NVIDIA Quadro P6000 Faster than Titan X (PASCAL)

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

hothardware.com/reviews/nvidia-quadro-p6000-and-p5000-workstation-gpu-reviews

wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-quadro-p6000-gaming-benchmarks/

Is it worth the money though?

>buying a Quadro
>for gay men

There's a distinct lack of an answer in your response.

you'd have to be mentally handicapped to buy something like this for anything not involving professional work

DELET THIS

Why exactly? Wouldn't it work for games?

I'd definitely work for games, but it won't be cost effective.

It'll work, but consider the fact that the P5000 retails for $2500 USD.

You would never use all of the power this card gives. So it's a waste of money for gaming purposes. It requires so much more to render a game scene that is in progress, mostly because of the various things that are open and being rendered all at once, verses a completed and fully programmed game scene.

yes, it will but spending 5k on something that will give you a minor edge in fps is retarded, even for richfags who don't know what to do with their money

and even those faggots would probably be running two titans in sli

that's what they said about the Titan and yet here we are with people gaming with sli titans

Has anyone actually done the math?

Seems to me that you can skip a generation and still land on top. How much is that worth?

So there is a catch.

How about Quadro in SLI?

ITT Poorfags

Why would it upset me if someone buys these for gaming? If they have the money go for it.

>condoning stupidity

that's what got us to this point

yo im gonna buy like 2

If someone is ultra wealthy and wants to do it, I don't really care. It's definitely not a cost effective purchase even when looking at products like the Titan X.

You literally pay 5 to 10 times more for a quadro.

What's the currently superior card with regards to price/performance?

>not buying 8 of them

what are you? poor?

I dont get it. Did they build a bigger die than GP 100?

Titan is slightly cut because of yields so technically they could make a fully enabled die but that would only add like 5-6% The rest of this would have to be from either HBM2 or some crazy custom PCB with much higher core clocks.

>yields measured in wafers per die

Wish I wasn't.

RX460/450
GTX1050/1060

1.rx 470 2. rx 480 3. gtx 1060

Quadro is for literally professional workstations...who cares?

Because it's like a million dollars

>poorfags

It would be great for games, but also very dumb since you can buy two 1080s for the same price.

Wait for whatever is the successor to the Titan X.

What would that be used for? Video rendering? Computer graphics?

So you mean to tell me... that an uncut GP100 chip is faster than a cut down version? Well hot damn. Is there any mention of how long it runs before throttling down 2 tiers of performance?

Mostly rendering.

Yes to both

So the Titan X was not the big uncunt GP102?

>How about Quadro in SLI?
Although you *can* SLI these cards, CUDA programs may use an arbitrary number of GPUs and they do not need an SLI connection. You'll often see workstations with like four cards and no bridge.

Pretty much, but really for anything that has CUDA acceleration, however the main feature of these cards is ECC memory, so unless you're simulating molecules or other complex dynamics, you can get titans instead.

Yep, it's still slightly cut compared to the P6000. Still, I'm surprised that a workstation card with ECC is faster than any gaming card for the first time ever.

>so unless you're simulating molecules or other complex dynamics, you can get titans instead.
Only kepler titans have double precision, nvidia nerfed the later versions.
AMD also has lowered double precision so really your only choice for that kind of workload now is get the older cards or shell out for the workstation cards.

>~4000 vs ~3500 shaders
>same clock speed
duh...

>Currytech
Literally jump off a bridge

you could buy 8-10

>p6000-gaming-benchmarks

If you were retarded enough wanted to by Titan x, might just go buy P6000