What major is better and why:

What major is better and why:

Computer engineering

Computer science

depends on the school. You're more likely to find a meme CS degree than a meme CE degree though.

>computer engineering
build computers
>computer science
use computers

Easy, Mr. Bond.

>CE
Build and use computers, have more probability of getting a job way more than a CS and will probably make 100k+ in 5 years and will have like 5 kids and a nice wife
>CS
Literal overpriced codeacademy if you don't get into Maths, you will have a 30k job starting and will unlikely have a nice future if you don't get into the real shit like Theorical CS or get a MS/PhD

It's your decision, OP

CE is a meme, go for materials science or applied chem if you actually want to innovate hardware, the classical chip industry ain't employin right now

I'm majoring in CS at a state school you've never heard of, and even here it's only like 20% programming, with the rest being mostly math and theory. Which schools even let you graduate without learning that stuff?

Shit like ITT and related """schools"""" that doesn't teach you shit and are just IS/IT degrees in disguise.

But i'm glad you have math and theory though, you will be alright and have a nice 70k starting and have a similar future to CE desu

Listen to this man, OP

are you confusing CIS for CS user weeb?

Nope, i'm serious

Some are actually (C)IS degrees that have the name of "CS" since there is no math there

Op don't listen to these morons.

If you do your work right and make as many connections as possible, then you'll find a good job.

CS, it's all about software

is CS the degree to do if I want to learn coding?

yes it helps but you need a passion for it and you have to learn it on your own otherwise you'll just be another blue-collar coder... don't wait to be in class to learn, the internet is the ultimate programming resource, you can start tonight.

>coding
Fuck off

electrical

u should be a motivational speaker

I just graduated with a bachelors in CS and I am making 95k straight out of college. Obviously my experience is typical and anyone achieving any less than this is a moron

What do you do exactly?

They are both the same. HR will treat them the same.

I did IT and I'm on £49k

How do I spot a meme CS degree? What are the red flags?

From what I hear, a CE degree is basically an EE degree with some added specialties. Making a CE > CS in most cases. But then again, it also depends on the college and it's specialties.

I'll be honest, I'm a barely legal fag who will be graduating high school with an associates degree. State has a good running start program, 1 community college class = 1 year of equivalent high school classes in terms of credits. But with that degree under my belt, I hope to enter into UW Tacoma and begin my CE degree there. The only thing about it that gets my dick in a twist is the fact that I have to wait for acceptance into the institute of technology before getting anywhere near those kinds of courses. But pardon me for getting up on my soap box about my personal shit, just putting my two cents forth even if I'm just going off on a tangent.

Anything related to web development in the standard curriculum.

But the degree itself doesn't corner you into chip development. As it's generally a hybrid electrical engineering/computer science degree most places, you're prepared for all sorts of things. You could engineer chips, or you could do process control engineering, network engineering, wireless engineering, or really anything that is ______ engineering that has something to do with incorporating electronics into design.

I won't knock CS, as it's also important, but it seems to not open as wide of a range of opportunities and has a bit of a saturated market.