When will installing an os be outdated? in the future, you will be able to stream a os right?

when will installing an os be outdated? in the future, you will be able to stream a os right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment
dcurt.is/steve-jobs-and-the-cloud
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Put me in your screenshot

the OS will be in the cloud

>all that plastic
disgusting

>in the future
I already do for work

>in the future, you will be able to stream a os right?

We already do that. Anyone setting up or working with servers on the cloud does this every day.

All processing will be done in the cloud. We're reverting back to a terminal-mainframe type system with end devices being terminals to the VM's on servers.

You can stream one now fagget.

>all that plastic
Welcome to Worst Korea

>in the future, you will be able to stream a os right
I used to work on SQL Server from my Ubuntu desktop. Works ok. Remote Desktop Protocol is reasonably good. That's basically streaming an OS.

IIRC, my over-featured mobo can actually do RDP without booting to an OS, that's probably even more like what OP is talking about.

Firmware OSs that more or less only do RDP/VNC and you log into a cloud server to actually do shit.

What motherboard? That sounds so unnecesary

Sounds dumb

you can netboot since forever

Are you some kind of faggot? Streaming an os means you still need an os. Why would you anyway? An os permanently inside your cpu cache would be better.

no thanks my local install of macos is just fine no streaming required in india bad internet see

PXE

y u hafta be mad doe virgin?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment

Sounds exploitable desu

VMware virtual desktop infrastructure, we use this very heavily at work to provide thousands of employees secure access to sensitive areas of the network, like where the production databases are that hold customer data. Anyway this is essentially a streamed desktop as you put it, and you can use it from just about any OS and mobile device.

in the future OS's will be embedded into your genetic code and you will have to cum inside of your robo-waifu to turn on computer

When internet becomes reliable in a fucking desert

Steve jobs predicted this in 1997: dcurt.is/steve-jobs-and-the-cloud

people just call him a business man but the dude was nothing short of genius.

I'm not even going to check the link, but remote drm has been forced since consumer internet became a thing

Never. The internet in the US is too shitty for that.

You crack me up, little buddy

this

look up DHCP+PXE+TFTP

Modern ROM chips have around 256 megabytes of storage. You could already put a full os with drivers that downloads and installs another OS to disk when hooked up to internet.

>remote drm
DAMN YOU'RE DUMB

There's no plastic.

Where I work is already doing it. Less overhead because there is no local operating system there for the end-user to fuck up on a daily basis. They log off for the day, come back the next and outside of some important things (office docs, emails, desktop icons, browser history, etc.) the entire system is reset and properly updated.

I would say the only bad thing about is it's cutting a lot of entry-level type IT jobs. They are slowly laying off tier 1 support people here. We still need tier 1 support people, for you know "my keyboard doesn't work" or printers and what not. However, not in quantity that we had before.