Cyanogenmod for i9305

>cyanogenmod for i9305
>cyanogenmod for Z00T
>cyanogenmod for Z00L
>cyanogenmod for wt88047
>etc.

I could just download Arch Linux for my Thinkpad, I didn't have to download "Arch Linux for Thinkpad T420" so why is this shit necessary for phones? Why can't there just be one single ROM that just werks on all phones?

>cyanogenmod
Enjoy your botnet

because phones dont have 12342352 gb of space disk or 645234324 gb of ram, they cant put drivers for all phone in a single rom

Because linux also dont just work on all pcs. You need to do alot of fiddling just to get something basic like wifi working.

>I could just download Arch Linux for my Thinkpad, I didn't have to download "Arch Linux for Thinkpad T420" so why is this shit necessary for phones?
Non standard drivers.

>using google botnet

fucking kill yourself

Because of the way the ARM ecosystem works. PC is a standarized platform where you can throw a kernel that will work anywhere, in ARM there is not such thing because it is a messy embedded ecosystem. Some ARM boards don't even have a way to enumerate the available hardware, there are certain memory addresses that are hardwired to certain devices and that's it.

But they are working on improving it. Modern Linux kernels can build a single image that will work in many different boards.

look like your thread is dead op so ill ask here, anyone using that new cm14 on s3? is it any good yet?

I'm using the T-Mobile version of the S3. CM14 on it is okay but there tends to be some lag.

phones aren't internally standardized like PCs yet

Sad!

different SoCs

That's bullshit and not even the same, the only thing that's not included are proprietary drivers because the kernel is open source, and some Distros already even include them. Please kill yourself or read more.

Do you have the black version or the white version? I'm on the white version, final nightly build

Because the bootloaders and drivers aren't standard.

White version

Fuck user, I have the same cracks in the bottom left. Is the back deteriorating for you?

It's not since the phone is always in a case. Has the Camera messed up leading to bootloops for you?

Please stop tripfagging when your identity doesn't matter. This isn't reddit. Thanks in advance!

wtf are you talking about?! CYANOGENMOD not CYANOGEN you fucking basement dweller

No, but I had issues updating and com.android.phone causing a bootloop

My S3 is actually the Cricket CDMA version with a T-Mobile logic board inside.

>robot in the logo

you fell for the bait.