>Try Hackintosh
>Everything works out of the box
>Perfect combination of Unix and stability
>Great selection of games to choose from

MFW OSX truly is the most advanced OS.

Other urls found in this thread:

osxdaily.com/2015/05/28/batch-rename-files-mac-os-x-finder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finder is still a steaming pile of shit.

good joke

>>No professional software
kek

Let me get this straight -- the drivers are garbage on Windows, but an operating system that doesn't even support the hardware at all works better with it?

I like macOS, but I'm gonna have to call shenanigans.

>>Everything works out of the box

nice try

how do people manage to fuck up installing drivers and updates? I have had zero problems with all versions of windows I've used, which are 98 in childhood, vista, 7, and 10

macfags are really stupid.

all my hardware is compatible :)

I honestly have no idea why people keep fucking this up. Why is everybody else having such a hard time installing windows? Its so fucking easy.

>Try a non-meme distro of GNU/Linux
>Everything works out of the box
>Perfect combination of Unix and stability
>Great selection of games to choose from

Hackintosh really is master race computing. Its even easier to maintain than a linux system. Far more streamlined than winshit.

I just wish the directx cartel would die so i could tell windows to fuck off forever.

>literally 2017
>Not using OSX

my wife anzu is so cute

OSX actually isn't UNIX, and hackintoshes are most decidedly not stable, the drivers don't even work properly.

Nice meme though, Linux hasn't had a kernel panic here in probably 4-5 years.

>hackintoshes are most decidedly not stable, the drivers don't even work properly
this might have been true in the past, but now that clover is a thing everything literally just works as long as your hardware is supported

That shit isn't true at all, power management is 100% broken, as is audio management, split screen mode, airport wireless bullshit doesn't work right either.

tfw no qt cockroach waifu

which distro do you use

All of you are total faggots. This is a troll, there is no way this many if you actually use this shit.

>non-meme distro of GNU/Linux
Does not exist.

>power management is 100% broken
works here
>audio management
works here
>split screen mode
works here
>airport wireless bullshit
can't test it but i'd bet you it works as well

Patch your SSDT to get proper power management you fucking mongoloid.

As for audio management. Upgrade from the garbage onboard motherboard audio to a proper DAC. They work OOB.

Wireless needs a chipset that is compatible, just like every other part in a hack. If you aren't a broke ass buy the BCM94360CD+PCI card for handoff and continuity.

Install Gentoo

I don't want to use OSX.

Those workarounds aren't satisfactory.

There is nothing wrong with Finder, but I can guarantee you'll bring up those meme issues that have been disproved hundreds of time.

>workarounds
those aren't workarounds you dumbass those are just part of the hackintosh process

i tried hackintosh about a year ago. for some reason most of the time it booted with no graphics acceleration (graphical bugs, wrong resolution, no transparency...). why?

>Just updated windows 10
>Everything now works a little more faster
>Fixed all the annoying little bugs
>Improved UI

Linuxfags BTFO

Naw, its Apple intentionally breaking shit.

They don't want any 3rd party stuff to work so they break drivers with updates. Already lacking for driver support but this just makes it even worse. They pretend to have support to keep lawsuits away.

who is this semon demon?

you literally downloaded and installed faggotry, congrats

>Great selection of games
Kys

fuck off alex

Anzu is at my house fag.Jelly?

Apple doesnt intentionally break shit, If they wanted to intentionally break shit they could kill hackintoshes in 1 day. They go out of their way to keep shit supported for hacks because it keeps the prosumers invested in the apple ecosystem.

sorry it isnt retard tier easy for your mouthbreathing ass. go install your winshit with your .exe drivers ezmode and fuck off.

hackintosh will boot in non-accelerated GPU mode for initial setup. Its basically running on 8mb of ram at that point. After the basics are set up people tend to install either the nvidia drivers or patch the framebuffer/kexts/etc for AMD support.

Hackintosh requires alot of tinkering at the start then its a breeze. its really alot easier if you pick the hardware around the hackintosh instead of trying to force it upon your PC you already own. For example I cant use Pascal GPU due to the fact nvidia hasn't dropped their drivers which means you are going to have to go with a 980ti for the fastest possible card. Its a compromise but its entirely worth it if you are a hardcore gaymen.

Been using Windows 10 since it came out and it has never given me a problem

You might be retarded, son

Are you gay too?

how in the actual fuck is finder a pile of shit? are you talking about the general DE or finder as a file manager?

do the follow configurations:

>new finder window opens home directory
>open folders in tab instead of windows
>turn off tags (unless you're into them)
>choose what to put in favorites (take off the god awful default setting of 'all my files')
>show file name extensions
>keep folders on top
>customize the toolbar how you see fit
>show path bar

congratulations, you now have the most advanced GUI based file manager out of any OS

So the only difference between Linux and hackintosh is that Linux lacks games? I have never seen often application crashes on Linux. As for games, they're desktop PC OS, not console OS, games are irrelevant. You can life perfectly fine, maybe even better/more productive without muh gayms.

>2017
>he doesn't know Anzu

>he
did you just assume their gender?

>Keep folders on top
How do you do that?

sierra only, in the finder preferences

This guy just went full retard here

>Install Windows 10
>Everything sorta works
>Best compatibility with software and hardware overall
>Lack of features everywhere though, ancient file manager about to be replaced with something with even less features
>Awful, awful font rendering, easily the worst thing and Edge makes things even worse
>Some graphics drivers are better, some are worse, the newer ones fucked up this and made this work better
>I wanted to turn off the computer quickly but I can't, it's updating
>Worse defaults and putting different themes is a pain in the ass in comparison with 8/7

>Install Linux
>Most shit works
>Font rendering fine
>No need to update at random
>Have to find workarounds or alternatives for everything, just "not as good"
>Can't install some commercial software unless I use some half assed solution like WINE or a VM
>Notifications ain't working
>Ubuntu being the only system that holds a candle in terms of both stability and user friendliness
>20 different DEs, most of them with glaring flaws
>Notifications where

>Install hackintosh
>Most shit works
>Commercial software good enough
>Actual gestures
>Most software looks similar, themes don't break shit
>However, there aren't "themes", there's just the defaults which at the very least look nice
>Good font rendering
>Notifications work, very fucking important
>Most programs can run in the background if chosen to
>Good integration with anything google
>Good enough browser
>Best fucking file manager
>It's shit at games, more so than Loonix
>Can't customize for shit, maybe the icons and that's about it
>Need to pirate a lot of shit because there's a lot of commercial software that does the same as free applications for linux/windows
>Hardware not all that well supported, though it's not difficult these days to get a new random build and find out it just werks with hackintosh
>Weird fucking keys if you have a normal keyboard
>A system update -can- break shit
>It's not obvious how to install everything at first

>because there's a lot of commercial software that does the same as free applications for linux
Why not use homebrew and macports?

Because there's no NTFS driver worth a shit that is free, or any alternative to bettertouchtool either.

>t. mactoddler

>>Best fucking file manager
Kill yourself.

That's an excellent argument sir.

Nice, havent checked the preverences since updating to sierra.

I didn't even notice that. Finder is a terrible file manager though. Explorer is honestly the better one out there. PCManFM is pretty decent, Nautilus is a better Finder. Dolphin would be good if it didn't have 99% whitespace.

I really like this image

>you now have the most advanced GUI based file manager out of any OS
That's not Dolphin.

>those mental gymnastics to justify using a patched together OS experience that supports 1/100th of the software Windows supports

"I don't need it" is not a valid excuse.

How retarded have you to be to fuck up Windows? Maybe stay out of computers. Get a tablet, OP.

>Nautilus is a better Finder.

How so? What does it even have that Finder doesn't?

But he is right. I use Linux servers all day om my work but I there is no alternative to Lightroom or Excel on the Linux desktop. Also muh gaymes.

Quit. Work. Show hidden files without Google. Easy arranging and changing of icons and folder showings. No need to click 5 menus to enable ~ in the left pane. Finder has the tags, which I don't actually ever use.
If you prefer Finder of Nautilus, care to tell me why?

>Quit
You can, dunno why you would want that though
>Work
Works just fine here
>Show hidden files without Google.
I'll give you that one
>Easy arranging and changing of icons and folder showings
Yeah, you can also change the icons by just dragging them pictures to the file info window
>No need to click 5 menus to enable ~ in the left pane.
Finder > Preferences > Sidebar, I count 3.
>Finder has the tags, which I don't actually ever use
So don't... use them? I never do either to be honest

>If you prefer Finder of Nautilus, care to tell me why?
I prefer it for the column view, file arrangement options, being able to do stupid shit like dragging files into nested folders, multiple file renaming options, being able to create a new folder with any files selected and some other shit like copying or moving files by just holding a key while dragging. Also pretty good integration with google drive, nothing worse than waiting 20 seconds everytime I open my google drive folder.

>the most advanced GUI based file manager out of any OS
can you bulk rename files with it like you can with thunar?

>>Constant application crashes
which applications?

>>No professional software like Office or Photoshop
do you actually care or is this just fluff?

>>Try Hackintosh
>>Great selection of games to choose from
What... If you're still talking about Steam, the numbers are very similar to GNU/Linux

It's not about fucking up, it's about them missing out of the box and/or being bad when properly installed. Microsoft is who fucked up.

When it's all you know, it's hard to realize it's shit.

windows hardware support is pretty bad still

Windows is the most difficult to use OS out of the popular desktop operating systems. This of course includes BSD, GNU, Mac OS, and Windows.

OSX games on steam: 4480
Linux games on steam: 3014

Windows 10 has automatic hardware detection so your computer must have some really obscure or really old ass hardware for it not to be detected.

Windows 10 Home

Cute t*rk

yes.
osxdaily.com/2015/05/28/batch-rename-files-mac-os-x-finder/

>not compatible with high-end hardware

What am I missing ?

How can you bulk rename, if you have to give them unique names? Or is it like name1, name2, name3, etc?

Anzu is a fucking twisted broad who wants to suck dicks so she can afterwards inject into her eggs to grow cockroaches

Name 1 operating system that supports more hardware than Windows.

Linux. Not even kidding.

kekekke linkeks wooddscrews wowoawiewa 3,5 gigs overheating housefireeeees no drivers ultra maximus kekes jew jews jewsss!velodensity flacs wooow 320kbps empeethree transparent java is teh sucks c++ beterrrrr tried rust?mozilla firekeks s shit pale meme qbit stalled memememme darkasmysoul.jpg shark sdcards chnese chink maki maki flavor of the month shitpaosting xdddd noctua value????why do yu hate le yt channel guy(he/she/it is kekkkk)adams apple >>>v > gtti epic performace 10nm benefits heat headatsss boiiii whaddapz freuency respnce kekek;e;e; wow much mpvfoobargalaxylg s7000 showing me le cawk boipucci lelel le mr robot arch le babbie shit why compp crsshing pls halp y not le dumbphone??i got boxwanna c wats inside it
le fell for the ssd meme xcdcd le mayyyymayssss lelellele fell for the(.......)16 memmemem
freedom freeedom freeeeeeeeeeeedom
what you are reffering to as niggerpost is in fact /nigger/shitpost
vistarooni instllerooni windooozer lele lunicki shittt omg woowow le macbook caplele allple touchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You mean workarounds and non supported chipsets: the OS?

I'm sure you're kidding.

Linux (the kernel) does have hundrets, if not thousands of hardware pieces working ootb.
if there's something not working it's either too new, your kernel too old, the hardware brand new with all new chips or an obscure piece of hardware.
You don't have to believe me, it's a fact none the less.

>>improved UI
That's where you're wrong, friend.

You don't seem to understand that the shit Linux has no drivers for will usually have drivers that work fine on Windows, we are not talking about hardware support OOTB, we're talking about hardware support in general.

the linux is ahaed even more.

windows is beterer

subjective.

Fucking this

>But he is right.
>I use Linux servers all day om my work

>werks on my machine

Yeah, that's not good enough

We're in 2017 and people still buy AMD processors

>>Install Windows 10
>>Drivers are garbage
>>Updates break the system
>>Windows store is garbage and buggy

>>Install Linux
>>Everything Works out of the box
>>No games besides Steam and GOG
>>Must use WINE for professional software like Office or Photoshop

>>Try Hackintosh
>>Everything works out of the box except wifi/bluetooth
>>A couple games that weren't on linux
>>OSX becomes a laggy peice of shit after a few monts
>>Upgrading is a huge hassle
>>general-purpose software selection is worse than Linux or Windows

Fixed it to reflect my experience

I've always had application crashes on macOS, way more that I have on Windows or Linux, and I hate feeling like I'm fighting with my OS over every little thing I want to do.

But if hackintoshing has worked for you, then good for you OP.

Gentoo is the biggest meme

Who is this qt

>aren't workarounds
>part of the hackintosh process
NIGGER, THE ENTIRE "PROCESS" OF SETTING UP A HACKINTOSH IS A GIANT FUCKING WORKAROUND!

If that's the case so is installing windows or linux distros

>things that never happened

anzu

I just really hate that they changed how file associations are handled. Have to change everything manually. Can't do it from within the program anymore. Can't change how mailto: links are handled at all.