Macbook Pro 2016

What were they thinking?

The keyboard is horrible versus the perfectly competent prior design

The touchstrip makes me think Apple don't know how to approach the issue of touchscreen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what do you mean? they already have their fanbase so they don't need to work that much anymore, any crap they put out the mactoddlers will buy.

>what were they thinking
"Quick, change some stuff around in order to stay relevant!"

I like the new keyboard desu, feels nice and tactile.

>The keyboard is horrible versus the perfectly competent prior design
>The touchstrip makes me think Apple don't know how to approach the issue of touchscreen

Have you even used one?

Not OP here. No clue on the strip, but the keyboard is atrocious.

>the keyboard is atrocious.
It's not. Everything else is though.

It is fucking atrocious. Colleague got a new MPB. I tried using it.
It is obnoxiously loud and you can barely register keypresses.

His goddamn emails have been full of spelling mistakes just typing on the damn thing.

How long before before apple ""invents"" macbook *touch*?

It would be worth it just for the mental gymnastics macfags would be forced to perform.

Apple do not want to approach the issue of touchscreen on a laptop because they suck. If you want a touchscreen get a tablet

I've been using the new mbp since christmas. Hated the keyboard at first, slowly starting to hate it it less to the point where I don't really think about it too much. I hate the sound it makes though, and these FUCKING ARROW KEYS are cancer. I do enjoy the old macbook pro/air keyboards better.

The touchbar is pretty stupid IMO. Everything that it has on there I can do faster by not using it

the touchbar is the next step in removing mechanical parts entirely. mechanical parts are expensive and only nerds want them. rich consumers want gold shiny things that only require a light touch.

>The touchbar
Let's call it its real name: the cuckbar.

So at what point do they remove the lid then?

>What were they thinking?
youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

Should've been the old Macbook Pro with the new touchpad and higher resolution screen.

>Should've been the old Throttlebook Pro with the new touchpad and higher resolution screen.

Never had the issue on mine. Then again I clean out the fans every 6 months or so and never use it on a non-flat surface.

>needing to do that shit to keep your throttlebook from catching fire

Real laptops made by engineers rather than turtleneck wearing starbucks sipping hipsters don't have this problem.

Not OP, but I used one, and that keyboard is complete and utter shit.

You should not have to "get used to" a keyboard on a premium laptop. That thing is so shit, that I don't want to get used to it.

Mom, I posted it again!

>t. mactoddler

>the issue of touchscreen
Touch screens are stupid and useless on laptops. This strip is pretty stupid and useless too, but it's a neat gimmick.

They made the keyboard obnoxiously loud so they can use it as a point-scoring feature for a future product which doesn't use physical keys.

Yes, this so many times. If the keyboard is only good after Stockholm Syndrome settles in, then it's not good.

With the iPad.

It's probably Apple's way of leading their fanbase towards fully touchbased keyboards in the future.

Like oled screen keyboards. Next they're gonna try to make their laptops look like Startrek touch-based terminals.

>The touchstrip makes me think Apple don't know how to approach the issue of touchscreen
>Apple
>don't know how to approach the issue of touchscreen

Are you retarded? They've said multiple times over the years the reasons they haven't done it. In a seated position, you'd have to be a fucking grandparent to want a touchscreen, its extremely uncomfortable, and even if the machine could convert to tablet mode, using macOS with your fingers would be total shit.

Touchscreen laptops are for dumb normies.

>It's probably Apple's way of leading their fanbase towards fully touch based keyboards in the future.

No it isn't you dumb fuck. No company is dumb enough to do that, least of all Apple. Lenovo tried it but obviously that machine has been a failure. Its not testing the waters for anything. Its trying to get more functionality from a row of of keys which thanks to having their own OS can be made dynamic. Unless of course Apple in the future develops on their patents for textured screens and whatever.

It's their signature to take previously failed concepts and polish them and present them as cutting edge innovation.

Considering that their laptop keyboards are getting less and less keytravel it seems clear to me they're headed towards touch-based keyboards.

>less travel means eventual replacing the keyboard
>less and less

Its to make things thin, moron. Not something I agree with because the machines were fine but that's the reason. The old keys were the worst thing on the older machines. They felt loose, mushy and shit, owning a ThinkPad previously just made things a lot worse when it came to using the old MacBook Pro keyboards. Nothing will ever beat a ThinkPad's keyboard in my opinion but for a laptop, the V2 mechanism comes second. What do you mean less and less? They've stayed the same forever and now have a change, the travel distance is still the same from the 12" MacBook just with a different mechanism. Not like I'd expect anyone here to know anything about how the latest hated Apple product actually works.

>issue of touchscreen

The issue is that it exists. Touch is far and away the worst method for interacting with a large computer save active styluses such as Wacom, Surface Pen, Apple Pen, etc. If I wanted a touch screen, I'd get a tablet.

Touchscreen is actually a pretty decent secondary HID, which is useful when you are working with someone else, or for 2-in-1 laptops when you just want read some PDF.

this
touchscreens just waste battery life

this

This. Loved the keyboard on my T420 from the first key I pressed.

/thread