>games can't update because no file priveleges
>can't manually delete them
>tried every fix possible
>turned off UAC
>used takeown on both my account and the hidden admin account
>tried deleting them as the hidden admin account
>tried changing owner through properties
>whenever I do that I get a fucking gorillion errors
>only thing that works is booting into safe mode and signing into the hidden admin account. When I do it tells me my recycle bin is corrupted and clears it even when there is nothing in it
>If I try to do shit to the folder on my account it says I need permission from the account that I am fucking logged in to to change that file or folder
Windows 10 is bullshit
>inb4 tech support
This isn't a cry for help this is me complaining

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The ownership system in windows is awful. It is what made me start using Linux when Windows 7 came.

It treats you like a baby.

it gets shit done!

Except it doesn't... Windows is notorious in the fact that it is hard to get things to work properly. Anyone doing serious computer work uses Linux for that reason.

Many gaems are compatible with Linux these days.
They are good.

WHY DO PEOPLE USE WINDOWS 10?

I never understood this meme. Windows 7 offered me a free upgrade so I took it. Reverted to 7 ten minutes later and never looked back. Windows 10 is just absolute garbage.

>now suddenly everything in my fucking steamapps folder is off limits
>games can't update because no file priveleges
>can't manually delete them
take ownership
>tried every fix possible
apparently not
>turned off UAC
this is why people tell you to not turn uac off, you don't know what you're doing
>used takeown on both my account and the hidden admin account
you fucked up the flags, good job
>tried changing owner through properties
>whenever I do that I get a fucking gorillion errors
>When I do it tells me my recycle bin is corrupted
who would have thought that fucking with shit you don't understand would fuck with shit

>Windows 10 is bullshit
it would have happened with 7 too. good job.

>Anyone doing serious computer work uses Linux for that reason.
b8

Win10 is only garbage if you don't know how to disable the shit you don't want. Who woulda thought.
>inb4 "I shouldn't have to"
enjoy your base ubuntu install

>windows broke everything for no reason

>its your fault you didnt fix it correctly

It shouldn't be breaking in the first place.

>PEBKAC: The thread
You are fucking retarded
Just buy a console, you're the target audience.

>tried changing ownership through properties before anything else
>Errors
>tried using takeown on my account
>errors
>tried using admin account
>errors
>tried changung ownership through properties on admin account
>errors
>tried takeown on admin account
>errors
>windows support says to turn off UAC and try again
>errors
>le its le your le fault le because le I le say le so

Mines working just fine, along with many others. I think you're leaving something out? Are you autistic?

>you aren't running GNU LINUX FEDORA ELITIST EDITION and ricing the shit out of everything so you can emulate windows through WINE and brag about how superior you are so I'm going to say you aren't even allowed to enjoy what you enjoy because I have a stick up my ass and a god complex: the post

ITT: Autistic M$ Shills
My SD card is always write protected in Windows 10 for some reason, even though I have tried taping the SD lock mechanism to unlocked. Yet, in Ubuntu, it just works.
Windows 10 is absolute shit.

>things break
>i tried to fix it and fucked it up more, so it's not my fault
you fucked it up, permissions errors don't just happen out of nothing

>icacls
>errors fixed
>stuttering stupid shit

I agree with

I fucking wish I got paid to tell people how goddamn dumb they are.

>I-it was windows' fault, I didn't do anything!

>permissions errors don't just happen out of nothing
On windows it does...

Okay fine then. How do I fix it?
>inb4 the same admin command prompt takeown ical bullshit that I've tried 4 times

No, no it does not. Computers don't just have minds of their own.

icacls

$0.1 have been deposited in your account.

>using windows
>ever

>calls others autistic
>"there is only one person who disagrees with me therefor everyone in this thread who disagrees with me is the same person"
I think you might be projecting a bit there.
Oh god there are three of you.

Gee, if only there was something like sudo for windows.... or even an all-powerful account....

Oh wait, there is: It's called SYSTEM. It automatically has permissions for everything on a given NTFS volume.

This sounds like drive corruption. Do a check disk. Get software to check the integrity of the drive. If you have a SSD most companies that make them have software to verify its health.

>Have windows 7
>Can't even remember the last time i ever had an issue, even more so ownership related

b-but lenux is for neet retards who overcomplicate everything they do
t-there's no point in recompiling the pentagon's entire computer infrastructure just to loop a video

> Windows 10
They will never learn.

ahaha sure Bill Gates had boring evening so he corrupted your folder ;D
you remind me of my friend who always try to make things work BETTER (like set some configs for video drivers, watch youtube tutorials on how to make your pc work better) but he never knows what he's doing, always fuckup and complain how everything is shit.
You didn't even considered that this can be your drive dying, which is the most obvious case when your files are getting corrupted and inaccessible.
Trust me you will never have OS where everything is working because you are retard.

>file permissions changing for no reason

VIRUS
I
R
U
S

shouldn't have taken the "common sense" bait, you retard.

>implyinng I haven't scanned to hell and back with Avast, Malware Bytes and windows defender

Ubuntu is easier to use than Windows 10. Especially for complete tech illiterates. Of course you have to do command line commands to do anything advanced, but at least you CAN do everything you want on your own computer. It's not like you ever are locked out from anything like in windows.

>antivirus didn't find anything
>all safe what are you talking about?
retard, if installing antivirus would protect you from any threat than there would never be viruses

>implying you can trust scan results AFTER having been infected
whew, this thread just keeps getting better by the minute

>It's not like you ever are locked out from anything like in windows.
just curious, what are you talking about?

>58243593
>lmao should have used antivirus
>lmao antivirus is worthless

yes they are?
only antivirus every person have is their head

>just disable the things you don't like :^)
t. MS shill

> Windows is harder to use than Linux

Um what?

howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

You're welcome, OP

it is... If you know what you are doing. A windows power user might spend a week doing something that a linux power user can do with ONE simple command line.

(for example rename all files in some folders according to some pattern)

First off, stop installing shit to protected folders and don't turn off UAC just because you did.

UAC is "confusing" to people because of all the poor design decisions of 9x and early NT and MS deciding to tack on security. However its not hard to figure out what system folders are protected. Simply do not install shit to those folders.

>what is powershell
yeah, windows power user will definitely spend a week doing this shit

install gentoo

>Anyone doing serious computer work uses Linux
Anyone who doesn't do any serious computer work thinks that

I fucking hate Windows for this reason. I have 8.1 on a laptop and I can't run .exe or .msi files unless I run them as an admin. Stop telling me to contact the admin, I am the fucking admin. I have all the rights. Just let me run my god dam program you piece of shit.