Best graphics card under $300?

Best graphics card under $300?
>Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814150773
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0196LWL3W/
pcpartpicker.com/list/yF6dM8
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=r9 fury&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1
youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814202186
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RX480

What version?
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814150773

Used nvidia GT 430

XFX 8 GB

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0196LWL3W/

Fury Nitro $260

XFX or MSi

No no no no, clearly you need to get a *slightly used* Radeon 9800 PRO from Craigslist.

AMD rx480 vs 1060 6GB?

480 is whomping the 1060 with amds unusually good drivers. also get 2gb more vram and crossfire option vs the 1060 max.

coming from someone who went from a 480 to a 1060 to a 1070

R9 Fury

dont pretend you need anything more than a 750ti

You guys says the r9 fury or the xfx rx480 8GB

RX480

Why the fuck would you want a graphics card under $300??

I'm a poor college student.

Don't pretend you're not a poorfag.

I do need moar.
OP here. I am poorfag, it has taken me 6 months to save up for this computer working as a network clerk

Until you don't have 1440p, any gpu better than GTX1060 6G/RX480 makes no sense.

excuse me sir, this board is reserved for intergalactic retards who don't know anything about what they are posting. go back to real life

unless someone wanted to play games at playable frame rates at 1080p
which case you need a gtx 1080 bcus of how aids developers are at producing working content

Are the GTX 1060 6GB = Rx 480?

Bait

No RX480 is better by a little bit

480 is better, allows for 8gb vram option and crossfire, and driver updates make it superior in recent times

the 1070 is basically a necessity for 1080/60 on new titles with high or better settings

or for modding the living shit out of skyrim

1060 is a meme and can only get worse, the 480 is a very capable card

used 980 ti

>crossfire
>getting two mediocre cards instead of a single better card
>thinking every game ever supports sli/crossfire
>thinking 2x rx480s has 2x performance of a single rx480

you should probably commit suicide, though the rx480 is better than the 1060 these days

Can you advice my build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/yF6dM8

The power supply is overkill but I already own it so I don't feel like buying a different one.

it's got nothing to do with the drivers. it's the games or game patches themselves. tpu already disproved that it was the drivers with their testing of the relive drivers and found like a 2.3% boost on average and about a 5% boost since launch on average. amd have had the benefit of being partnered with many 2016 releases which would naturally favor their product just like nvidia partnered games favour nvidia products.

hwunboxed did a good video on it. the 2015 games they tested had a 13% advantage for the 1060 due to most of those games (eg mgs5, witcher 3, fallout 4 etc) being nvidia partnered. they found that got reduced to 1% because many of the 2016 games are amd sponsored.

we can only wait and see what 2017 has to hold.

I don't have enough for the 1070 but I want to mod GTA and play games like battlefield 1 will the 480 be decent atleast?

when did i imply that I thought having multiple GPUs scales correctly or that every game supports multiple GPUs?
(that's a rhetorical question, because I didn't)
I just stated that crossfire is an advantage of the 480 over the 1060 because the 1060 doesn't have SLI
this is coming from someone who has never bought AMD

yeah sure
don't expect max settings on GTA, but BF will do just fine

I'm hoping ultra?

You'll have no problem in BF1, the 470 can hit 60 fps on ultra at 1440p, the 480 will do absolutely fine at 1080p

>the question isn't rhetorical. the answer is you didn't

I like to be edgy and hate people who complain about nvidia's waning support for multi gpu setups. and people with a gpu that outpaces their monitor. and people who pair an i7 with something like a 1060

Im doing that but maxed out at 60 fps 1440p with turned down aa on a 290x from almost 4 years ago

>aa turned down
>max settings

this is what people with old gpus that begin to show their age in modern titles actually believe

When i have a 1440p monitor there is literally no point of having anything more than 2x or mayby 4x AA at the most

Sapphire R9 Fury
$260
Competes with the 1070

When it works. Could even potentially unlock it to a full Fury X. But the Fiji cards seem to be extremely hit or miss.

Where do you get it for 260

get a used 980Ti on ebay

Sapphire, the only worth AMD cards are from Sapphire, if you believe anything else from other anons then you will have a bad time. They are just out to fuck with you.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=r9 fury&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Hello retard, AA has no performance impact with modern (2010+) cards anymore, literary the difference is 1-2 frames between 2x or 16x

is this a mistake or just shitty pricing management by amd? why would anyone in their right mind buy a 480 when the fury exists at the price of an aftermarket 480 and outperforms it in literally every game?

The fury x just recently dropped down, the fury was about 350$ a while back on sale but quickly went back up tto 400$. Its basically just inventory clearing pricing, and these prices just hit a week or two ago. There are reasons like, power consumption, heat, space constraints, etc. Also that the fury doesnt necessarily perform that much better, and newer titles pushing some of the AIB 480s up to or even beyond a fury.

There have also been instances where the fury cards are by far the worst performing cards in the performance lineup, which cause me not to suggest it to people when it was only marginally more expensive. But at 240$.. a chance to unlock it to a full fury x.. I would be hard pressed to not tell people to get it. Only concern would be vram limitations with a lot of modern titles not necessarily requiring, but being able to use more than that. Some more than others.

It's only on sale for 7 more hours :/

hello someone even more retarded, a lot of games that do have AA nowadays use MSAA, which will absolutely have a drastic impact on performance even on a GTX 1080.

That makes no sense at all. What kind of a fool would go through cards like that.

actually, your pic is related. Integrated graphics these days will play basically any major titles at medium settings.

Oh shit, didn't actually look at that myself. Sucks.

I went from an rx470 to a 480 myself. Sold the 470 for the same price I bought it when building a PC for someone, then paid the difference for the 480. I did that because 480s were all out of stock and retardedly priced, then two weeks after getting the 470 dropped. MSI gayming 470 to the XFX GTR 480 B.E. Both excellent cards for the price. Especially since upgrading from a 7950. The 7950 is still a great GPU, but the difference in power between it and the 470 is tremendous.

1060 if you care about GeForce experience.

480 if you don't.

I thought I remember reading that there were issues with the sapphires this go around.

Thought it was the xfx that were top of the line this go. In fact I'm fairly certain that to be the case.

The sapphire cards are some of the best performing, but their coolers are really sub par. The xfx cards are top tier overall, even competing with the MSI cards in cooling.

8GB 480, though the 4gb 470 has the best performance per dollar

AMD already has a shadowplay equivalent

I have a 4gb nitro card and It's fine

youtube.com/watch?v=zWASNajSdpg

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814202186

So I've read in the comments, sounds like a pain, but as much as a hassle as it might be, you still have the warranty, worth trying out in my opinion with that performance and price.

i just happen to have >pic unrelated for sale

what should i charge? it's 6 months old.

Box opened?

What is best site to find new deals on cards?

>giving a fuck about geefurce expierance
>but my shuduwplai

use obs

this

None under 300

Yea maybe when looking at the ground.

getting a better job and stopping with being poor

No, it can't, not that I know of anyway

Nice deal on a used GTX 980ti