/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

old one is kill

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
piriform.com/recuva/download/
mattnorman.co.uk/2014/ATI-Radion-mobility-x2300-on-windows-8-1-minecraft/
guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
microcenter.com/product/458416/Moto_360_Sport_42mm_Smartwatch_2nd_Gen_-_Black?ob=1&rf=Search Results
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are so many famous people dying lately? It is making me uncomfortably aware of my own mortality.

don't worry, you aren't famous

>Why are so many famous people dying lately?
It's actually the same amount of people (mortality has gone down, but population has gone up) as before, it's just that the bar for getting famous has been lowered every year since the rise of pop culture in the 60s.

Today, not only do we have celebrities that are "famous for being famous", we have celebrities that "are famous because they were friends with someone that was famous for being famous". When anyone can start a YouTube channel and get literally millions of followers, of course people are going to find out that you died.

In the end, death claims us all.

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

Uh, user, a lot of objectively popular celebs have been dying. Like, actors in multimillion dollar movie popular. That arugment doesn't work.

demographics/baby boom-life expectancy= dead people.

reposting from the previous thread that I didn't realized it was dead.

is there any quick way to have a fake phone number just to get a SMS confirmation?

Usually not. If they filter for GV and the main single use sites you're screwed.

Damn.

Alright, thanks for the reply dear non.

Ayo

How do I, dare I say it, {spoilers}cr*ck ;^){/spoilers} Win 7? I got the MS ;^){spoilers}T**lkit{/spoilers} and I don't want to use anything else.

Any hints? :-DD

What exactly does a computer do after it's processed some data? I've been trying to learn how computers work and I understand logic gates and how the computer stores data, I just can't wrap my mind around how you can even do anything with it.
Maybe I'm just too retarded to understand

>install seatools to do SMART check on hard drive
>seatools makes no indication that it would need to even look at usb devices
>don't think to remove flash drive because shouldn't be an issue
>seatools hangs on scanning usb devices
>64 GB flash drive is now unusable (won't show in drive list on my machine, shows up on friend's machine but can't be accessed or reformatted)
>had important shit on it
What do?

Why am I not seeing the (You)?

shit

How do I use MStoolkit on Win7?

PLEASE!

Why do TVs come with a "record" function, through which you can allegedly record your TV signal to a USB device? Wouldn't you need a capture card for that to work?

buy a new flash drive and restore it from your most recent backup, obviously

If there is, it's probably stupid to do. Those exist for security reasons and using a fake number or some "temporary" service or fuck knows what is monumentally stupid if you care about the account at all.

You don't. Daz spaz.

The TV is already "capturing" the signal, how the hell do you think it ends up on your screen as an actual image?

How come it's socially acceptable to call a man a "dick" but not to call a woman a "cunt"?

>carrie fischer was chosen to play princess Leia because of her acting skills and not because she was above averagely hot and was willing to act in some obscure Flash Gordon / Kurosawa's "hidden fortress" hybrid movie

What do you mean?

It could have fucked up your partitions. See if there's some tool out there that can recover partition data or something

So have you ever recorded something from your TV straight to an USB device?

how is the meme whit bad programming called? it is usually badly written code and picture of student

Data is potentially lost, deal with it. I doubt the USB drive would be physically damaged, maybe that tool fucked the partition table or something. Boot up some live Linux distro with gparted, remove any partitions that are left and make a new one. No data, but the drive should work if it's not actually fucked.

I suppose if you want to "save" everything that's still on the drive in raw format, you can use dd.

Jesus Christ

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

I didn't/don't keep a backup of my flash drive(s). The closest thing to a backup is an 8-month outdated copy of my old google drive folder which was migrated to said flash drive because google drive is garbage.

Care to elaborate on what "dd" is?

And what the fuck is captcha's fucking obsession with fireworks the past few days?

Recuva that sum bitch then reformat.

thanks my man for the pastebin

dude, come on.

I never had a use for something like that, I don't even think my TV has such a feature, though I never checked. It's fully doable if a manufacturer wanted to implement such a feature though, digital cable is already encoded, though I'm not up to date on which codec is used nowadays, could still be MPEG-2 or H.264/MPEG-4/AVC. If it's from a HDMI input the signal isn't encoded and dumping it to USB would be impossible due to the huge bandwidth, but encoder chips exist and are commonly used and/or integrated into SoCs and shit.

Thanks breh.

Do you know how do I get to install the ATIradeonMobilityx2300 drivers of a VAIO VGN-CR31Z? I have been told I need to install them from Vista.

The stupid support can't be more useless. It stopped 7 years ago, I think.

If I install Win 8, will it get fixed magically?

The IT services provider at work has all the technology acumen of a 90 year old with dementia. Pretty much every computer is infected with viruses that automatically infect any flash drives plugged into them as well as network drives. I've told our service provider about this and they've done nothing. I've also raised this issue with my boss as well as his boss and neither have any interest in fixing the problem or finding a new service provider. It wouldn't be hard for me to install some antivirus software but it's explicitly stated in my contract that I'm not allowed to run or install programs which aren't approved by IT services.

Should I give up and find another job before shit really goes wrong (the infected computers handle customer and employee financial details)?

what does the green bell pepper/capsicum have to do with RMS/FSF/GNU? been lurking for years and that's something i've not quite figured out.

Any advice that would point me towards recovering it is welcome. The drive seems to be pretty fucked though.

>windows plays sounds when I plug in/unplug the drive
>device appears in device manager
>does not appear in my computer/drive list
>does not appear in disk management

>appears in friend's drive list (W10)
>no volume label/capacity
>trying to format just pops up "no disk inserted in drive" error

I'm so pissed. I kept my programming projects and other development-related shit on this drive. Not only that, but I can't really afford to go buy a new drive. This one was a birthday present.

piriform.com/recuva/download/

Is there any way to "easily" manage an existing windows installation on a dual boot setup (linux and windows) through a virtual machine?

I can do this shit without trouble with parallels but I'm trying to find something like that on loonix.

>Care to elaborate on what "dd" is?
dd is a Unix/Linux tool which you can use for shit like basic file copying operations but more importantly it can read and write straight to some storage device at the low level, without needing a filesystem or anything like that. You can use it to read everything on a flash drive and dump it into a huge, single image file on disk. You can also write that huge file back to the drive later and I'm pretty sure you can mount the file itself under Linux if it contains a valid file system (your flash drive doesn't anyway, it would be readable otherwise).

If you overwrite the drive you could actually lose the data though, if you make a copy first you'd still have it saved, even if it's a rather hard to use format. You'd really need to know what you're doing, especially since the file system is broken. The actual data could also be gone though.

You could also try Recuva or something, but I don't really know if it's smart enough to handle a drive with fucked partitions. It can recover (some) deleted files off of a 100% working NTFS volume, sure, but I never tried it on something with shat on partitions.

What's a good unlocked smartphone around $300-$400?

I used to have a Nexus 5x and was looking at the ZTE Axon 7 but I'm not sure if the camera is better or not. Can anybody confirm?

Install ransomeware on some machines they can afford to lose. Let them freak out and realize you were right.

Doesn't sound like win8 is any better.

mattnorman.co.uk/2014/ATI-Radion-mobility-x2300-on-windows-8-1-minecraft/

Post the compatable id from device manager

Recuva won't even detect the drive. I think the drive may be bricked, the access light is slowly pulsing on and off constantly.

How come 4chanx isn't showing the replies on any anons post? I like the extensionbut I need to know who is replying to who. or how many replies an user gets

Just turn on the backlinking option in the native extension settings.

makes sense

Has Sup Forums fucked with the "(You)"s? I'm not seeing them any more.

The (You)s seem to have been replaced with a thicker, dotted underline on the quote link. See pic related

There's also testdisk and photorec. Also if your friend's laptop is detecting it better than use that

it's a "brush" in GIMP that was added early on for testing purposes, it's still in current releases
it's so out of place that it stands out

I have a huge archive of mostly worthless shit but its stuff I want to hang on to.

Its 1.12 TB, but the only spare drives I have are are two 1TB drives.

Is there a way to like... combine these drives so they act as one or something like that?

Why is Verizon FIOS rangebanned from posting on Sup Forums for "abuse"?

Thanks. Seems obvious now. Looks like it's time to reinstall 4chanx

Raid 0.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_718A&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_718A
PCI\VEN_1002&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&CC_0300
PCI\VEN_1002
PCI\CC_030000
PCI\CC_0300

What does this mean?

I tried to install some drivers but the unique thing that "worked" was from W7 default driver and the Sony Vista last (2008) driver. It couldn't even install the programs nor the driver correctly I had to spend days checking and trying changes from the requisites. FUCK.

Like that arcticle you linked to me, I tried to install Dota2 on this computer the last year, but it didn't work due to some 3D component my VIDEO card doesn't have. MY FUCKING VIDEO CARD is still better than the minimum requirement CARD!

PLEASE. Tell me a hint. I already installed .NET 3.5,4.0,4.5,4.5.1,4.5.2,4.6,4.6.1,4.6.2 and every Win7 update!

oh, should also mention the particular graphic is cut out of a much older standard test image

hiromoot jewing for Sup Forums passes

>install ubuntu along with botnet 10(keeping it for vidya)
>set up a bunch of stuff
>install Sup Forums x
>working well
>some minutes of lurking later
>suddenly, errors all over the place
>"There are 2 copies of Sup Forums x running."
>wait what
>go to addons manager
>disable Sup Forums x, stuff went back to normal
>even if I disabled Sup Forums x, the GUI of the site is still that of Sup Forums x

I mean, I'm not really complaining, but I'm still curious, any body got any idea why did this happen? I don't see a 2nd Sup Forums x anywhere in the config nor addons.

It would seem I was partly wrong. It IS showing up in the disk management, but as "no media". Only found it because I had the disk management open when I pulled it out and happened to see the list change.

If the drive is in such a state of semi-detection, would those still have a chance to work?

People who can pay for FIOS can pay for a pass. :^)))

that image is erotic af for some reason

You're the one who's physically there. You tell me. They do have partition recovery features. If you're reluctant to boot up linux might as well give it a try

When using the Windows 7-to-10 upgrade tool, can I choose a fresh install instead of keeping everything?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as bell pepper, is in fact, Bell Pepper/Capsicum, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Bell Pepper plus Capsicum.

Your mistake was caring about them in the first place.

So the french drivers didn't help?

Yes. You can always clean install.

Is this card worth getting if it's cheaper than the 1060? Are triple fan models much more noisy than dual fan models?

How do I make a NxN list/matrix in python if I want to first fill up the first row and the first column while the other cells are filled with Null?

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is Bell Pepper/Capsicum is, in fact, just bell pepper, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just bell pepper. Bell pepper apparently does happen to be a whole vegetable unto itself, and comprises a full serving as defined by FDA.

Is it possible to change qBitorrent's theme and possibly icons on Win 7? I love the client but white background hurt my eyes so much.

I was validating W7 temporally, I'll tell you in 1 sec.

I just need to make sure to delete every hint of the current video driver.

Well, you can always try f.lux

Use this

guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Is a Moto 360 2nd gen for $160 worth it? Or should I go with the more recent ASUS Zenwatch 3 for $230?
microcenter.com/product/458416/Moto_360_Sport_42mm_Smartwatch_2nd_Gen_-_Black?ob=1&rf=Search Results

Why do people use external HDDs/SSDs?

To take stuff with them.

so I got a new (used) laptop with windows 10
got rid of the tiles and disabled auto-updates because it was an insane cpu-hog
anything else I should do/know about win10?
easy transfer between laptop and desktop

Thanks but I already did the same with that program.

Now I've got to do what that Minecraft page says.

Sneakernet, bro

Is that the real Daniel?

for backups and portability

also this

Well I think it would all be on the Phone since it is the one casting it to the Chromecast. I think if I could get an Adblocker (The one that requires no root but only works when on wifi)

> But you'd be casting the video from your phone to TV rather than the other way around
Umm isn't that what I would want?

i bought a new HDD and I'm looking for someone who can tell me if everything is alright with it, pic related.

ALSO, when I first installed it my old hdd was set as AHCI in the BIOS, that made the new one not be recognized in the BIOS but it showed up on windows install (I couldn't install tho), now I'm having to use it with IDE in the BIOS, what's up with that and is there any problem?

Thanks in advance.

>so many famous people dying

We're only at 70 Stiffs this year. While it is the most since 2012 its not surprising. The news just doesn't have anything else to report on so they make a big deal out of every semi-known famous figure.

IDE is for pic related, wich is from the 90's and early 2000's
AHCI mode is faster
>there's people in this board young enough to not know IDE drives
basically in IDE mode the way the Hard drive is reads and writes is a little less efficient. it will work, but it will be slower

What's the thing called where instead of connecting through a provider's internet, everybody is connected through personal routers? People used to talk about it as a potential alternative to using big company's/governments infrastructure.

I thought it was something-net, or something-web... I can't google it because I can't fucking remember anything about it.

I've rooted a few different android phones recently and I've had to use several vastly different methods, but what I'm still not clear on is does installing TWRP root your device?

Getting a Chromecast tomorrow in mail so that I can watch YouTube on my TV.

Ads are extremely annoying. Is there anyway to block them?

I was also thinking, would it be possible for me to connect my earbuds on the phone and hear sound through it but play video on the TV?

THANKS!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2014 i built my first gaming pc
g3258 stock
gigabyte r9 270 2gb ddr5
4 gb of ram

last year when FO4 came out i upgraded the cpu to i5 4460 and another 4gb of ram

since i cant max out latest games at 1080p anymore what would be a good upgrade for my GPU or should i rock my 270 for another year? BF1 and overwatch run at medium

I feel like I kind of fucked myself over by doing Vega & Altair first. Would have been more impact if I'd waited until last so it led into the true end.

I'm the guy who had a lightning strike fry some shit a while ago.

I had tested the PSU voltages (on the non-working computer) and they were fine (OFF THE EPS CPU POWER CONNECTOR). The motherboard was obviously toast, so I replaced that, and turned her on.

My fucking hard drive connector just caught on fucking fire.

I panicked, unplugged the hard drive, then plugged only the ATX and EPS connectors and booted to the BIOS. Voltages there seemed fine. I don't remember which wire it was, but one of the molex ones read 8V which is obviously a fucking no-no.

I then noticed that the case fans weren't spinning up.

This just keeps getting worse, because now that drive is dead. What the fuck do I do? Is it a bad power supply?

GTX 970 is pretty cheap second hand and is basically the same performance than a GTX 1060
id recommend that
if you want something new RX 480 or GTX 1060

throw that fucking PSU in the trash dude
i dont think any warranty covers lightnings anyway

Have a look at it with gparted under Linux, Windows can be fucky with drives if their partition table is fucked. Linux too, but you could actually see what state it's in. I don't think there's much, if anything, software can do to physically destroy it, worst case scenario it left it in an invalid format somehow and Windows can no longer detect it. Just use gparted to make a new partition table on the thing.

I once had a 500GB HDD that had its MBR fucked up, Windows wouldn't recognize it and it would literally cause any Linux distro I tried to kernel panic a few seconds after it was plugged in. I erased the MBR entirely, repartitioned and the drive is 100% fine.

I know, my question is why won't my HDD show up in BIOS when the BIOS is set to AHCI... It's a new HDD, "HD WD SATA 3,5ยด Blue PC 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s - WD10EZEX"

>throw that fucking PSU in the trash

I'm a poor as fuck third worlder student. I spent a couple month's savings on a half-assed motherboard, and now I need a new PSU?

Brb fucking killing myself.