/C++ General/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Discovering-Modern-Scientists-Programmers-Depth/dp/0134383583
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2016 A.D.
>Still using C++

top wew la

what do geese have to do with programming?

Fuck off rust shill, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

thanks for increasing my power level

>2016

Many Bothans died so that you wouldn't still have to use C++

Any good courses on the Interwebzz ?

exercism is a good place to learn a programming languages. I have had 'Effective C++' by Scott Myers recommended to me as far as books go. And after that you're best off reading codebases. Go on user, be free

Seems to me like Rust will never be a good option for large systems because of the immaturity of libraries. Anons might be good to start using Rust for side projects. And if it got support for microcontrollers like Arduino, it could be OK.

>never be
>immature
doesn't immature imply that it will mature at some point?

I admit that didn't make much sense.

Development of large systems will continue to happen in C++ because of library maturity and availability of developers. Rust will grow when it becomes viable to develop systems in it, but that won't happen until some huge economic/productivity advantage appears. But I know fuck all about C++ or Rust so don't listen to me

Thanks

can anyone review this book?

Enjoy your code of conduct you fucking cucks

Long time C++ user here.

Bjarne's book is organised in a very strange way. If you're not familiar with C++, it's useless to you. If you are very familiar with C++, it's also useless as a reference but might not be bad to go through to get some ideas about the often abandoned corners in the language.

thanks

have any recommendations for a mediocre programmer to get an education in the use of C++?

geese, like rust and go shills, are annoying cunts

Sepples is garbage, just use plain c

Another general that will live maybe 2-3 weeks
Good job OP

amazon.com/Discovering-Modern-Scientists-Programmers-Depth/dp/0134383583

Best up to date book, senpai.

This. Why not use C now that the OOP fad has died out?

thank you

please take this thick babe as a token of my gratitude

>OOP is the only possible option in C++.

ICU is fucking bloated and their userguide is utter shit.
Also programming on windows is painful.
Qt Creator is basically a glorified text editor with some tiny IDE features sprinkled inbetween like autocomplete and jumping to definitions.

While C++ still has major flaws. Those can still be fixed in the future. It's only a matter of doing it and time.

>Qt Creator is basically a glorified text editor with some tiny IDE features sprinkled inbetween like autocomplete and jumping to definitions.
aka the only features that matter
>While C++ still has major flaws. Those can still be fixed in the future. It's only a matter of doing it and time.
Now that's what I call optimism

>While C++ still has major flaws. Those can still be fixed in the future. It's only a matter of doing it and time.
they can't do that without breaking backwards-compatibility in which case they might as well just design a new language from scratch

>they can't do that without breaking backwards-compatibility i
They already did with 11 and 14 and will do so again with 17. Deal with it.

When will I have Concepts in my standard?

>they can't do that without breaking backwards-compatibility in which case they might as well just design a new language from scratch
where have you been? Compilers have version switches for that reason, the standards are no longer required to be compatible with each other

C++17 > C++14 > C++11 > C++03 > ....

It's only been getting better, meanwhile you're stuck with "Rust"

Qt C++ is just total masterrace between all languages and frameworks.

return 0;

End of topic :)

> stuck with "Rust"
Rust has no committee to slow progress down so every new version of Rust expands the language on all levels, from syntax to standard library.

>using filthy obsolete C
>not using glorious C++ and its concise std::chan::thread("g", 58236848).end("End of topic :)");

> not EXIT_SUCCESS