Was $200 too much to ask

On Tuesday I put a couple of SSDs up for sale on craigslist. I live in a well populated areas but admittedly, I don't use Craigslist but once every few years but I wanted $200 for a Samsung EVO 840 1TB and a Crucial M500 960GB or $120 a piece.

All I got were people lowballing effectively wanting to pay no more than $50 per drive. So I pulled the ad down and am just going to take them to the a local shop. First shop offered $75 and the second $85 a piece...

Was I expecting too much or is CL simply a cess pool of cunts?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=840evo 1tb&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=840evo+1tb&LH_BIN=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_ItemCondition=4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>CL simply a cess pool of cunts

Yes. As is eBay.

Put it on ebay, retard.

nice blog
install gentoo

Drives have particularly poor second-hand value.
We don't know what you did with the drives or what you used them for. For all we know you used them for server stress testing and they've sustained incredibly heavy IO

well, they were used right?

also, to answer your question, yes. depending on what you sell, you have to seriously lowball. its all about supply and demand

for example, i just sold a mobo for $55, when I bought it for only $79 new because that particular model is getting harder and harder to find

but on other items, i've had to drop to half of what i truly wanted because people aren't going to give you its true value - they're shopping for a deal

however, i've found it holds true for other sellers as well. whenever i shoot someone an offer, they always accept. only one time have i had someone make a counteroffer and not immediately accept my lowball

Your Jewish instincts are appalling.

Fwiw and for that reason I posted screen shots of bytes written: 9TB for the Samsung and 13 for the crucial.

You know photoshop is a thing? It's so ubiquitous that photographic evidence is no longer admitted in court.

OP here, thanks for the reality check, guys

yeah, it sucks, but just know you can use the same thing against other sellers.

btw, i posted this, , and i am talking about ebay

two more protips, use psychology against them
say i price something at $75 with OBO, they might shoot me an offer for $60, right?

but if i set it at $65 with OBO, they'll shoot me an offer of $50

and the other, use values ending in "9", we subconsciously associate numbers ending in 0 as higher value, even if its something like $49 vs. $50

>tfw it is in my city
>tfw ive photoshopped friends documents for beer

I was selling a GTX 280 used when GTX 580 was current, and GTX 280 was about the same as a GTX 560 afaik.

I had it listed for $40 ($180 less than a new equivalent) and people were offering me $20 for it. I ended up throwing it in the garbage to spite everyone.

That's standard when selling 2nd hand gear online. First offer is always some lowballing chancer cunt. Be patient.

>implying you accomplished anything
son i let go of an r7 250 for $25 earlier this year, as much as it made me cringe

Protips acknowledged

I thought I was putting a helluva deal out there

>I thought I was putting a helluva deal out there

You could list them for a dollar and someone would come at you offering $0.20 or asking if you would swap for a slinky.

I would just email them back this:

m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=840evo 1tb&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=840evo+1tb&LH_BIN=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_ItemCondition=4

$200 is the going price, take it or leave it.

Fuck, bro, I might have taken a slinky for the novelty. It wasn't about the money so much as the principle. I know I am digging the retard hole deeper all things considered along with that statement.

Maybe I fucked up by mentioning I replaced them with a single 4tb...

Nicely done... pity it didn't even cross my mind but I doubt any of the suitors were willing to pay the stated price

I wouldnt pay more too for a used !!!!840!!! Evo

>200$ for 2 1TB ssds or 120$ each
Fuck if I were able to personally confirm the smart data I would've been all over that. Probably would have tried to talk you down to 100$ for the 840 alone, though.

Forgot to add, another good tip when dealing on CL is to always have change, or ask for shit in the prices divisible by 20's. Or both. Easy way to low ball someone is you ask for say. 70$, and they show up with 80$ in 20's. "Oh, you don't have change? Could we just call it 60 then?"