being somewhat overpriced for what it offers. Seedhost (and feral while it was up) basically offer the same speeds and storage for less, but you're more or less on your own. People forget that support and stability should be a factor in price as well.

I know whatbox does pretty good data backups too. I've had a hard drive failure when I was with whatbox and it was recovered basically the same day. I'm on feral now but if the same were to happen, my data would probably be gone. I don't think feral does backups, according to what some people have mentioned in the past.

All things considered whatbox is really newbie friendly imo. And once someone has more experience, they can make a more informed choice about whether they want to switch somewhere else or not.

Wasn't me. But I'll try to top that one. :)

>he's on pooloo

dank stank maymay!

[spoiler]Just kidding, it's hook shit![/spoiler]

tell us your tale

>he's staff at pooloo

Will PTN be royal in 4-5 years?
I'm thinking yes, but asking here because cba to just join another tracker.

No.

What's the formula on MAM to calculate the BP? I couldn't find much info on their website.

Why do you say that?

PTN is and forever will be curry.

Waaaayyy back in the day before /marked/ was a thing they let me in (brand new to the private trackers) with my only proof being an 0.5 ratio on Sup Forumstracker. They have no standards.

If you think they've changed their ways since then, they're currently recruiting on MAM.

>If you think they've changed their ways since then, they're currently recruiting on MAM.
Was that a shot at MAM, a shot at PTN, informing me if I want to join, or all of the above?

It's a secret user. Not even joking. The formula has probably got something to do with file size/number of seeders.

I never ever found this album, not even on private trackers.

It's fucking impossible to find them.

Only the first 2

Actually only a shot at PTN, I don't think MAM minds being considered low-level

Make a request.

How did you all get promoted to PU on MAM? Is it just hoarding BP and exchanging it to upload credit?

I cannot imagine how am I supposed to upload 25GB by seeding 5MB ebooks and I am too afraid to download bigger files since no one would download them from me.

How did you level up on MAM /ptg/?

Just as a heads up, the MAM recruitment thread is going to require screenshots of two other torrent sites where you have a decent ratio.

how could I get an invite to a music tracker now that what cd died?
I'm power user in karagarga but because of some moron named Judex we cannot invite anybody anymore

buy it and upload it. You think everyone just magically "found" all their music?

Yes. Holy shit are you still asking this question? How do you think people get 10TB+ of buffer on that site or any site with bonus points? If a site has bonus points that you can exchange for upload than that makes the site piss easy to get buffer.

Spend all your bonus points on upload credit. My "padded" MAM ratio is in the triple digits while my real ratio is around 0.2.

This one?

you've been posting all day about this and anons have answered you.
time to move on now

Yup

Where did you find it?

>tfw i have no proof of the what cd power user account
fucking kill me

I'm sorry, I was hoping people smarter than me here would be able to help me :(

Thank you anons.

>slsk.png
hmmmmmm....

could torrent files downloaded from what.cd be considered proof?

level 8

takes longest but it's the smallest with no difference in quality. Also level 8 is the only one allowed in private trackers

no

>slsk.png
>where
sourire

It was on what.cd

pastebin.com/Pf4rMp7V

you're only on level8? I'm on level 14 myself

Sorry, i thought that the filename was just random letters.

I miss what.cd ; _ ;

m8, since you lack so much knowledge on this, I'll give you a little push in the right direction in hope that you become more independent. There is freeleech every 14 days, this includes audiobooks, some of these audiobook picks include ~CoLleCtIOnS~; these collections can get up to 30GB in size, and guess what? It's freeleech! Not to mention it goes towards your bonus points after 72 hours of seeding. Let it go known that you may not receive massive amounts of bonus points, as the formula includes [yes] file size, but also factors amount of seeders along yourself. The formula is unknown. You fucking faggot.

No need to be so rude.

thanks, i guess i'll have to dig in my shitload of log files from different computers to find some what.cd chat log hoping that something is still there

Test

Kill yourself.

What client and OS are you using?

hear ye, the dubs of truth have spoken

ok

*hangs self*

Your question has been answered in great detail now.

debian linux and client was always kvirc
but i have several installations here and there
i guess i used windows back then

kek

not him. did you even read the rules/faq? jesus christ, you've been begging to be spoonfed all day about literally the easier private tracker out there.

why user why

Thank you.

Not me BTW.

>Absolute retard that can't even grasp an answer after being completely spoonfed multiple times
>Belittles those who help him
>*action*
This has gone too far. I hope you never reach cabal faggot.

I'm not the MAM bonus points guy.

You're welcome : )
Maybe people will actually acknowledge this way.

No, everyone who isn't me is (you).

THIS CUNT is on hdbits and you aren't? What the fuck, /ptg/?

Wew lad marked as heck

You know they can search for people based on how much they have downloaded, and on which torrent?
Then just see who is seeding a torrent with those stats?

Already pmed a mod

If he isn't the only seeder you are an idiot.

You're the idiot, the Greek peer is clearly the one DOWNLOADING, not seeding. FWIW, there are 100+ seeds on the torrent, and he's the only client leeching. And he's not even getting 400KiB/s. Pathetic
Daily reminder that LB doesn't /mark/

>tfw Elite on WCD
>all my uploads are already on PTH
reeeeeeee

>can't find 50 unique uploads

really.

I was at like 450 fag