Where to get a flip phone like true nip?

I think smart phones with flat screen look like shit, I wanna be an anime character with a flip phone, is it even possible to get them anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

kyoex.com/kyocera-501kc-502kc-digno-keitai-tough-android-flip-phone-unlocked/
gsmarena.com/samsung_finally_makes_the_w2017_android_flip_phone_official-news-21440.php
ebayitem.com/182395694369
welectronics.com/
ebayitem.com/162306754959
amzn.asia/hTqYja7
kyoex.com/docomo-fujitsu-f-11c-metal-edge-flip-phone-unlocked/
apple.com/iphone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any phone company will still sell flip phones. What country do you live in?

Yes in Japan but I doubt they come unlocked.

New Zealand, looked everywhere online but cant find anything thats stylish and relatively updated and new

Yeah I heard its still a thing in Japan but is it possible to get in the western world?

Check out kyoex.

Japan is moving very fast to smartphones.

RIP

What brands should I be looking into? I haven't ever owned a phone so im not very knowledgeable on this topic, also, are you sure they ship worldwide? Or to NZ at least?

Japanese flip phones are already pretty much 100% smart phones

If you guys are knoweldgeable could you tell me how much im supposed to be paying roughly for a certain type of specification?

kyoex.com/kyocera-501kc-502kc-digno-keitai-tough-android-flip-phone-unlocked/

This for example, how do I know if its worth the price? Also is there any disadvantage with buying "unlocked" phones? Am I still able to connect to wifi / Browse Sup Forums etc?

>Also is there any disadvantage with buying "unlocked" phones? Am I still able to connect to wifi / Browse Sup Forums etc?
unlocked only means that you are not forced to have any contract.

Japan have very advanced mobile phone systems. They already have 5G (up to 10 Gbps) in experiments. And I don't know to check how the future tech they have is backwards compatible.

>Japanese flip phones are already pretty much 100% smart phones
I meant 5.5" touchscreen smartphones with no keypad.

>Backwards compatible
So in the worst case scenario, the phone would not be able to register a simcard in my country and therefore not send sms text messages or connect to the internet (i.e being a literal piece of metal?) Seems very risky

>the phone would not be able to register a simcard in my country
it will, hence "unlocked"
are you even fucking paying attention

There's a site that goes like willmyphonework.com or something but it's more aimed at chink phones in USA and Canada.

Dunno about japanese ones

Oh ok

Anyone can inform me on this though?
>If you guys are knoweldgeable could you tell me how much im supposed to be paying roughly for a certain type of specification?

>Snapdragon 210
>1GB RAM
>8GB storage
>540*964
>$445
>$4
>4
>5

Japan doesn't use flip phones anymore.

I don't understand sorry is this good or bad? I havent owned a phone before

Try to find out how much it costs after applying the customs fees and tax and then think hard if its worth it.

That spec is comparable to either a smartwatch or a $50 phone.

They're all shit. Don't bother with smart flip phones. Just get a feature phone.

>Customs fees and tax
What? It just says grand total in my basket is $345 if I buy a phone for that much, it doesnt show any additional costs, or do you mean when it comes into NewZealand I have to pay to pick it up or something because of a tariff? How would I even check that

Jesus christ are you serious? The only phones I actually aesthetically like are flip phones, probably influenced by anime. I really hate the flat screen iShitter design, I don't plan to play on my phone I'm buying it just for work purposes

It depends on the country, I don't know about kiwi

Buy a feature flip phone.
They're actually very good feature phones, though still not smartphones.

>Buy a feature flip phone.
I don't exactly understand what you mean, I am on kyoex but I cannot see any category that goes by "feature flip phone" there are only sharp flip phones and flip phones categorized by manufacturer?

You'll pay around 150 more according to your country's rates.

Why are these phones so expensive? an user said they had the stats of a $50 smart watch but im paying so much for it, is there a specific reason? I thought by now Japan would have much better stuff and I'm purchasing the older tech flip phones

Or am I just getting ripped off by the retailer website which is probably making 100%+ markup?

Flip phones that are not smartphones, as in, not Android.
Also don't pay >$200 for one.

Markup and unlock cost is a part of it, but these phones are super niche because very few use them, thus development and manufacturing cost is very high.

What website would sell those? I dont think I can afford to buy one of these phones from kyoex, they are all extremely expensive

Didn't japan use to have a flipphone craze a couple of years ago where literally everyone would have one? (even children/teens) Where did those go?

I want a good looking but simple flip phone (sharp design) but I don't need all these useless features such as good camera, fast processor and such... Just need it to send messages and make calls (and preferable have an ok internet connection)

Where can I get something like this?

Any place selling nip phones. That includes kyoex.

They've been using flip phones for ages. But they quickly jumped to smartphones in recent years.

You can get a flip feature phone however nip phones are different in certain ways (like how they hand texts). This may or may not be fixable, depends. Also as with all feature phones the browser sucks.

If you really really want one, lenovo, lg and Samsung also have them. Samsung's don't suck as much as the rest. But none of these look as nice.

(I still remember one of my relatives had a nip flip. It was a perl white design with simple, sharp edges. The screen was godly.)

>flipphone craze

It's 2017, this shit died years ago. Those rich enough to do so get the iPhone and everyone else gets Sony/Sharp/Other Android phones.

Japanese websites are also notoriously mobile-unfriendly and most people use email and Line for personal communication.

.Kyoex mentioned several years ago that when their providers start offering the iphone,the demand for flip phones will drop. Even the manufacturers thought this and just followed suit.

fucking this, maybe 5-10% of people buy flip phones, if that.

With the latest iphone release they finally have contactless payments for most rail services so besides most people having normal android, I am seeing more and more iphones lately, at least in tokyo.

>But none of these look as nice
Youve got that right, I went on aliexpress and looked at all the brands that sell cellphones (flip feature) and I nearly vomited

Actually pretty sad for once that im late to the party - I really hate this smartphone tech nonsense, I dont even understand why people desire such nonsense

>iShits in Japan
Fuck this man, I HATE the sight of a rectangular piece of glass in everyones hands, I'm not trying to be a hipster faggot but it just pisses me off so much how people "need to have the latest model smart phone" - half the fucking time theyre just doing shit they can do on the laptop anyway, with all that processing power I can't imagine the phone lasting more than one day because they need to browse social media/watch youtube videos on a mobile phone..

For once I seriously mean it, normal fags truly ruin everything

I mean, I understand where you're coming from, and that's why there are still a few flip phones being produced, but 95%+ people simply have no reason to buy one, so of course they cost more.

If you want a flip phone of decent quality in the US, you're paying ~$1000-1500 to import one.
If you happen to live in Japan, Korea, etc. You can get one for ~$600-1000. but they're still going to cost you more than a normal android or iphone.

The VAST majority of people in japan use normal smartphones like everywhere else.

I'm late to this thread, but things like this are oging to happen. Are you looking for a actual phone to use for talking, or just basically a tablet that's shaped like a phone? A lot of the frequency bands don't work in USA for 4g, and 2g is dying quickly here. In EU you're a little better off.

I think the main smart flipphones out there at the moment are Samsung Folder 2 (and their new one if we can ever fucking find a place to buy it since it's China only at the moment), freetel musashi (only 2g in the US b/c frequency) and a few more chink phones

Most nips use flip phones as secondary phones. When I worked there I got mine for 4500 yen (sim included, no monthly fees)

>that ridiculous price range
Confirmed for not Japanese/Korean. Keitai are cheap as fuck. 5000 yen (50 bucks) for one that can do imode, 1seg and has a camera that isn't absolute garbage

Lol nigger, I live in tokyo right now. I know you can get cheap burner flip phones but I dont know ANYONE under 30 who uses one as their primary phone.

Everyone has android and some people iphone.

Id like to use a phone just for talking and sending messages, im not interested in tablets at all (or smart phones to be honest but it seems like this isnt possible).

Is there any type of device (not cellphone) that can exchange messages with people who have phones? (Or simcards for that matter)

If I have no choice (which seems to be the case) in buying a smart phone, Im just not going to buy one at all, I refuse to buy into this cancer

Thing I don't get is if theyre still in production in Japan why not make it more stylish? See pic related, why not make it attractive but remove the stupid garbage features that is designed for other machines and not slammed into one phone and keep the phone for what its designed for.

Also, that price range I gave was for "smart" fliphones, the flipphones which are essentially fully featured android smartphones in a flip form factor.

Is it possible to find a phone anywhere that looks like except it doesn't have useless features and is just meant for sending text messages and receiving calls? If there is and you would like to, I could pay you to go get one for me and mail it to me and i'll pay you a fair fee.

I just said that in my post above. Keitai nowadays are used as secondary phones or by people who don't give a fuck (elderly, young teens). But hey, show me the lineup of keitai in the 70δΈ‡ price range if you actually think that's a thing (spoiler: it isn't).
Also fite me irl, nakano sakaue station in 10 minutes.

Those devices are niche products. You claimed you needed to pay 600 dollarinos for a decent phone in Japan and that is a lie.

>derides them but wants to be like them

>nakano sakaue station in 10 minutes
would probably take me an hour or two desu

Also the phones I was talking about that are most commonly wanted to be imported to the US are things like the W2016 and W2017

gsmarena.com/samsung_finally_makes_the_w2017_android_flip_phone_official-news-21440.php

They cost $1400+

>android
Yeah, not a keitai in my book

Meh, he should just go buy a cheap burner phone from walmart if that's what he wants.

No reason to spend $50-100 on a $10 phone when you can walk to walmart and get an american version for the same $10 you'd pay in japan.

The only difference is in japan they've got a few more smartphone-like features than the US counter-parts. But if he only wants talk+text in a flip phone form-factor, no reason whatso-ever to try and import from japan.

ebayitem.com/182395694369
what about this thing? It's android, yeah, but it'll make calls and work with 4g as long as you use Sprint and get the right frequency band. Also is completely clamshell.

>Yeah I heard its still a thing in Japan but is it possible to get in the western world?
They're dead even in Japan

iphone literally killed everything native jap lmfao

That's a feature phone, not a smartphone. It already doesn't have any of those features.

Of course he should. Only thing these keitai have is the appearance. All the nice features (1seg especially) don't even work outside of Japan.

Its literally because I hate the design, I really like the design of flip phones (cool, sleak, and sharp) see pic

Don't really like the design, looks very ugly and rounded to me unfortunately

Really? Jesus christ, because that phone would cost me $~450-500 NZD, although I do swear I saw it listed as Android v5 or something with 1GB ram on the website

>iphone
not really, android did it first.

I have only seen iphone really take off the past few months because they finally have contactless payment for some rail stuff in tokyo.

....woah

But why bother when you can just put your suica in any smartphone case. Most of my coworkers have iPhones, I don't see Android devices that often.

Might be social group too, most of my friends have android.

I'm going to bed OP, it's 3AM.

Don't be retarded, just buy a normal phone

If your priority is appeance, look for the cheapest one that looks nice.
Look for old/used phones too.

In addition to Kyoex as already mentioned, you can also check out smart flip phones here: welectronics.com/
Samsung makes some nice Android flip phones.

Cheapest one that I find acceptable is basically the same price as the one I mentioned in the pic, all the good looking ones are around $400-$500 for some reason.

>used
Won't ever buy used products no matter what they are

Eh i'll probably get a pager if I cant get what im looking for, not worth spending $1k on something I hate

>welectronics.com/
Im looking around but all I see is literally one sided screen phones? Website looks extremely old and outdated whats with that

ebayitem.com/162306754959 what about this thing? It'll work for calls, text, and wifi as long as you get from 2degrees in New Zealand. The seller can update to the latest firmware for you if requested, but the battery life is pretty meh. Also it's 2 sided, which is hit or miss depending on how much you want a traditional keitai looking thing.

Was actually looking at that couple of minutes ago, I'm not American so I'm not too familiar with ebay and how legit it actually is

>Battery
What happens if the battery dies or gets old? This could pose a serious problem as I doubt its even possible to buy a niche phone part like this without paying an overpriced fee

>2 sided
Complete miss for me unfortunately, I mean this defeats the whole purpose of the whole flip phone ideal, at most I want a simple 100x100 pixel screen which tells the time and if I have received a call or message

Thats the silly thing though, the amount of manufacturing and effort put into that phone is probably on par with yet the prices are so different its unbelievable.

>the amount of manufacturing and effort put into that phone is probably on par with
>yet the prices are so different its unbelievable.
well one is a piece of shit, the other has android 5.1, two screens, 1GB RAM, and a quad core 1ghz CPU.

>pager
You some drug dealer now?

I thought they were both pieces of shit either way and said so

Well in any case, like I had mentioned a couple of posts earlier, I don't get why they just manufacture the aesthetic design of the phone I like and subtract all the useless hardware

Its the only alternative to a cellphone I guess, unless there is something else im not aware of

>unless there is something else im not aware of
well not being autistic would be a great place to start, but you're probably beyond that point.

From here the only direction you can head is killing yourself, which for the record, I fully support.

How do you survive on your own in the world?

Seriously OP, you want a flip phone that isn't a complete dumbphone, but it also has to look good AND not be super stupidly expensive, it can't have ANY superfluous features or it's trash and you wont buy it.

Seriously grow the fuck up

>What happens if the battery dies or gets old? This could pose a serious problem as I doubt its even possible to buy a niche phone part like this without paying an overpriced fee

amzn.asia/hTqYja7 if you don't mind buying from amazon jp, it won't be that bad.

But if 2 sided as that much of an issue I guess it's out.

That one is cheap because it's chink shit.
Those phones just dropped here in my country. The p/p is a bit better but still bad.

Youre mistaken

I said I just want a flip phone that looks good, I hate all the superfluous features BECAUSE of the fact it makes it expensive.

If you JUST want a fliphone that looks good with NO regards to features then look at used phones

>he wont buy used phones

and we're back to autism

So how the fuck is your solution if you can't find something to buy a pager....???

What ASTHETICS does a fucking pager give you?

How is not wanting to buy a used phone correlated to autism? There are plenty of people who refuse to buy used goods, many logical reasons apply:
Defective goods, not as what it is described to be the list goes on for possible problematic things happening when its not new

pager just means I give up, fuck I don't even know how a pager works or if it can relay messages between cellphones, I just assume it can though because I think I heard it somewhere

kyoex.com/docomo-fujitsu-f-11c-metal-edge-flip-phone-unlocked/

Saw that one, looks real nice but no different when it comes to price, still would have to pay roughly $430 for that

Yes, welcome to the real world, when there is no market to sell your cheap goods to, you have to increase the price so when someone DOES want it, they are forced to buy it from you for your higher price since it doesn't exist anywhere else

supply and demand, demand is VERY low, supply is VERY low. And they aren't meant for this country to begin with.

Bite the bullet and spend money, or don't. It's that simple.

"immam betdur than u!!!" general. we have these every few days, the first vestiges of being a pretend old person at 25, and repeating what old people say about pcs since the 80s but now for phones.

You should be glad I'm here, I'm the shit phone salesman, helping you for all your special snowflake shit-on-purpose needs. Let me post the "alternatives" so you can autistically disregard them and we can end the thread as soon as possible so you can make another one in another 3 days.

This is an android flip phone, so you can be a special snowflake but if you still actually need something modern. so be quantally ironic. on sale now!

The credit card phone is a great alternative to satisfy all your special snowflake needs, and comes at a great price at under $10. It has even less features than your average flip phone or feature phone, so you can look super cool and above all the plebs as they turn green from jello about how you're some kind of modern 90s ninja or something. Fuck you. On sale now!!!! Also comes in autistic black. Unfortunately comes with bluetooth capability so it might be a tad too mainstream. The good news is that the microphone and speaker sucks so you have to scream and let everyone know that you have a $10 piece of shit. On sale now. fuck you.

GSM watches are not smart watches at all but an entire phone on their own. Girls have trained themselves subconsciously to avoid any male wearing a watch with math buttons, these are phone buttons, so you'll fit right in with your 80s counterpart. The best part about a GSM watch is that because you won't use bluetooth with it because bluetooth is too new and sucks, the only way to communicate through it is to scream really really loud into its speaker and then hold it up to your ear and hope you can hear them talk. This will cause people around you to believe that you are insane and screaming at your watch, so they will stay clear the fuck away from you which is what you wanted in the first place.

They also have a free model which achieves the same thing, you tape a giant sign on both sides of your body that says "I'M BETTER THAN U!!!!!!!!!" and scream at your arm pretending that you have a GSM watch on.

Yeah youre right im going to have to think about this and really figure out if its worth it

Made me laugh pretty hard, honestly didn't try to come off that way but youve got to admit the amount of people that own apple/android products is pretty ridiculous

Holy shit $10? I might get one just for the heck of it.

>youve got to admit the amount of people that own apple/android products is pretty ridiculous

It's not when you realize a modern high end smartphone in the hands of someone who has been using it (or one like it) daily for 3-4+ years can be just as productive on it as they can with a laptop (or close to it) for things like email, IMs, etc.

Hell I have my home server set up so I can VPN in to my desktop from my phone if I want, I can stream music, TV, movies, etc from my server to my phone.

They are literally hand held computers and MOST people in the world use computers daily, it isn't shocking at all.

Just thought about this as well, which would be the best site to buy it from? Is ebay legit? heard people send rocks in there or some shit

Well thats true when you can stream stuff from your pc, but why would you want to? If youre out in public walking around the only thing that should concern you is a call or txt message to be honest, if you have the time to connect to your pc at home you may as well just be at home being on your pc

How long does you phone last usually? Couldnt imagine more than a day

>Credit card phone
Where would be the best place to buy this? Im actually interested

I admit there are a lot of "phone zombies" as people put it but there's literally no other industry or product where people invent this meme all on their own that they automatically have to either be a phone zombie, or get a flip phone.

I know that some flagship phones come with a lot of bs baked in, that's why we recommend on this board to either buy something that comes with AOSP or root and overwrite whatever it was with AOSP, this is why chinese phones are superior, because they aren't under contract by shitty usa ISPs to do this. Only flagship phones sold in the usa that come with AOSP now are google products.

Also, if you happened to buy a phone where you could still just turn all of it off, there's no excuse and you are becoming the new old people. smartphones are wonderful for IT, programming, and business, and also go right in with the freetard mentality because you can install replicant on it, while flip phones have and always were proprietary. I see this time and time again and all the flip phone people who are 20-30 just keep repeating "I don't want to become a games and facebook zombie" just like how grandmas were saying "I don't want those PCs in my house" in the 80s, they refuse to learn anything about them and become flip phone creationists wherein anything made after 2007 (which is when they gave up) just doesn't exist as far as they're concerned. doing this sort of shit on a daily basis is really very quickly going to leave you an autistic lonely fuck

>If youre out in public walking around
How often does that happen? I go to work, I go home.

Maybe 3-4 times a week do I find myself out and about for any real length of time, and in those situations I now have a GPS with maps of anywhere in the world I can access instantly, I have music streaming, dozens of books I can read, web browsing, etc. Do I need that while walking around? No. but if I sit down and wait for a bus, or I have a moment while drinking a coffee? Why the fuck wouldn't I want to just pull out my phone and do something online for a minute?

Further, 90% of the time I am around wifi, I am not going to VPN into my home network over 4G, but on wifi I have no problem doing this and do it regularly. When I'm at work why would I want to listen to shitty 128kbps Mp3 online? I have a whole FLAC library at home I can stream to my phone over wifi.

And the battery lasts basically a full day of moderate/heavy use. True HEAVY use throughout the day will kill it by 2-3pm.

But hey, my phone also has fast charging so it can fully charge in about 40-60 minutes.
It also has built in wireless charging, so when i'm at work I just put my phone down on my desk charger and it sits there charging all day.

the battery meme might have been true in 2010 and not only is it gone due to proper power management, but they specifically make high capacity phones if this matters to you. open market is great with android because if you want one feature over anything else, you can find a chinese manufacturer who has made a phone totally oriented around it.

The particular model is called the AEKU M5. It is a perfect product for a backup phone if you have a GSM carrier, or a cheap 911 phone. buying this as your daily driver phone is autism tier. you have been warned.

I'll probably order it from aliexpress. Not like I urgently need it, and $10 is low enough that if I get a dud, I won't be sad.

just read up on the seller, man. Check the services offered, professionalism, all that. I haven't gotten fucked by ebay yet. It's probably the cheapest option for what you're trying to buy, anyway.

Here is a website where you can buy the phone that Japs use: apple.com/iphone/

True nip uses an iPhone.

>leave you an autistic lonely fuck
Well I'm already here and the damage is already done, so I may as well be autistic about my tech choices

By the way youre describing stuff to me it seems to fit your lifestyle needs, thats good for you man, but for me I dont go outside(apart from university) or socialize with anyone, so having all those features is useless to me

Thing I hate about aliexpress is that I made my first order like 1 month ago on 4 items

-Gaymen mouse/keyboard (don't play games)
-Earphones
-Mousepad

first 2 items have been received, mousepad on dispute and earphones still have 20 days, all of these items were ordered at the same time

pretty much given up on the earphones + mousepad, seems like literal RNG on being shipped products

Don't ever feel like ordering on aliexpress again since it takes 1month+

Is shipping free most of the time? If not I could just see myself encountering a $20 shipping fee since I live in NZ which is very far away

it varies seller to seller, you just have to click around. If they're shipping to you from Nippon with free shipping to US I don't see why it would cost to ship to NZ since it's international anyway.

Buy an LG phone underaged retard. Tracfone pay-as-you-go contract.

This guy cares a lot about aesthetics. I've been using a burner for like 6 years myself, though, they're cheap.