This is the zenith of linux development. No other desktop environment even comes close

This is the zenith of linux development. No other desktop environment even comes close.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtXQJ0c5q0k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-WCpNvRFM
youtube.com/watch?v=_FjuPn7MXMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not using xfce riced to hell and back to look vaporwavey with anime wallpapers

>xfeces
>2017

can it run directx yet?

>flat design

nope try again

Deepin your mom lmao xd

>uptime 3 hours
>almost 10x the RAM usage of XP

Looks really nice, and I'm usually the one to not like flat design outside of material design (which is incredible)

what is that program called?
(not the screenshot util, but the sys info thingy)

Is this the zenith of desktop threads?

>unstable

>mint
so how do you like being hacked?

there is literally nothing wrong with xfce

Not really crazy about it.
How about you?

>2 years for a single release
>ugly as shit
>developers refuse to port it to superior wayland
>visual cancer

Every inch of this desktop UI is has been polished to complete perfection. It even gives OSX a run for it's money.

years for a single release
It works, 2 years is not a lot, as long as it works and it's feature complete what's the problem?
>>ugly as shit
It's minimal, simple and utilitarian. That's superior design and with a theme of your liking it can look as classic or as modern as you want.
>>developers refuse to port it to superior wayland
Porting it to unstable, not-feature-complete, gnome-dependent, linux-only wayland that just now became default in Fedora and it's not proven technology?
Please tell me you are not serious!

Xfce is the superior DE unless you are a scrum scum

I don't use it, It use to be good a long time ago but now it's just ubuntu with more useless bloat. The way they chose to handle updates is completely retarded.

I choose the way I handle updates.

>Wayland
>gnome-dependent
Wayland isn't GNOME dependent, retard. The only reason it runs on Linux only so far is because BSD doesn't have OpenGL ES drivers for shit, Wayland is very much capable of running on other UNIX machines
>not feature complete
it runs X apps flawlessly under XWayland and runs most modern linux apps out there
>Unproven
It's been in development since I believe 2011, Intel, Nvidia and AMD are making drivers and pushing for it, calling it the future, not to mention tons of frameworks are ported to it, it has no screen tearing and gives you better gaming performance, it's EXTREMELY minimal and EXTREMELY fast, people that diss Wayland also probably support SystemD garbage

To be fair, he does have chrome open.

>people that diss Wayland also probably support SystemD

Are you retarded? People who like Wayland also like SystemD, both are the future of Linux and will unironically bring about the year of the Linux desktop. Once everything useful is ported to Wayland and it becomes the default on Ubuntu, Linux will finally be viable for the average tech illiterate normie.

show example pls

>it copies the window buttons from Windows 10
>copies the dock icon style from the late OS X

Yeah, so original. So linux is just a bunch of "borrowed" elements from other OSes.

SystemD and Wayland are the complete opposite
SystemD has unreadable unaudited lines of C code with a lot of vulns while eating fucking EVERYTHING up
Wayland is one of the smallest programs I have ever seen, with no known vulns
OpenRC is superior to SystemD

>will unironically bring about the year of the Linux desktop
How does one bring about the year of the Linux desktop ironically?

>linux is just a bunch of "borrowed" elements from other OSes
Xfce doesn't have this problem

by making a company, screaming at OEMS to preload your OS on a lot of laptops, sell your own desktops, use non buggy unusable standards that breaks shit and requires you to use the shell to fix it
>i.e SystemD breaking wifi after reboot
use Wayland and make software installers that are visually pleasing to the eye, also be good at advertising

The difference is SystemD works and has more features

Wayland is unproven, took to long to complete, has less features than X and moves the burden of implementation to the window/compositing manager

Xorg despite the accumulated shitiness over the years finally works

Wayland offers too little too late and is an overengineered that I'm sure in few short years it will be more bloated and complicated than X

It looks a lot like a hipster version of Unity.
It probably has less keyboard shortcuts too.

Why compare it to OpenRC?
The thing about SystemD that annoys the shit out of me is that they compare it to SysV init.
Which is a retarded comparison, because it didn't replace SysV inits, it replaced Upstart.

Which was superior in the sense that if someone made something better it could be replaced.

You can't replace SystemD now. Which is retarded on so many levels, even before you get into the technical merits of the solution.

>4.4
>unstable

>more bloated and complicated than X
Their whole goal is to have a superior UNIX philosophy compliant display server, the code is so tiny that it would never reach the fucking truckload of bloat that X has, I think it's impossible, also X offers too much, more than half of X11's features I don't need and don't want, Wayland satisfies my needs and runs X apps perfectly, It's a very viable replacement for today. The implementation of Window/compositing management is a good and bad thing, because with that you can have 3D desktops and more, if you are making an embedded system you can make just about anything display instead of just a mouse pointer and a desktop display like X has, it's bad because it's obnoxious to rewrite that shit if you do plan on making a DE or porting your DE to it

windows XP beats any GUI, ever.

The end.

If Wayland proves to be superior to X (I hope it does) and it as well designed as you say it is (I hope it is) then there will be no problem to port Xfwm to Wayland and implement the missing functionality on Xfce and Xfwm

Until then I have no interest in beta testing Gnome on Wayland on Fedora.

But I don't believe the Wayland hype, the little I read about the design of Wayland on Fedora's wiki (I think) it looked complicated to me, with the focus being on security and making communication and sharing between applications harder and more complicate for the sake of security. I don't think this is a good design for a system that offers the user more freedom. But I may be wrong (I hope I am).

X and Xfce just works, Xfce doesn't follow the latest trends and it's not shy to admit it's a traditional desktop environment so I will stay there.

I made an oops box

Including it's own?

at least xp handled errors pretty good. I can't remember xp ever crashing on me.

KDE works fine with Wayland too, I'm using it right now
X does just werk and that's fine but it has other issues which caused Xorg devs to create Wayland
youtube.com/watch?v=GtXQJ0c5q0k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-WCpNvRFM
youtube.com/watch?v=_FjuPn7MXMs
also ignore Mir, it performs worse, is an old fork of Wayland, has no drivers, and devs are refusing to port anything to it

what file manager does it use?

well, no.

it isnt a perfect OS but the good thing is that literally anything you can see can be modified

for example I could add buttons to a pre existing dialog box or whatever. And you dont technically need to know any programming languages though that can also work.

I have seen many talks of X devs on why Wayland is better designed than X and why X must die. And I agree with them.

But that was years ago. Wayland took years to reach a usable state and even now is not complete. And I have my doubts if X devs can create something that will not be as complicated as X.

>Mir
Yeah, that was a joke.
Hopefully now that Ubuntu phone is dead Canonical may help in completing and adopting Wayland and make it just work and simpler than X

>Made by chinks

isnt 3d enough, looks to flat and some parts need more color like that black/grey sidebar

button icons need labels too. that is a MUST

The labels appear when you mouse over the icons.

It uses the deepin file manager. From what i can tell it's not based on anything, Looks like it was made specifically for deepin.

*nadir

ok thats good then.

new here, but love google's material design philosophy. Never seen an OS or GUI that does it except android, please advise?

is this distro a Chinese botnet like MIUI?

You're thinking of KDE. It has the easiest UI, the best applications, and it just looks good out of the box. KDE on a Debian based distro is the most comfy GNU/Linux experience you'll ever have.

KDE needs to support Wayland.

so fill me in
I googled xwayland and the phoronix article showed quiet some overhead over just running under X, yet people on Sup Forums keep claiming it is superior and faster?

also I've been xforwarding since the 90s; how will that be handled? from what I remember hearing that was not gonna be supported on wayland?

Papyros

You should update your kernel

what is that shitty task bar on the side with those crappy flay icons? why do you even make such shitty thread?

So? Why do you hate communism?
At least it doesnt have nsa spyware.

screenfetch is what you're looking for

>rather have Chinese spyware than NSA spyware
>probably uses SystemD

i agree, this and rasbian pixel are best

>using a chink botnet just because it's semi good looking

The future is here

>Celeron

Actually i would. Why should i care about a foreign country that has no jurisdiction over me might spy on me?

>future
>1280x800
kekerino

everything u use made by chinks moron also ur country is the one who fuckin spy other countrys fuckin americuck.

posting my desktop environment which is btw superior to yours

ok you are talking out of your ass.

wait what
I already use xfce
how do I into vaporware

okay someone enlighten me, what the FUCK is the program on the left?

I see it everywhere and I have no idea what it does

looks like a visualizer for music.

this, specifically it's ncmpcpp

>deepin as a distro = Chinese botnet
If you dig the style though you can get it as a DE and use it on any distro

it does support Wayland fully lmao

>Not using IDE
Fags

Just out of curiosity, what phone do you use?