Intel is on suicide watch till late 2019. thanks AMD and ARM

Intel is on suicide watch till late 2019. thanks AMD and ARM

They have internal sources at Intel and the climate there is currently awful apparently, employees are very discouraged and some feel like "they have nothing left to lose". They are making big profits now by totally screwing up the future. According to the magazine, Intel is "probably in the most delicate situation it has had to face to this day". The CEO is reducing cost so much that he's managing engineers like "supermarket cashiers", he doesn't care about taking the time to train them.

Krzanich is very impatient and eager and keeps changing his mind about projects. If a new architecture isn't created in like a couple weeks, he gives up and cancels the project... he keeps sending contradictory instructions to the teams.

"Fab Hell": Intel is likely going to have a 6 month delay on 10nm. Worse, even Cannon Lake is not expected to feature any significant architectural improvement. Basically Intel was just hoping AMD would keep not competing with them.

Krzanich is apparently a disaster, and he won't be able to stay CEO for long. Apparently some people have heard him yelling from the next building when he was angry. But he seems unaware of him being perceived so negatively. Employees at Intel hope Murthy Renduchintala will replace him ASAP, and he seems much more capable and is slowly refocusing Intel in the right path, but basically R&D is fucked atm and there will be a huge empty space until about 2019. Apparently, Krzanich completely underestimated the possibility of an AMD comeback.

(I didn't really understand that point I'm not expert enough) but apparently x86 is going to disappear sooner than expected, it'll be replaced by ARM and Intel is panicking about that.

Intel is currently working on a "multichip package" (MCM) integrating an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU. So this is confirmed guys.

reddit.com/r/AMD_Stock/comments/5k31sr/i_bought_canard_pc_there_you_go/

Happy new year guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
linaro.org/blog/when-will-uefi-and-acpi-be-ready-on-arm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Coffee Lake is intel's attempt to remain supreme with mainstream desktop chips.
Adding moar coars is how intel is maintaining the ultimate performance edge in the HEDT segment.

Intel is now the moar coars company.
AMD is not the moar IPC per generation company.

I read about this a few days ago on anandtech. It's not really all that surprising. Even from the outside we could tell that their 10nm process is completely fucked, hence why Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake even exist as product cycles. A lot of the big name departures even made the news. Something is definitely up.

Like I said in the other thread, sell, sell, sell.

Only thing I learned about Intel after working for one of their acquired companies is that the average employee spends 5 minutes a day working, and 8:55 hours a day in meetings. They try to tack an hour onto the workday of any company they acquire to fit in more meetings.

>Intel is currently working on a "multichip package" (MCM) integrating an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU.
Fucking horrible.

WIshed intel made dedicated GPUs based on their iris pros

Iris pro has terrible scaling, Intels gpu architecture is only good for light 3D.

Their Iris pros are half baked iGPUs that are backed up by insanely expensive L4.

Intel also have no way into the GPU game, AMD and nVidia have the gateway locked via patent and IP. All others can do is rent some lawn space from either.

AMD ALWAYS WINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>reddit

>You wanted more competition? Fuck you cunt, now we won't compete
This is totally not what Sup Forums told me would happen

>Employees at Intel hope Murthy Renduchintala will replace him ASAP
>Murthy Renduchintala

POO IN LOO?

>Intel is currently working on a "multichip package" (MCM) integrating an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU. So this is confirmed guys.

This is when I know it's retarded .... I think

You don't think very well.

kids will just look at the video game performance because "MIPS is dummy xdddd" and so AMD will fail again because any quad core i7 will be cheaper than the octa core from AMD.

poo-in-the-loo, right.

Why would they use an AMD GPU instead of a MCM with one of their Manycore accelerators or Altera FPGA instead?

Kids are retarded, so they'll listen to what the majority voice on reddit says

What's the timescale on that slide? SR5 and SR3 when?

because it is nvidia patented, they dropped nvidia the second contract expired
Intel has no GPU tech.

I thought it was just basic patents. Otherwise why is there a different driver for nvidia and intel.

Also why would they go back to the GPU and CPU being separate dies when they've been combined for years!!?!?

ARM is like a decade away from being suitable for servers.

back to plebbit poojeet

Let's look at how well qualcom's new server arch and cortex-a73 perform

Performance doesn't mean shit. They could be as fast as intel CPUs. Nobody would buy them except for supercomputers.

Datacenters and clusters make up a large portion of intels revenue

The problem with ARM is that every SoC vendor makes their own custom proprietary shit. Nobody who seriously runs a datacenter will find it acceptable to run some outdated distribution with some shitty 2.8 Kernel with crappy drivers and then you have to put in effort to port your application to ARM which is often easy but it's still a barrier and the end result is at best the same power efficiency and performance because turns out DRAM and HDDs always draw the same amount of power which means the CPU is just a tiny part of overall power consumption.

yeah it does seem weird that we suddenly get like 3 generations of "new" products with close to zero performance improvements

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

Because it doesn't directly use Nvidia's architecture, it's derived from their architecture and it's from a pretty old architecture at this point.

So, unless they want to restart designing GPUs based on an entirely different architecture (AMD's) they might as well just use AMD's architecture directly. It's pretty damn good, and if Intel get to integrate Vega they'll be sitting pretty good on the iGPU front.

They'll definitely need to standardize some type of firmware/boot procedure

It seems like they're on the start of that
linaro.org/blog/when-will-uefi-and-acpi-be-ready-on-arm/

So is Intel going to the barber ?

well on the plus side i don't need to replace my sandy bridge laptop for a little longer

The shit wrecker did it, boys!

Time to dismantle this shill bullshit
>They have internal sources at Intel and the climate there is currently awful apparently, employees are very discouraged and some feel like "they have nothing left to lose"
Subjective bullshit. Intel is a huge company with many different divisions and subdivisions. That doesn't mean all employees in Intel feel down. Plus, there is nothing factual to back this statement up at all.
>he CEO is reducing cost so much that he's managing engineers like "supermarket cashiers", he doesn't care about taking the time to train them
Intel is cutting costs to shore up losses from their failed smartphone/tablet Atom venture. But that in no way implies that their engineers are being poorly recognized or mistreated. Intel is and continues to be one of the best places to work for in the United States. Total bullshit.
>If a new architecture isn't created in like a couple weeks, he gives up and cancels the project... he keeps sending contradictory instructions to the teams.
Absolutely false. The CEO only has broad decision and strategic powers. The CPU architecture roadmap is not created or managed by the CEO at all. All he can do is put a stamp of approval on it with the consensus of Board members. Another total bullshit statement.
>Intel is likely going to have a 6 month delay on 10nm. Worse, even Cannon Lake is not expected to feature any significant architectural improvement
Cannon Lake is still on schedule since it's last delay. And Cannon Lake IS an architectural departure from Kaby Lake, which is a refined and optimized version of Skylake. More bullshit.
>Krzanich is apparently a disaster [...] completely underestimated the possibility of an AMD comeback.
More baseless statements not at all grounded in reality.
>but apparently x86 is going to disappear sooner than expected, it'll be replaced by ARM and Intel is panicking about that.
Nope, ARM won't be a competitor for another 10 years.

>Cannon Lake is still on schedule since it's last delay. And Cannon Lake IS an architectural departure from Kaby Lake, which is a refined and optimized version of Skylake. More bullshit.

Departure does not = improvment. Skylake was a departure from Haswell but it didn't offer significant performance improvements.

Skylake DID offer significant improvements on power efficiency, cache latency, and even allows users to adjust the BCLK for a greater effect by disconnecting the PCIe and DMI lanes' frequencies from it. You just keep swallowing the stale meme that Skylake improved nothing; it did and it shows on all modern AAA games. Skylake is ALWAYS ahead by 5% or more in average FPS.

>%5
Do you not see the problem here?

thanks for that FUD, pajeet.

We couldn't have done it without you.

5% is perfectly fine improement.

fake news