DHS/FBI - Russia Hacking Report Released - GRIZZLY STEPPE

>The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

us-cert.gov/security-publications/GRIZZLY-STEPPE-Russian-Malicious-Cyber-Activity
us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296.pdf

>APT29 delivered malware to the political party’s systems, established persistence, escalated privileges, enumerated active directory accounts, and exfiltrated email from several accounts through encrypted connections back through operational infrastructure

Time to secure your networks

Other urls found in this thread:

myaccount.google.com/security
nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-google-crack-down-fake-news-advertising-n684101
factcheck.org/2016/10/did-the-pope-endorse-trump/
theintercept.com/2016/12/29/the-guardians-summary-of-julian-assanges-interview-went-viral-and-was-completely-false/?comments=1#comments
breitbart.com/
infowars.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rule PAS_TOOL_PHP_WEB_KIT
{
meta:
description = "PAS TOOL PHP WEB KIT FOUND"
strings:
$php = "

Can't stop the Putin.

no one is talking about this shit?

come on, Sup Forums

>every php backdoor/webshell ever
wow, we paid russian hackers now (paid by the russian govt, no less)

Because this thread is going to just be filled with fucking Sup Forums faggots bitching and moaning about how its fake and blah blah blah

no, just you

how about you start by being an example, and talk about the report itself?
did you read it? it's short..

where exactly is the evidence/proof that it was russian government? I looked through the documents/pdf and there is no any identifying information whatsoever

So we've all been dazzled by the bullshit, and forgot all about Guccifer? You know, the Romanian who dumped this shit way back in the spring?

>Time to secure your networks

Literally every recommendation mentioned has been done to death in the last year or two of ransomware scares.

Their biggest problem is shadow IT (though Podesta's IT guy was an idiot for not catching the bitly url).

the report is just a list of buzzwords probably taken from other infosec reports

They probably will just keep it a secret but here's some possible methods. Hacking groups generally reuse attack methods and their own custom payloads. They also hide their tracks in unique ways. This lets agencies match them with other hacking attempts where the hackers were identified. Additionally, command servers can be uniquely identified so several hacks from the same command server are likely from the same group.

Good. We should thank them for saving us from Hillary and preventing WW3.

>We have evidence, we just can't show it to you
Hmm... I don't know man...

Do you trust the FBI and CIA?

Kill yourself commie.

Only redditfags defend (((Trump))).

More like

>We were pressured to publish something by the end of the year to implicate Russia, so here you go

It wasnt Pedosta's IT guy who was at fault! It was an honest mistake. He meant to say that the phishing link was "illegitimate", but made a typo and said it was "legitimate." OOPS.

In any case, the attackers would have been locked out if Pedosta had changed his password more than once every two years or if he had enabled 2FA, like every normal person does.

>it's legitimate he 100% needs to update his password.

I meant illegitimate, that is the only word I would change. Someone please hire me.

You don't really buy that, do you?

>John needs to change his password immediately,
>He can go to this link: myaccount.google.com/security to do both.
>It is absolutely imperative that this is done ASAP.

I feel for the guy, but it was a stupid mistake. Hell, even the initial critics of it got some details wrong by thinking that the From address was invalid (it was valid, spoofed but an actual google domain).

Russians.

So this shows a potential method by which it was done - but if I tried to figure out who hacked the US based entirely in the data in this report - I don't think I could. The only reason I have to believe it's Russia isn't any of the evidence the US has showed us, but simply because the US said it was Russia.

Kinda disappointing, I expected hard proof.

Increased incentive to exonerate Snowden.

And to execute the real traitors.

I hate how everyone keeps on saying russia "hacked" the election, taking away focus and credence from what really happened.

Russia /social engineered/ the election to be swayed in carrot top's favor, they didn't overtly falsify votes or anything. They started an unprecedented campaign of disinformation, astroturfing, and false-flagging which ultimately swayed the gullible masses of the US

I don't trust anybody given how politicized everything is right now. Trump could actually be a russian plant, or globalists could actually want to go to war with russia. I'm just gonna judge things by how good they are for Americans, not elites, politicians, israel, saudi arabia, russia ect.

If they showed how they know then the Russians would be able to change what they do and it would make it harder or impossible to pin them next time.

no, all the info in the emails was factual

>unprecedented campaign of disinformation, astroturfing, and false-flagging

i think he's actually describing (((leftist media)))

What ever do you mean?

Yeah I guess, ultimately the evidence is still circumstantial and no new evidence was released today.

It comes down to crowdstrike claiming various resources used during the hack were associated with cozy bear/fancy bear and is rather circumstantial.

I think the most interesting thing is that Craig Murray who is a wikileaks associate claimed the source was a DNC insider completely contradicting US claim that source was phisher. Wonder if one person is telling the truth and one is lying. There's the outside chance both are telling the truth and the DNC is just abysmal at security.

It's very likely that there were multiple breaches at the DNC.

meanwhile, clinton made lots of money by giving paid speeches to rich people (in which she showed herself as a good servant) and doing back-room deals with repressive governments, while selling arms to those same govts (even more than bush)
also, reminder that obama himself started many wars in africa, and that this witch hunt against the russians is comparable to mccarthyism

yeah, you guys in the US surely aren't schizophrenic people

wikileaks is implying that the report is false, check the header in the pdf

So you preemptively are saying that anyone that questions the story is Sup Forums.

Seems like a great way to live your life. Plug your ears and just keep on cruisin.

I'm not talking about the emails. I'm talking about the preponderance of fake news and wilfully consuming stupid bullshit from facebook and (((breitbart))), the vast platoons of puppet social media accounts, and the very strange affinity trump """supporters""" have for russia, among other things

shoo shoo alt-reich
pic related, an actual quote your russian cheeto actually, legitimately shat out.

don't point the gun at me, I voted for Bernie, hate obama, and want Clinton's head on a pike.

You lost. Cry more.

Shocker

daily reminder that Trump is an illegitimate president who only "won" on a technicality. Same with Bush, but now you've really screwed the pooch
shoo shoo alt reich
кыш кыш aльтepнaтивный peжим

He's right though. Life is more complicated. People are always 'on the clock' due to email etc. People have lost the art of sitting down and talking. We browse someones facebook posts to find out how they are, instead of chatting with them in person. Anxiety and depression, especially socially related, are rampant.

He's retarded when it comes to information technology, yes. But he's not wrong about it's effects on society.

Hillary is the one who employed a office full of losers to shill for her on social media, not Trump.

you're failing to see how he's trying to sweep it all under the rug, how because it's "complicated" and "nobody knows exactly what's going on", we shouldn't bother trying to figure out what's going on in the first place.
You're right. Trump didn't buy them, Russia did it for him.

Re your image: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

US liberal media are not helping themselves. I'd probably have to do some digging around, but I remember an article from huffpo or somewhere where they said that CIA suspect that Russia were involved in the e-mail breaches, and then for not reason at all mention the voting machines in the last paragraph.

wtf was that about? It was obviously an implication to get readers to conflate both things and come to the conclusion that "Russia hacked the voting machines" without outright saying it.

name the "fake news" stories that you think affected the election

Daily reminder that the Presidential election is the combination of 51 independent popular votes, not a single popular vote. It's been this way for centuries. Both campaigns used their resources in accordance with a strategy that kept this in mind. Crying that you should have won because you won a meaningless statistic by running up the vote in California makes you pathetic.

I promise ur russian is really good. (no)

I'm simply addressing the quote you posted.

wait for the congressional committee investigation

until then we only have the white house's word

>we tortured some folks
>later shows proof from congress' investigation

>Voting for controlled opposition

Its alright, isn't like you had a real choice in the first place

see my first post
I very vehemently oppose the conflation of russia's antics with hacking the poll boxes

daily reminder that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and this infuriates the alt-reich

it's hard to pinpoint any one site considering they're fly-by-night and go down just as often as they come up in order to push an agenda, and are oftens times ephemeral and only exist as misleading quotes on social media.

nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/facebook-google-crack-down-fake-news-advertising-n684101

factcheck.org/2016/10/did-the-pope-endorse-trump/
Also breitbart.

Both can be true. Maybe the Russians did the hack, but didn't leak data to anyone and Wikileaks got it from a different source.
The report doesn't say what data they got or if it's the same data Wikileaks published.

>The U.S. Government assesses that information
was leaked to the press and publicly disclosed.
Doesn't sound like they even know what the hackers got.

i hope you all know this before saying stupid shit

Podesta emails were obtained through phishing
DNC emails were obtained through APT28/29.
RNC emails were also obtained though not released.

Hilary's emails were never compromised but they were reviewed by the DOJ and FBI. She destroyed ones that she decided were personal.

this is the only topic the entire election and none of you faggots can even get the facts straight

>muh fake news
>it's only wrong when they do it!
theintercept.com/2016/12/29/the-guardians-summary-of-julian-assanges-interview-went-viral-and-was-completely-false/?comments=1#comments

>RNC emails were also obtained though not released.

What's the proof of this?

CIA says so

we need this before we can know for sure.
either way there will always be conspiracy theorists who dismiss the evidence.

an exception is not the majority. That's one example where as the right ran its entire campaign based on fake news.

holy fucking fear mongering batman

delete this it contradicts the alt-reich's agenda and is illegal

>DNC emails were obtained through APT28/29.
where is the proof for this?
it's all bullshit mate
crowsdstrike were the ones claiming that "the russians did it!", they never presented any evidence whatsoever. crowsdstrike just went with the bullshit and obviously positive propaganda for their businesses, and still keeps bullshitting
APT28/29 also are clearly bullshit, those APT reports are filled with spectacular claims, but lack substance

I want you to tell me one specific "fake news" story that was run in the media or alternative media that you think was impactful enough to change how people voted. Not a site, but the actual topic itself. Just pick a single one. I doubt that Pope story you linked is the example you want to give.

They should have used SELinux, they wouldn't be hacked then

Hillary wasn't going to start WW3. And saying "what's wrong with rigged elections when everything turns out okay?" is the first step on the road to dictatorship.

>Sup Forums detected

Most likely because the CIA doesn't want their methods public.

This is why we have a republic you shithead

>the CIA

>this is why we have a Republic
>cries about the popular vote

Get your shit together.

>you have more to say based on where you live
thanks america

That Hillary would win by such a wide margin, that less people came out and voted for her as a result.

help yourself
breitbart.com/
infowars.com/
also see
>it's hard to pinpoint any one site considering they're fly-by-night and go down just as often as they come up in order to push an agenda, and are oftens times ephemeral and only exist as misleading quotes on social media.

oh, yeah, because the NYT, WaPO and everyone else doesn't do that
go read other articles by glenn greenwald about the topic... he's posted a bunch lately

and that's only recently... US MSM has been in bed with the US govt and US intelligence agencies for a long time, which is well known if you have ever read books on espionage... and why wouldn't they be anyway? media outlets are obviously the best way to brainwash people into believing that everything is ok, and that their country > everything else. meanwhile, you have the highest imprisonment rates in the world, and lots and lots of drug addicts...

Same with hacking, they see it as an act of war but when they do it it's fine.

>lumps all people into two groups
wow
lets race to the bottom shall we? I'll start

stunning intelligence from this one. fuck you

That's not fake news, that's the pure arrogance of the liberal media. It's hard to complain about turnout when she didn't even step foot in Wisconsin and spent virtually no resources in Michigan.

didn't trump himself say many times that he knew how to play the games other powerful people play? by not paying taxes, for example
so, what's wrong with those tweets? he was just saying the truth, and now he applied his knowledge.
meanwhile, clinton was making a shitload of money in her position in the state department, by being a corrupt politician (the kind of people who are supposed to "represent" whole countries)

>meanwhile, you have the highest imprisonment rates in the world, and lots and lots of drug addicts...
nice non-sequitur

international/nonpartisan news groups such as the BBC and NPR also agree on the preponderance of fake news

yet she still won the popular vote.
ignore it all you want but she should be the PEOTUS

Not an argument, cunt. In any case, us being a Republic has nothing to do with the CIA keeping their evidence secret.

If it's an important matter like this they have to disclose.

Before the Iraq war they presented satellite photographs and recorded phone calls to the world so democratically elected leaders could come to a democratic decision.
In retrospect we know it was all out of context or misinterpreted, but at least they didn't do the "I could tell you but I would have to kill you" routine.

There is no popular vote, we're a Republic.

Not "fake news", their polls were wrong, so they reported on inaccurate data and false conclusions were drawn from it, that's just a plain fuck up; it had nothing to do with hacks or influence from Russians, but arrogance from smug news reporters.

>crowdstrike
>CIA
k
do you even know what "crowdstrike" is, btw?
from what I can see, you just ignored my post

the mental gymnastics are astounding in this post

Hilary Clinton won the popular vote

>international/nonpartisan news groups such as the BBC and NPR also agree on the preponderance of fake news

The guys that say Pepe and came to the conclusion that it represented white nationalism rather than r9k?

is not an argument either.

race to the bottom is just throwing insults at each other.

in any case, being a republic has everything to do with the CIA keeping shit safe. You don't get to see "TOP SECRET" info for a reason

in a way it did come to represent the alt-reich considering it was appropriated by their agenda

quit confusing two different posters

>the mental gymnastics are astounding in this post
are you retarded or what? that was one of his biggest arguments, that he would stop corruption, because he knew about it. did you ever see the debates? I'm not even a US citizen, and in my opinion, clinton and trump should be thrown into a ditch after being beaten multiple times... but, m8, pay more attention when arguing please

>Hilary Clinton won the popular vote
of a minority of states, which means she lost.

The Indians had just as many runs as the Cubs. They should be co-champions. Oh wait, that's not how the winner is selected.

Because in a non-republic everything is opaque.

What the fuck are you arguing?

Anyway, enough shitflinging.

Am I right in saying that in the document they did not present ANY of the evidence that it was Russia?

>he would stop corruption,
oh come the fuck on are you seriously that daft? Do you see the people he's bringing into office and into his cabinet? What the fuck are people even thinking anymore? It's like I woke up in the prologue of Nineteen Eighty-Four

besides, vote for the crook before the fascist

yes you are right
thats why I said wait for the congressional committee's results. that's the republic part and that's what matters.

sports are not politics

There is no popular vote.

No shit. It's an analogy. The rules were clear from the beginning. She knew them and strategized accordingly. She lost.

funny seeing as how Hilary Clinton won it (the popular vote)