Rather do it in perl
>>ANYTHING else
>Python
Racket (scheme) over Python any day

how do you get vim to look so good?

>Thinks Python is good for anything
Retard McFagButt spotted.

i dont use python, but if i understand your code right, then:

- your defint doesn't work when you do an integral where the TO is lower than the FROM
- you do 100.000*(TO-FROM) operations to approximate a definite integral. that is a ridicolous waste of resources and will never get done with high numbers

Lua

What de are you using?

4/10
don't make it so obvious next time

C# for everything, it's fast and easy to maintain.
The new .net core framework is now equal to the Qt one and is fully free, so no stupid and very expensive licence anymore.

I like how you think, would love to see some of your code.

mind sharing vimrc?

Everything compiles down to Assembly eventually. Therefore the whole world runs on Assembly.

except there is more than one type of processor, therefore there is more than one assembly language ;^)

>.net core
Does this make Mono redundant? Seems pretty cool.

>>Anything embedded/low level/performance sensitive
C
>Desktop
Good ol' Cpp/Qt

>File operation
bash

>Anything else
Good ol' Cpp

You can't write programs using the C Preprocessor, idiot.

C P P
Plus
Plus

OP post dotfiles please

I thought this was an embedded thread and when I looked at your screenshot I got triggered.

>C++
>embedded

Wew

It's turing complete

Tell me also

>>transparent term
>>gud colorscheme
>>a plugin for the header and the footer

REPL plugin?

You can't write C programs without the C Preprocessor, idiot.

>>ANYTHING else
>Python
Will not fit in 32KB RAM on a 6502 system.

>Prove me wrong
I just did.

>Employment
C++, C, C#, or Java

>tfw fell for the 16KB RAM meme

>>File operation heavy scripts
wrong
perl > bash

I'd agree with you if you mentioned Lua, and C++ really isn't needed. But that aside, it's pretty good.

t. i've never had a job let alone one as an embedded sw dev

>Java for Desktop
>not obvious

>perl > bash
What is so good about perl?

What about browser? There's only one option.

JS
S

Nobody wants to fucking use desktop programs anymore grandpa. It's all about the web now.

>Anything embedded/low level/performance sensitive
We use VHDL since x86 is too slow.

Otherwise agreed. At home I use .NET because it's stupidly powerful.

Is the .net core that good? I was mostly a C# programmer until I went back to school on fall, and now that I have to deal with Python I miss my beloved C# so much. But I worked with huge solutions so I don't know how good C# is for simple, 1 script, type of problems.

regular expressions is probably the main thing its known for. splitting text files up, searching, sorting, easily define functions and if else while for loops much better than bash. It was pretty much designed to be better bash but got a little carried away and now its a clusterfuck all different shit. But for writing small scripts I still definitely prefer it over bash.

What's the official/modern GUI toolkit in this new .NET? Does it run on Linux?

Windows Forms sucks badly.
Last time I tried to learn WPF I was presented with XML editing. Thank you but no.

Everything runs on quantum probability amplitude.

It comes default with encryption. Reading others source code is almost impossible.

>C(++) for low-level

C++ is a neat idea for a language and I'm looking forward to whenever Bjarne finishes it.

Learn Rust.

Whats unfinished about C++?

theres a new standard like every 3 years and all sorts of undefined behavior unless you read and memorize every line of the effective c++ books

I mean, memory management in C++ is clearly not finished. You can just have dangling pointers in your code and still compile.

Does that sound like a complete language to you?

Asm
>literally everything else
Node.JS

And what will you usw for highly parallel programming?

So you think this makes the language unfinished? This would make most languages unfinished.

This means C++ is potentially memory unsafe. Not unfinished.

sup code monkey

AFAIK the .net core does not include any GUI elemnts, those are still part of the regular .Net, so that means windows forms and WPF.

WPF is a bit hard to get into, but it's pretty solid and pretty.

>This means C++ is potentially memory unsafe.

Well clearly something's got to be done about that if C++ is to be used for low-level development.

I mean, imagine a world where C++ was widely used for systems and application development. Developers would be spending all their time hunting down memory leaks. What a nightmare!

P.S. learn Rust

The functional programming language of your choice.
(This is the best answer)

You're misunderstanding me to be a C++ fanboy. I was only refuting the obviously wrong statement of "C++ is unfinished".

You are completely right about C++ needing something done for it to be used for low level development and if you use google you'll see many C++ programmers have come up with their own solutions.

Rust has been my next language to learn for a while. Recommendations for good Rust material?

>(++ if you absolutely NEED oo)
oop is a philosophy as much as it is a feature in your favourite programming languages
there's nothing stopping you doing oop in C.

>>Last time I tried to learn WPF I was presented with XML editing. Thank you but no.

a separate declarative language for the visual design / view is a common pattern, mobile languages do this too or else you get this kind of shit

Panel = new JPanel();
Panel.setLayout(new GridBagLayout());
Panel.setEnabled(true);
final JLabel label1 = new JLabel();
label1.setText("Decimal String");
GridBagConstraints gbc;
gbc = new GridBagConstraints();
gbc.gridx = 0;
gbc.gridy = 1;
gbc.anchor = GridBagConstraints.WEST;
Panel.add(label1, gbc);
final JLabel label2 = new JLabel();
label2.setText("Hexadecimal String: ");
gbc.gridx = 0;
gbc.gridy = 5;
Panel.add(label2, gbc);
hexField1 = new JTextField();
gbc.gridx = 2;
gbc.gridy = 5;
gbc.weightx = 1.0;
gbc.fill = GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL;
// etc...

JavaScript

>Desktop
JavaScript

>File operation heavy scripts
JavaScript

>ANYTHING else
JavaScript

JavaScript!

(The inability to detect sarcasm is a symptom of autism. Don't delay, ask your doctor today!)

Rust by Example is a decent speedy intro, but absolutely MUST be supplemented with the official Rust book.

Rust is not easy to learn. Beginners will invariably feel like they're fighting the borrowing checker line-by-line. Trust me, though: that gets better with time. It's hard to learn because, rather than offloading the cost of memory management to runtime like in GC languages or to the design phase like in C(++), the cost is offloaded to you the developer while you're learning the language. And if you think about it, that's obviously the better solution. It's harder to learn because it's just a better language.

Once you start using Rust a bit, you too will swear that C++ obviously isn't finished...

> It's harder to learn because it's just a better language.

[citation needed]

Please put a trigger warning before posting Swing, thanks.

I've been writing a bunch of Java GUI shit at work lately. Tell me, is there a better way? Is JavaFX worth looking into or is it just an Oracle meme?

I got that sarcasm. I didn't even respond to that part I thought that was obvious. If not maybe you should get checked :P

Yes you can

How's this:

You literally cannot write a Rust program with memory leaks unless you deliberately leak memory in a function or block you explicitly declare as unsafe.