What's the best Xperia to get today?

What's the best Xperia to get today?

I hear the newest ones aren't great. I don't fall for the Samsung meme, so don't even try.

Xperia Galaxy S7

Xperia mi5c

Xperia 1+3T

Sony is an even bigger meme than Samsung at the moment, all phones are literally boring and generic.

>t. I want useless gimmicks

You can talk about Samsung meme but the S7 Edge is the best smart phone ive ever owned and I go through 2 / 3 different phones every two years.

>touchwizz

>ive ever owned
it's not my fault you usually only buy shit

What do you recommend thats better?
>Inb4 some chinkshit brand

travel back 2 years in time and get a Z2,

A respectable sony phone.

there's literally nothing that the Z3 can't do. Plus, the build quality is top notch.

I agree the Z3 is a great phone but I still prefer my S7 Edge. Touchwiz still isn't where I'd like it to be (but seems to be heading in the right direction) but I use Nova launcher anyways and I prefer Samsung Pay > Android Pay.

my z3 is comfy af honestly, still on 4.4.4
waterproof and i like the monolithic design of it. it's a good phone for a power user imo.

xperia xz

Z3c is still good

z5 (compact)

spotted the mactoddler.

miss my Z2 so much. I still have it but its on a constant bootloop status i already reflashed it and replaced the battery but the bootloop remains.

I have a Z2, really good phone love it

>all phones are literally boring
Is this the result of burgerland marketing memes?
injecting the word boring into discussion over smartphones just seems like a marketing ploy to make people change phones faster.
Sad, patheitc burgers...

Z5 was good enough, but you are better waiting to see what happens. X, XA, X Performance were shitty.

>no fingerprint scanning

>fingerprint botnet
into the trash

I don't know what they're like now, but the Z3v was the best Android phone I ever owned.

z5 a best
only complaint is that the glass back is kinda smooth so you need to be careful not to drop it, but I got a cover to add more grip.

My Tmobile Z3 D6616 has a locked bootloader and will 4ever be stuck with 5.0.2. Still a great phone regardless.

just get the z5 premium, which is a lot better

>sony
i bet you have a playstation too you massive faggot
but I agree samsung is shitty looking
lg is trash
google/apple are overpriced garbage
chink phones win the battle
get an axon 7 if u like music or a huawei otherwise

>What's the best Xperia to get today?

If you don;t know the serious security advantages and usability of such a feature than I suggest you study more. It will absolutely be standard on all phones and arguably all electronic devices in a couple of years

I had a bootloop problem with my Z3 not too long ago. Solved it by having to unlock (giving me access to fastboot as recovery was broken), flash, re-lock and flash back to stock before flashing prerooted again.

Despite all that, it's a surprisingly resilient phone, I'm just annoyed that it probably wont get Nougat. As well as unlocking fucks with the DRM features that basically makes the camera useless.

I still have this one somewhere. Came with Galaxy on Fire 2, which is probably one of the best space RPGs on the store. The internal storage size was shit though.

Are there any Chinese clones of it with modern hardware?

>American version
pic related, user. Its where you live.

>I want a garish, screaming samshit slab, even better if it fucking explodes, it will be exciting.

How's the XZ? My Z2 has been great but I'm a clumsy fucker and dropped it and somehow fucked the camera. The XZ looks nice but I've heard bad things about battery life.

Apple iPhone doesn't have this problem

own a s7e now but still miss my z3c... I loved the shape of that phone... I do t like rounded corners

You've been cucked son.
S7 is the goat. I left Sony, they are rubbish

>Apple iPhone doesn't have bad battery life.

>he doesn't know how to flash
You don't even have to unlock

I just replaced my Z2 with Z5 Premium and I think it's an upgrade. Not a large upgrade since Z2 is fucking awesome, but a few minor upgrades here and there, like a 64 bit CPU and a 4K display and a larger capacity.

The only thing I don't really like is the edge of the device. Z2 has one solid metal piece going all the way around where Z5 Premium has seperate corner pieces for some reason. It doesn't look as good, even if it won't affect the performance at all.

Wait for the new 2017 Xperia phones, Sony's last chance to redeem itself so I hope they're at least near perfect.

Z5c, it's not waterproof tho.

Yes it is, IP68

I was about to get X performance but the xda forum for it is deader than for obscure chink garbage. Dodged the bullet here.
X performance has objectively best fingerprint scanner placement. All those front scanners make phones look like Samsung's abortions.

>saying a product is boring will make people want to buy a new one

Are yuropoors literally this retarded?

>patheitc

holy shit

My original xperia z ia so nice. If you can gwt it cheap go for it. Oddly it feels small to me now, which ia why im upgrading

The Xperia XZ

I grabbed my z2 screen too hard and now there's like underneath crack in the glass and the pixels are rainbow colored in one spot. Wat do. This was an 800 dollar phone.

I heard fixing the screens on these is hell.

New phone? ;(

>New phone? ;(
Ask reddit.

Z Ultra.
It's basically a tablet that also happens to be able to make phone calls.

Was 800. Secondhand now is ~120. Just get a new one. Or replace the screen - it's not THAT hard, I did it once. Just be careful on disassembly. You'll need a hair drier to melt the glue, and special glue sheets to close the phone again.

Changing the screen is not hard. Just be careful with the adhesive.

A used z5c for under 250€/$ with a tempered glass protector

Otherwise, the xperia redmi 4, or xperia op3t

Why the edge

The edge is literally a gimmick that's objectively worse than not having it

What is the information diode on Z5C like?

You mean the led? It's nice and bright

Though I recommend the newer x conpact, it's not a housefire and has a better camera and more ram.

Part of me wants to say OnePlus3T, but I don't know. Phones are getting more powerful, but not in a useful way. I miss have SD card slots. I want keyboards (never actually had a smartphone with one), and I want an OS besides Android. Android is nice, but I'd rather run something closer to a proper GNU/Linux on my phone. Bonus points if it's completely free as in freedom.

Phones are so boring these days. I think this really sunk in for me when I broke my OnePlus One and had to use a friend's OnePlus 2. It's not even exciting. It's even worse in some ways. Not sure why it took me this long to realize it.

Z3C is perfect.

the glass literally fell out of mine

>Sony
I still find it hard to believe that these threads are serious.

>愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE
愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE 愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE FAGET

My Z3c bootlooped when I tried to root it, I think I needed to tick wipe user data on flashtool.

they are not very good

- have to worry about DRM keys for your fucking camera app, in case you want to flash custom ROMs
- small crack in the digitizer? You'll need a new screen
- back glass breaks easily, good luck sealing that back up
- digitizer breaks easily, good luck sealing that back up

Currently have a XZ, expensive but happy with it.
Great phone. Best design on the market, especially the forest blue.
I've had original Z and Z2 and they never had any problems.
On Nougat and it's been fine. I'm not a power user so lasts me 2 days. Quick charge makes that a non issue anyway.

Trips are love...

checked.
but you're still a fag.

Bigger battery and larger screen size.

no u

>tfw still on Z2
GOAT phone

no trippie,
you are

Maybe we're both fags?

maybe.

>checked.

if you think the newest x series are not that good you may try the previous Z models which is a pretty obvious advice i guess. but the one to go to seems to be the Z2 as people see it as the best of the Z series.

I'm a girl btw.
Thanks for checking me out

V20

Z series.