What is a good search engine?

I have heard some bad things about duckduckgo. What is a good private alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

searx.me/?q=Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

searx

google

>hurred bad things
>listening to the babbling idiots on Sup Forums

Duckduckgo used to be super shitty but it's a pretty decent Google replacement now

dont listen to this guy he uses Sup Forums

Oh hi Kettle.

Google.

This. Once upon a time I fiddled with DDG but I always went back to Google.

Now Google's bubbling mechanism has grown to ridiculous proportions and DDG has matured a lot so I let go of Google altogether and am using DDG only. It feels good.

>using cuckcuckgo

shiggy

YaCy is the only search engine that respects your freedom.

Google

so do searx and startpage

>startpage
lel no

>you have to trust us when we tell you that we respect your freedumb goy

lol cuck

google

fpbp

>Why give your data to only one botnet when you can use us to give it to 20?

Startpage (Google) and ddg (yahoo) still active. Nigger what are you doing?

it's a proxy you dumb motherfucker

bing is literally our guy

Then why disable anything you super dumb motherfucker?

im using for like two weaks bings, it does its job.

Cause you get a shitty mix up of their results you dense mongoloid, you can configure it to use certain engines for different purposes.
Go back to Sup Forums, retard.

>I dont know how searx works

the pic was taken with default settings tard

I know you are but what am I?

When you get beaten online: the post.

nigga what
searx.me/?q=Sup Forums%20/g/&categories=images

Is Qwant "private"?

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it's working well as a google replacement.

Qwant is french with some germans involved iirc
They talked about it à few time regarding user privacy. After the terrorists attack french gov made some laws for spying his people. The guys behind qwant have stated they put their server outside the country in case such thing would happen and use it as a proxy for the users.
The UI is better than it was I've been trying it for a few days now and it feels nice.

I use DDG when browsing more and more because google is increasingly only showing me results it thinks I'll agree with, especially in regards to politics. I actually like google refining its search preferences over time for me, botnet aside, but it's kind of rediculous to look up news and only get the perspective from people that agree with me politically.

Who are the peoples whose opinions I give the least shit about.

I found it after posting. I'm too use to search engines that have an "images" button at the top of a search.

What makes searx private? From what I've read, it's not actually a proxy, the sites still get your IP. Have I just read some bullshit?

(Please cite a source)

>it's not actually a proxy, the sites still get your IP.
wrong

I don't see how your image refutes my point.

What's your point anyways? can't you see on the umatrix layout that i'm not connecting to any other site during the search? it even says on the search results that they're proxied.

whats wrong with it?

the image shows that he is only connected to searx servers. he is using the other search engines by proxy.

just use tor and google

>can't you see on the umatrix layout
I didn't realise what that was. Cheers.

lol