What are some Sup Forums approved headphones?

What are some Sup Forums approved headphones?

apple earpods

airpods

wincha: stop markt

I post on Sup Forums and I approve of DT 880s
I strongly disapprove of ATHM50's, don't get them and save yourself the disappointment
Studio engineers who don't browse Sup Forums approve of MDR-7506's

just pick up some those apple earbuds for on the go
>using headphones at home

can't believe there isn't a /hpg/ thread right now

That's good, don't jinx it
Maybe we can actually get some real information about headphones

>not HD598C
>can't even meme correctly

Astro A40s

What's Sup Forums's opinion on DT990 Pro 250 ohm? Looking to get these with a new USB DAC in a couple weeks

great

they're usually considered good if you like a really emphasized treble and bass. The treble can be ear shattering if you aren't into that sort of thing

The DT770s are basically closed DT990s, the same kind of sound signature into just with open or closed backs
The DT880s are much more neutral if that's what you're looking for, but to me at least, DT990s are just expensive open DT770s

They're the exact same price here m8. I think I'll go for the open back. The DT880s are almost double the price unfortunately

>lower number
>higher price

>tfw using a nvidia GTX 8800
>tfw 78 generations ahead of you plebs

Been using Q701's for years and I'm perfectly happy with them. They're kind of hard to drive tho.

but can it max crysis?

What's wrong with the HD 598C?

After they were on sale for Black Friday there was an avalanche of disappointed buyers, expecting 598s but getting sealed shut closed back 598s instead
I like my HD598s, not as much as my other headphones but I could see that they might be shittier if they weren't open

Koss Porta Pro or the cheaper clip on variant.

Should I put the volume on my PC and in my music player to 100% and control the audio through the knob on my amp, or is there another way I should be doing it?

Yes
Ideally you should install ASIO, it'll lower the audio latency by a lot (not that noticable unless recording but still) and disable software volume control
I have my gain adjusted to 90% of my laptops volume just so I have headroom in case I don't feel like reaching over to adjust, but my desktop uses ASIO and only the hardware volume control

Ask chiru.no

>sennheiser 598
whats wrong with them tho its like wearing a fucking pillow on your head

costs too much for something that sounds like shit

What das Sup Forums think of these cheap monoprice dj headphones. They are like $16. They seem to work fine for me.

>They seem to work fine for me.
thats all that matters right? Don't let some Sup Forums tard Jew you into something more expensive if you're already satisfied

What are Sup Forums approved bluetooth headphones

>inb4 jaybirds
shit

IEM upgrade from Shure SE215

I'm willing to spend at least €100, but maybe as much as €200 if there's a big difference. I have a fantasy of snatching up a top dollar IEM for cheap on an online marketplace. Looking on Theheadphonelist, there are about ten top dollar IEM that are king, all around 1k retail.

Explain this to me: is it not possible to buy custom IEM online because the custom shape won't fit your ears? Retail is the only option?

It's like sennheiser took the HD595s and removed everything inside, really shameful

>The best of the best IEMs
>Top anything IEMs
Just buy 5 pairs of JVC marshmallows and replace as necessary, save the $300 purchases for the home, studio, real equipment used somewhere that isn't just walking town around listening to your phone

are those grados? kek

You can in /hpg/, too bad informative posters are rare. It's a cesspit with the amount of shitposting. Kind of like Sup Forums catalog mixed with audio myths.

how many ohms tho

Depends on what you're using to drive them, if your "USB DAC" is high output then 200-250's might be possible, but if it's just coming from your motherboard or phone then 80 ohms would be fine
You could go lower if you want to drive them with a weak phone or something but there's really no point, 80 ohms can be well driven by mostly everything

>tfw my Sennheiser CX 300 II just broke
>tfw I fucking hated how they had one side longer than the other and went behind your head instead of in front of it
>tfw I tolerated them for years because the sound quality was actually great at the price point

Hijacking this thread, are there any decent replacements around 30$ or do I buy these evil pieces of shit again?

no debate here

My MDR-ZX100s are getting old. The pads are wearing out and the headband is worn too.

Is there something just like a, step up from these? I could search online but I prefer Sup Forums's opinion. And I don't necessarily need it to be Sony.

Whats the worst headphone purchase you've ever made?
>Koss PortaPros

I have Amperior.
They are superior.
Kiss my posterior.

>tfw will never be a NEET ki-blast
jdimsa

Sony MDRZX110 ZX Series Stereo Headphones. Good budget headphones.

can never go wrong with the porta pros, dont buy their version with inline controls tho, they suck bad

>Sup Forums approved
Biggest meme.

Am I the only one on Sup Forums who uses in-earphones?

delet this. I feel bad for any redditor here who falls for the meme.

>Am I the only one
Answer is always no.

I just love the noise cancellation of them living in muh basement. Don't you have to pay big $$$ for headphones that noise cancel properly?

i'm using a ~$20 pair of chinese headphones, they're pretty capable with some software EQ/effects

Sony, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser are the only respectable brands.

Don't fall for ATs, ATGs and other meme crap.

Especially don't fall for chink shit headphones.

>Don't you have to pay big $$$ for headphones that noise cancel properly?
No. Basic passive attenuation(think of ear muffs) is achieved with a proper construction and materials. It's cheap and it is the basic principle of how your current set of in-ears isolate, too.

Active noise cancellation(which I think you are referring to) aids at eliminating repeated low frequency tones like engine noise(trains, airplanes) or home appliances(dishwasher, air conditioning). It doesn't help at higher frequencies or speech too well. The tradeoff here is a bit of noise from the circuitry and all the good ANC headphones on the market are rather poor at passive noise cancellation. They have their uses but they aren't the best at isolation in every way.

The best isolation is offered by canalphones like Etymotics which sit deep in the ear canal sealing it off completely.

Don't fall for the brand loyalty meme.

There's only three headphones worth buying and those happen to be MDR 7506, HD558 and DT880.

Everything else is a meme.

I nominate HyperX cloud for best gaymen headset.

Only the best.

Beyerdynamic

Or you can buy any other memebrand designed in [look at us we are so awesome] and made in asia by people that genuinely don't give 2 shits about what they are manufacturing.

It's nice.

Cloud Core is also an option for those who can't get the Cloud 1.

You best be serious about Bose QC though, best purchase I've ever made

Anything made by chinks.

Bose Pads wear out after a year, printer cartridge marketing model. QC 25

>No one mentions Sennheiser Orpheus HE90