So, Sup Forums, why don't you own the best laptop on the market?

So, Sup Forums, why don't you own the best laptop on the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10940/lenovo-updates-the-thinkpad-lineup-new-models-welcome-changes
laptopmag.com/articles/lenovo-thinkpads-2017-specs-prices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that trackpad

because it's just a laptop

and I'm just a poor boy

Is that the actual size of the trackpad, or was that shopped?

You do realize that only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use macs, RIGHT??!

Did you accidentally post the new Macbook Pro? When you meant to post the XPS 13 9630 FHD?

>crap keyboard
>no trackpoint
it's shit

what's the name of that NYC dude that repairs macgarbage ?

t. homosexual

I have no interest in laptops. Am I the only one who thinks that the white "MacBook Pro" text spoils the look of that thing?

t. homo

first of all only retards use the trackpoint
and secondly,

The 2013-2015 model don't have this problem

>just parroting Louis Rossman opinions without forming your own

Louis Rossman, aka Based Repair Guy

It's funny that the base 2016 macbook pro is a few hundred dollars more than the base 2015 macbook pro but doesn't even include the new touch id.

>Louis Rossman, aka Based Repair Guy
thanks.

i agree its the best laptop, but im too poor for that shit.

Do you have windows installed on there?
Could you run a cpu and gpu stress test and see if it throttles after like a 30-45 minutes?
I got to play with one with the pro 455 last night and it magically didin't throttle, but that was only with a cpu stress test and then running unigine valley instead of a proper gpu stress test.

t. extremely mentally ill person (ie homosexual)

Remember when Retina Macbook Pros held a pricy af position that was above the regular Macbook Pros? Yeah, we're going through that phase again. Which is also why the new MBPs are ridiculously overpriced and will likely have a ton of issues. It's a first gen product, Apple always fucks up the first gen product.

It's quite real. It's basically a drawing tablet.

Because it's not the best laptop in the market.

Because I have something vastly superior, with bezels that doesn't look like they've been lifted from last decade.

Except, you know, the actual drawing tablet/computer known as the Surface 4.

Trackpad size is a meme. "Fuck you user" internals is not.

>no magsafe
>keyboard

>best

This generation's megapickles.

yeah holy shit i remember when i first saw the picture that shit is goofy looking its so big

>No ethernet

Might as well just buy a mac

You know the speakers are fake too right?

/thread

>>just parroting Apple PR marketing without forming your own opinions

Thinkpad x220 is already mine.

i do

Because Linux Mint runs just fine on my Toshiba laptop that I got for 300 bucks in 2010.

>16:9 cucks

Lol, enjoy your attempted MacBook copy.

No, the Macbook is an XPS copy.
The XPS is the least Macbook looking laptop in the market, and now Apple released a laptop with smaller bezels and a dark design.

>the MacBook is an XPS copy

o, I am laffin

Where's your counterargument, maccuck?

That you're an ass devastated poorfag.

> best
> missing numbers pad

OP you're shit

>Windows Phone
>2 days until 2017
I thought microsoft already killed the entire division.

>he uses a numpad

sagre is the crownholder for that class of insults, poorfag

i will next week
shitty macbook clone n143829

>he does work that uses more touch-pad gestures than number inputs

>t. mactoddler poorfag

but muh mousekeys

>no keyboard travel
>trackpad too large that you can't type without fucking
>lol Radeonshit Mobile GPU
>lol 4 hour battery life
>using Safarshit
>muh thin for no reason except to make the laptop unrepairable at all
>soldered everything lol
>but but muh touchbar right?
Posting from superior Apple laptop.

>he bought a $4599 laptop just to troll Sup Forums
Nothing more pathetic.

Why can't the new XPS15 just have a fucking GTX 1060 in it so I can get that instead of the Razer Blade that is currently sitting on my desk coil whining its ass off and constantly jet-engining its fucking left fan for no reason with no way to adjust the fan curve.

Where's your esc key?

You misspelled heroic.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Because I'm still saving up for it.

It actually should out pretty well. Apple's trackpad software, including wrist detection, is top notch. Plus the trackpads use ForceTouch now, which I've never used but do know that the trackpad is entirely stationary now, so you won't be clicking the trackpad as you hit it with your wrists while typing either. I'm sure it'll get some issues but shouldn't be too bad. Still a terrible laptop overall.

On the note of giant trackpads I dream of having a desk with the whole surface being a glass trackpad. I'd want it as secondary input in conjunction with something like a trackball and mainly use it for gestures and here and there cursor control while the trackball did most of that. In the mean time the Magic Trackpad's pretty neat.

Forgot photo

Cause I just bought this

because it would overheat like crazy my video-games-retardo-friendo

Did Intel uncuck the gen 6/7 chips with proper power management yet?

piece of shit for $90

topkek

yes it did

I know this laptop has a lot of controversy, but we must admit that:
> It has the best build quality of any laptop out there
> Even though it's far from being the fastest laptop, there's no alternative that matches it's performance/footprint, it's insanely thin
> Best laptop display out there, no 4K meme to draw your battery, all you need is retina. Also 16:10 > 16:9.
> Only laptop that can drive two 5K displays
> Fastest SSD out available
> Best laptop speakers, ever.

Now the cons:
> No magsafe
> Radeon 460 was a disappointment, and the Nvidia 10 series was just incredible, a 1050/1060 would probably perform 2x better at the same tpw
> Keyboard could be better
> Not even the SSD is upgradeable
> No more Iris Pro (Dedicated + Iris Pro was amazing, literally the only laptop that has it is the previous 15 inch retina)

Overall, it's decent, but not perfect. Talking shit about the ports is just retarded, 4 thunderbolt ports is fucking amazing.

Apple has been fucking up hard lately. I wonder what's going to be wrong with the new desktop Macs that are supposed to come out in 2017.

>1050/1060 would probably perform 2x better at the same tpw

From the information available on the AMD 460 Pro, it has half the TDP of the 1060M, so yeah 2x performance for the 1060 would make sense, but it also means you'd need twice the cooling for it and for a laptop of this size that just wouldn't work, especially with Apple's battery life targets.

>Keyboard could be better

The keyboard is growing on me, it's definitely an improvement over the Macbook gen 1 keyboard, and the clacky feedback actually feels pretty nice. Only thing bothering me after a week of having mine is the arrow key layout, it's a little harder to find the up and down arrows by feel alone.
The Touch Bar is pretty great, the third party apps available so far are sweet, like task switchers, etc, and they'll only expand the functionality over time.

>No more Iris Pro (Dedicated + Iris Pro was amazing, literally the only laptop that has it is the previous 15 inch retina)

Iris Pro made more sense for a system without a dedicated GPU, which the previous generation Macbook Pro 15" base model didn't have. The current Iris 530 is more than enough for most tasks, anything more than that the system switches to the dedicated chip. Most importantly, the Iris 530 still supports the 5K output.

People still use trackpoint in the year of our Lord 2016?
That's some powerful autism right there.

>>Using ethernet when 1.3Gbps wifi exists.

Wifi causes too much jitter for GAYMAN

I do

Thinkpad X220

Because the X270 isn't out yet.

>Thunderbolt 3 and usb-c
About fucking time.

The X270 doesn't have USB-C.

It does.
anandtech.com/show/10940/lenovo-updates-the-thinkpad-lineup-new-models-welcome-changes

That's not an X62 though

excuse me i use a PC and an android like everyone else

I meant TB3.

It does, they specifically say it uses usb-c for display and data as well, and its compatible with the docks that daisy-chain TB3.

hi louis

I'm bored, so I'll bite.

>why don't you own the best laptop on the market?
1. "best" is a subjective term when it comes to such a personal device as a PERSONAL computer, and given your pic, I assume you are trying to imply that the macbook is the best one. Well, I happen to disagree. More details after 2.
2. Of course there are some objective things too, and of those battery life and keys are objectively worse than even those of it's own predecessor, so why would I bother with that one?
3. That fuckin trackpad!!! It's just way too large, both from an usability standpoint, as well as from an aesthetic one.
4. Keyboard. Besides feeling like shit, it's also louder than a model M. No way of using that anywhere where other people are, without annoying them.
5. Price/performance.
>inb4 you are poor
It's just not worth the price apple is asking for it.
6. Image.
7. I already got an expensive, ultraslim, modern laptop, no need to replace it within the next 2 years or so.

What the fuck are you talking about sperg, I used this laptop TODAY and my wrists made the mouse go everywhere. It was super annoying. I absolutely cannot fathom someone spending $3000 on this garbage

I can't find any articles that specifically say it has TB3, and LM says it does not have TB3.

laptopmag.com/articles/lenovo-thinkpads-2017-specs-prices

>fagintosh

It could just be displayport over usb-c, which would suck. But the dock does support thunderbolt 3 so I would like to hope that the x270 is compatible with the higher end dock...

Hopefully they are wrong but it doesn't sound like it fuck..

DongleBook Pro 2016

Best purchase ever

50 fucking filthy dollars for a piece of metal that lets me do 30 fucking things on my hackintosh. No excuse.

>this happened
I highly doubt it. More likely you are sour grapes poorfag who lives at home and can only afford a pathetic old ThinkPad on which you have installed arch Linux. I bet you also watch anime and are overweight or malnourished.

I never understood this picture.

The apple section on a store nearby looks like that, same desks and everything. They could just happen to be near that.

I'm a poorfag
That's the only honest answer.

I was speculating, you illiterate twat.

I got myself the 13" MBP 2016 w/o Touchbar.
First I thought the trackpad is way to huge, but 1 week later, I'm starting to like the bigger trackpad

Why is the touchpad so big? Are you supposed to draw on it or something`.

I guess so you can do 5 finger swipes comfortably

every youtube review about the new MBP complains about problems with palm rejection. There was no need to make it this big, the previous size was fine.

Is there any incentive to use Safari as your main browser aside from it being made by Apple?

>AMD
kek

because i dont buy laptops from rich snooty faggots

Not really.

It might be marginally faster than chrome and you can kind of customize the UI a little bit more, so it looks better and integrates a little bit better with everything.

However it's rough around the edges, not really that secure, doesn't support that many addons or extensions, doesn't have webm support unless you're willing to install VLC web player which doesn't work with embedded shit, I'd only recommend it if you don't watch streams of any kind and you don't want to install chrome which works perfectly ok.

I guess I'll just continue using the firecuck and wear my tinfoil head

gaymers are laymers