Is my build absolutely trash?

It's my first custom built pc, always like hearing your guys opinion on things so ill post the speccy.

S'fine. Could use an extra 8gigs and not sure how reliable toshiba hdd's are, but eh.

Shitty SSD.
Somehwat outdated GPU.
ASRock motherboards dont are the best.

Power wise looks good, could use a real 240GB+ SSD.

>4460 with a Z series board
>ASRock anything
>1600mhz CAS11 RAM
>128 bit cuck card
>Kingston SSD
>Seagate anything

Let me guess you bought a corsair CX power supply to just cap off the whole conglomeration of shit.

How much did you pay.

ASRock motherboards pretty much are the best. Unless you want to pay premium for ASUS.

>regurgitating shit memes about brands you don't own but are fine for millions of people
>trying to act like you only use titanium PSUs when in reality any bronze or above is going to be fine for >99% of people

Pairing a non-k with a Z board is an error but the rest of it looks fine enough.

>assrock

>shilling assrock

It's super good

Paying the premium is always worth it.
Why would you not want a nicer mobo?

960 is garbage and was garbage when it was released..

120GB SSDs are usually bad value and Kingston has a bad reputation.

>windows 10 home
>paying for windows

You're build is fucking trash Jimmy.

I build PCs for a job and hobby and I think your build is vary bad.

I went to school at a good one, so don't think I don't know because I do.

would get a Toshiba HDD over Seagate any day. Great japanese quality desu

> is my build absolutely trash

who cares, it's yours. that's all that matters

You're not getting a nicer mobo. You're just paying a premium for the brand.

80 Plus rating doesn't matter for PSU quality. I've seen plenty of 80 Plus Gold shitheap supplies that are made to only output cleanly for two years.

I still use a 80 Plus power supply that I bought eight years ago, it still outputs cleanly. That is what makes a good power supply, not a fuckin marketing gimmick that focuses only on efficiency. There is nothing in the 80 Plus specs for voltage regulation, ripple, or transients.

ASRock is a terrible manufacturer; their quality control is bottom tier, component choice is embarrassing, they're nearly impossible to RMA, and they try to hide all this behind marketing gimmicks (FATAL1TY anyone?)

1600mhz CAS11 RAM is a mistake. 1600mhz CAS9 is the same exact price, and even if you argue the performance benefit is small, it's still a performance benefit. There is no reason to get the lesser RAM.

The GTX 960 was an embarrassment of a card, leveraging far too much on their delta compression algorithms to make up for the tiny bus size. At least with the 1060 they included a 192 bit bus.

Kingston uses SandForce for their NAND controllers. Everyone and their mother fuckin knows they're shit, the basic idea behind them of speeding up transfer rates through on the fly compression is a joke. The performance levels have been far exceeded by other NAND controllers. They were out of date jokes when they released.

Then know what really put the icing on the piss cake that is the V300 SSD line? A year after release they swapped the NAND in the thing from Toshiba's 19nm to Micron's terrible 20nm NAND. This cut performance in half, and they kept the same branding. They're a fucking joke.

In summary, go the fuck back to you dribbling retard. You probably fuck raccoons behind the dumpster. You're waifu is shit, and you Need to kill yourself.

>ASRock is a terrible manufacturer; their quality control is bottom tier, component choice is embarrassing
Can you give a source on that? What exactly is the issue with QC and component choice?

RMA I can believe. Their website design is visually trash too. Although it is functional at least.

They're alright, but i kinda prefer Gigabyte at their price range.

lol at this virgin thinkin he cool an shit

I have to recap their fuckin boards when shitty gaming children come in whining and screaming about bluescreens while gamin. They like to pick near bottom barrel electrolytics then paint them gold while marketing them as "Gold Caps".

Because hey, it turns out it's really hard for users to pinpoint what's gone wrong on their computers when the only symptom is random bluescreens under load. And if you try to RMA them because of this, they won't fuckin take it. So yeah I have to fucking manually recap their shitty god damn boards because those god damn soccer moms start bitching when I talk about replacing the entire board.

Fuck ASRock, fuck you.

I've had many Toshiba HDD's fail compared to any other brand, but choosing by brand alone is not very dependable. Each of em has batches of duds and gems at different times. Older HGST drives have been hella reliable for me, but i've read more negative reviews over their newer travelstar line for example. It's always worth doing some research before buying something.

my brother just bought me this computer can i run overwatch

>all this expensive shit
>850 EVO
but why, you could've gone with a 950 for that sweet sweet PCI-E M.2

using a wireless card in it
most of my ram isn't here yet, i'm going to be making a ram disk to throw shit i actually want to run fast on it

Toshiba is on par with WD.

You're probably talking about the low end boards. Because ASRock uses the same kind of shit as everyone else on high end boards. Although their PCB is nowhere near as thick as say.. Gigabyte.

Under 100 dollar boards are utter shit and I wouldn't buy them from any manufacturer. Except maybe Gigabyte, but their low end products are shit too. They just seem to be more solidly built than average.

>1080
>3 monitors
>i7

>NO OPTICAL DRIVE
>When you can't afford a $15 dvd drive to rip FLAC
You fucking disgust me

why would i rip my own music

>take my anecdotes as fact!
Careful with that edge there.

I've done it from time to time when lossless wasn't available and I owned the disc. Also burning things.

ramdisks a fun

Try grabbing a U.2 SSD later, they're pretty fuckin rare right now but a bunch of manufacturers are going to put out products for the form factor.

no overclocking on cpu,only 8gb of ram,z97 with non overclockable cpu,and a assrock mobo

>work in PC repair for a decade
>it's just an anecdote!

It is by definition an anecdote, yes. I remember the days in the early 2000s when I still bought DEER power supplies and was surprised when I got blue screens or my computer randomly started working.. then I grew a brain and I ran an Abit board with busted caps (literal brown gunk coming out of them) on a high end modern PSU stable. Turns out that if you don't want your computer to take a shit you have to buy a decent PSU not a premium motherboard.

>Windows 10
You forgot
>Windows 10
>Windows 10

>deer
>abit
please god no don't fucking remind me

I hate Deer almost as much as HEC and Bestec. Thank fucking god they're dead as companies.

>tfw want to buy new PSU
>every newegg page "lol broke in 4 months" "blew out my HDD" "Lasted 2 weeks"

And these are 80+ Gold by Seasonic and Rosewill I'm looking at

>ASRock
>Not ABit

They aren't actually dead, friend. They are still there, with a different name. Solytech to be exact.

I don't really care for anecdotes. If a high quality PSU breaks I just shrug my shoulders and buy a new one if it's out of warranty, or get a warranty replacement. The only thing I want out of my PSU is that it doesn't fuck up the rest of the components over time. So I don't have to replace motherboard, or RAM or hard drives. Replacing the PSU is easy enough.
Specially when it's modular.

In my experience, though, PSUs become unusable through dead caps way before they stop working completely. I dunno what the fuck these people are doing that causes their PSUs to get fucked or to damage components if it's on any significant scale and not random QC fail. The last time any of my components got damaged was before 2005. Unless I count a DVD ROM which mysteriously died about a year ago, but it was wired after a fan that picked up 7V from the rails which might have had negative effects on the health of that drive.

Could easily afford a completely overkill PC, but the jew inside me tells me to wait until this one dies first.

Turn this into a router with pfsense and build a new PC.

its fine....

your storage choices are garbage