Another feature Nvidia dropped after selling millions of GPUs

>Another feature Nvidia dropped after selling millions of GPUs
kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBU_kDqFO7o
youtube.com/watch?v=1o0Nuq71gI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lol kek hehe lel haha

Well, whatever that is... I did not use it so I can do perfectly fine without.

How did they "drop" it?

Its been part of GameWorks for few years now.

>it didn't affect me so i dont care

this is your averege drone right here

Citation needed. Otherwise OP is an AMD shill.

they locked it behind their drivers and slowly stopped supporting it

Nvidia locked it so that AMD users cannot use the same technology on their graphics cards. Thus as a developer, you have to come to the conclusion that, either you bone half your audience with features they cannot use, or you drop said feature in support of more customers.

AMD on the other hand, has open sourced all their technology. This means that everything that AMD uses, will be mainstream, and thus everybody uses and supports it. Nvidia on the other hand, wants to play exclusive, and thus exclusively have alienated their technologies to obscurity. PhysX may be a good idea, but sadly in reality it was poorly implemented by greed.

There are ways around the supposed lock-out with PhysX and AMD cards. And I'm not seeing anything in the news that Nvidia is deprecating this. OP is a faggot AMD shill.

Same shitposter who dropped this on Sup Forums
I look forward to when schools back in

maybe you should fuck off to Sup Forums and stay there?

>Thread about PhysX
>99% PhysX is used in games
>WAAAH MUH AMD
>Fucc off to Sup Forums xD

You have a tumor, you should check a doctor.

""""""""""half""""""""""
Would you really care about that small portion that will not be able to run your game anyway ?

>ATI

nice meme

youtube.com/watch?v=yBU_kDqFO7o

Looks pretty awesome, I would say it sucks AMD users can't use it I don't really care what AMD can or can't.

If they hate it so much they should make their own implementation and push hard for it instead of crying like whiny bitches.

MOOOOOM NVIDIA WONT LET ME PLAY THE PHYSX

This, nvidia is as bad as Intel in their business practices

The history of PhysX is long, complicated, and hilarious.
Basically after Nvidia acquired the original company Aegia the owners found out Nvidia wanted to make their tech proprietary. One of the owners immediately left and took a job with ATI/AMD.
Nvidia made PhysX locked with a simple driver hack.
For a while you could get PhysX to run on some AMD GPUs.
Nvidia patched that out, but then it was found out that the code base was super cobbled together and inefficient X87 bullshit.
After a couple years Nvidia was pressured to release a CPU based derivative, proving that it had nothing to do with their GPUs have dedicated hardware for it.
Though they made sure the code was still as shitty as possible so it would have a huge performance impact from running on the CPU.
Basically game devs were getting sick of it. No one wants a support forum for a game filled with thousands of people complaining about poor performance with advertised features. It hurts sales.

So Nvidia has pretty much left PhysX in a limbo. Too much of the industry is vocally against what Nvidia is trying to do with it. Other competing physics acceleration middleware is GPU accelerated to boot.
Nvidia literally tried to Jew so hard they all but killed some of their own IP.
Though with 8 core CPUs now running PhysX doesn't really have any impact, its still irrelevant now.

Physx works on amd. It's just nerfed.

It doesn't run on AMD GPU's retard

it does

No, its running on a CPU thread, not your AMD GPU.

>There are ways around the supposed lock-out

:shakes head:

Doesn't Nvidia prevent PhysX from even functioning if you have a AMD card in your PC?

says the kiddy who posted this on Sup Forums then here in a vain attempt for some attention as hes that fucking sad.

No. They do hold back a few special effects, but it'll run on a CPU thread no matter what kind of GPU you have.
They've given up on it.

>abit
memories

You can have a Nvidia GPU for PhysX only while rendering with a AMD GPU.

What the fuck are you on about? PhysX is integrated into GameWorks so faggots can't use it with AMD cards anymore.

Guess people still don't know what GameWorks is about...

this thread belongs in Sup Forums and not in Sup Forums... Keep your gaymen shit over there.

physx is a big reason why i'm switching away from nvidia so yeah they should care. they alienated their own users by releasing a proprietary feature that ran like shit even on their own cards.
>BUT GOY IF YOU WANT THE BEST PERFORMANCE BUY THE FLAGSHIP CARD
>NOT ONCE, BUT EVERY YEAR!
yeah no fucking thanks i'll go with AMD.

For the millionth time, it'll run on a CPU thread no matter what GPU you have in your system.

>>AMD
>nice meme

What? PhysX isn't part of GoyWorks at all. The physics solutions offered within that are a replacement for PhysX, but they're not PhysX. Games still use PhysX, but almost exclusively running on the CPU with no option of GPU acceleration. Equally, almost all GoyWorks features work on AMD cards, whereas PhysX explicitly didn't (and Nvidia went to great lengths to ensure you couldn't use an Nvidia card as a PhysX card with a main AMD card), so your assertation makes no sense on that level either.

>I'm switching video cards because they have a feature that no developers use

Is this what people on Sup Forums normally do with their lives?

Not him, but I doubt it's about that particular feature, but the entire Nvidia scheme on it. If they pull this shit on PhysX, they'll do it on other stuff too. And they have. And they will continue doing it.

You tell companies what you want with your money, that's the only thing they ever listen to, so by not buying Nvidia, he's telling them he's done with his shit. Are you really this dumb that you can't comprehend basic shit, or are you just le pretending xd?

it doesnt actually take a lifetime to buy a new card

Good. They both need to drop stupid fucking "features"

You're a retarded faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=1o0Nuq71gI4

FLEX is awesome, just shows how clueless and idiotic you are

AYYMDPOORFAGS will never have great PhysX FLEX

>abloo a company bought something
>AMD buys ATi

Why is everyone on Sup Forums so retarded? Are these people so bored with their lives that they have to dig for things to be upset about so they can feel like they have purpose? Just kill yourselves already.

Nice completely irrelevant post, kid.

You're wrong, retard

Havok is not GPU accelerated and neither it anything else

Only PhysX has real GPU acceleration thanks to superior Nvidia technology

I've been using Nvidia for about two decades now. (switching between Intel, AMD, Cyrix etc CPUs all along the way)

But my next GPU will be AMD.

>either you bone half your audience with features they cannot use
ATI doesnt have anywhere near 50% of the market share. this year it is about 30% of the discrete cards shipped, and in 2015 it was 20%

>AMD on the other hand, has open sourced all their technology
they havent, even their linux drives use binary blobs

>they havent, even their linux drives use binary blobs
This is such a knowingly disingenuous example that you have completely outed yourself as a blind Nvidia fanboy/shill. Kill yourself immediately, faggot.

AYYMDPOORFAGSHILLS BTFO
B
T
F
O

>AMD on the other hand, has open sourced all their technology
It's funny, AMD used to be the goto card for linux but they shit the bed and Nvidia started to play ball and now Nvidia is the goto card for linux.

stay btfo user

>moving the goalposts
It's not about what they bought, it's about what they did with it, retard. Just stop posting already or get a tripcode like the other faglords so I can filter your retarded ass too.

>nvidia

Absolutely not, Intel is the goto "card" for Linux. Nvidia has proprietary drivers that don't even work with several features like Wayland and KMS.

KMS is a meme that makes framebuffer consoles run like ass, and Wayland doesn't meaningfully exist yet outside of meme distros.

See, that's the issue with you people, there is no goalpost, just retarded people such as yourself that would be better off ending themselves.