Best affordable GPUs on the market right now?

Best affordable GPUs on the market right now?

amd: rx460 and 470
nvidia: gtx1060 and 1070

Last gen flagship being sold for pennies by some guy that bought the current flagship.

The "I just bought this GPU but it sucks so I'm selling it for a lot less than it is worth because I'm a dumb fuck" on ebay that sells a GTX 1060 for a hunnerd bucks shipped

State your actual budget instead of using useless terms like affordable.
If you have 10$ you can't afford shit, if you have 10000 you can afford anything.

$350

right now new

460 is good 4gb
470 is better 8gb
480 is the best 8gb

nvidias offerings are not worth while sub a 1070

used there is a 980 for like 60$ on ebay right now

Sapphire RX480 8Gb for $239.

Use the rest of the money on something else.

>>used there is a 980 for like 60$ on ebay right now
This. There's always some retard with a perfectly fine top of the line previous gen card that 'feels the need' to upgrade and sells his shit for dirt cheap.

There is a good reason to upgrade from a 980, you needed the power of a 980 and it wasn't enough/isn't enough anymore, and now there is a 1070 or 1080 that ARE possibly powerful enough and you just want the shit gone.

also, a 980ti for 140$

The 980Ti (last gen flagship) is slower than a 1070 (this gen midrange).

Nice meme.

Why are you listing 1070 from Nvidia but not RX480 from AMD? It's not like the numbers match on both sides.

Because you give up good support with AMD so for most people on Sup Forums that know better it isn't an option.

Nope, they're the same.

RX480 and 1070 are the best cards to buy this generation.

Best performance/price is the GTX 1050

I don't even know what you just said. I have the RX480 and there's nothing wrong with it. Are you an Nvidia shill or do you have some real reasons for AMD being bad? They would have to be good reasons to nullify Freesync.

>Because you give up good support with AMD
Eeeeh? On everything that doesn't have Gimpworks, the support is pretty damn fucking good.

eBay a 1070 or get a new fury X for $340. Fury non X is like $2XX as well

There literally are no 980s cheaper than the 1060 on ebay right now.

Also the 1060 6gb is way better than the rx480. It shits on it in all the games worth playing and ties in the others.

This one by far.

this
i bought the rx470 bc $30 sale- works like a charm and only gets to like 70c on witcher 3 with ultra graphics in large fights.
i dont get why ppl fall for the nvidia meme

>tfw the 470 is still the best price to performance card

>Also the 1060 6gb is way better than the rx480. It shits on it in all the games worth playing and ties in the others.
lmao, no
Take a look at the newest benchmarks, nvidia stopped giving a fuck about it already

what's the best CPU to go with an rx 480 8gb? also mother board recommendations would be nice.

Just get it from Amazon

I need this exact information as well.

for vr, get the fastest intel cpu

and you will need at least 16 gig ram

what if I don't care about memeR and just want to max out games at 1080p with at least 60fps?

i5 4690

Dude :(. That's not even a limited budget, unless you are into running games 1 fps more than competition. Buy the best of previous generation.

Are you stupid? AMD supports there cards better and longer than Nvidia does.

ty

RX 470
nothing else matters

>Are you stupid
>there cards

That aside, it's because they have to when nvidia always has the edge out of the box.

The 590 is not very good value. It burns like 370W and makes a shitload of noise for the same second hand price as a 960 or 970, which will perform better, allow for a cheaper psu, have better connectivity options, and you won't have to deal with multigpu bullshit.

I tried it. It's just not an efficient solution. :\

Would only being able to supply power to one of my two 200R case fans matter? The new (mini) board I got can only connect to one. Is the difference between 2/2 and 1/2 negligible?

I got the Rx 480 8GB and it's been wonderful so far, so it gets my vote. Although I am bias since I got it off of craigslist for $160 which is a steal, but still go for it, it's a great card.

>Nvidia
>edge out of the box

Buy and install new AMD card -> Everything works, desktop, video, games with playable framerates. Drivers in kernel and mesa the best available.

Buy and install new Nvidia card -> System fails to detect monitor properly, if any picture at all in forced low resolution mode, no 3D acceleration. Mesa drivers crippled by vendor intentionally, requires binary blob to function.

Define "market"

I had a GTX480 reference card I bought used for $100 a few years ago, and just this summer picked up anther reference 480 for a whopping $25 on Craigslist.
I recently saw a pair of EVGA 680s for $200.

>nvidia always has the edge out of the box.
What exactly proves that this is the case and that Nvidia card don't have more performance that aren't ever seeing the light of the day?
It's absolutely impossible to unlock the literal full potential of a card. It would require a monumental amount of time.
AMD isn't the only one to improve perf with drivers you fucking mongol, Nvidia has done it a few times in the past, they just stopped doing it.

Besides, AMD price their card based on launch performance, so it's a win for users anyway.

Just got a fury x from jewegg for 320 (20$ mail in rebate as well so $300). Well worth it.

gtx1060 or rx 460/470 ?

1060 3gb

got it for $170

>buying a 6 year old SLI housefire
I wonder why they are so cheap.

You made a horrible mistake

Because some of us don't play on a decade old resolution, Pajeet.

is it worse than a 470?

hes a huge nvidia shill.

has less cores than a 6gb 1060 and you're bound to run out of VRAM for AAA games, in addition for DX12/Vulkan the 480 is faster, and Free-sync isn't a massive expense in comparison to G-sync

Is my i5 3570k going to be able to handle a 480 8gb?

yeah

Because you don't have to work with it
My job is completing computers, which includes testing (Memtest, stress test, running synthetic benchmarks, etc.)
If you have an AMD card connected to a switch and change the input, the driver will crash. This only happens with AMD cards that are from the HD 7000 family or newer.

>only 70c
My 1070 never even hit 65°C on full load
470 isn't a good choice, if i would have to pick an AMD card it would be 480, no other AMD card is worth your money imho.