MacOS shills

Why the fuck have so many people been shilling macOS recently?

Has Apple opened a program where you get fucking app store credit in return for shilling?
It's disgusting

Other urls found in this thread:

datamation.com/open-source/why-linux-isnt-winning-over-mac-users-1.html
smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/five-reasons-why-designers-are-switching-to-mac/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>People like a different OS than you
wow, this needs to stop right now
I'm literally shaking right now.

>people like mac

It's been a pretty shitty year for them so they've been on edge lately,

well it's the best OS by far

good joke

I'd rather have people on Sup Forums talk about MacOS than iOS or Android.

Apple is finally dying. Just look at what's going on with the latest Cuckbook and consumer reports lol. I've been waiting for this beautiful slow but steady decline for some time now. Before you know it they'll kill off the entire Mac line, and then fuck up their iCuck devices even more. By then it will be too late and they'll be dead in the water. So yeah you better believe they have cock suckers shilling their faggy little products to try and prevent their downfall

>Pic related to rustle the Macfags, most of them are faggot libcucks on top of being useless fucking hipsters

Because macOS is the best OS for productivity. I know all you autists only use for fapping and gaymen and distracting yourself from your meagre existence, but for the rest of us who are industrious. We don't wanna fucking maintain a linux machine every time its time to get work done in the morning. I don't feel like waking up one day to my computer being fucked because windows forced a update down my throat while i was sleeping.

Shit hits the fan and my hard drive explodes, my time machine backup is ready to rebuilt my system drive as fast as the drive can work. I don't have to deal with any of that bullshit when its time to get work done

You'll understand when you are an adult.

I'm an adult and one of the things I wish I learned when I was younger was not to waste money. Macs are a waste of money, they are way too expensive compared to the competition and that's final

But how much is your time worth? probably nothing if 1000 bucks difference is a deal breaker for a device required for professional work. My mac machines have saved me tons of time due to the fact they work when I need them, I really can't say the same for windows and i was a devout windows user for many many years prior to getting macs.

Get those pleb tier ideas out of your head if you want to really succeed in life instead of just pinching pennies

If you don't use hackintosh why are you even here? What's the point?

>recently
Nigga the apple fanboys have been here since 2012

this, I'd add windows to the list too.

Sup Forums is the only place online that is Mac hostile and I suppose that's a good thing for diversity's sake. Even though it is largely one autist spamming in every apple thread. Good on him for preserving the spastic culture.

Objectively, Macbooks are the best laptop hardware and macOS is the best computer hardware. As a well-meaning and genuine person I will always encourage people to do what's best for them, and in this case that means using Mac products. Even though I dislike the direction they are taking with Macbooks and macOS, they are still several dozen times better than any competing products.

hackintosh

Because it's the best OS for people who aren't NEETs

If you think it's worse or even as bad as the Windows posters here, then you are likely a Windows poster, and thus a part of a much more major issue regarding the quality of posts on this board.

>Sup Forums is the only place online that is Mac hostile
Not at all. Windows users are fed anti-Mac propaganda from a very young age and it sticks with them for a long time.

t. GNU/Linux user. I was affected and it took me years to undo the damage. Many of my friends still have an irrational hatred for Mac OS.

But user, Linux works fine. It seems like you did something to screw up your machine. I'm sorry Linux was too hard for you, stick to macOS.

>Objectively, Macbooks are the best laptop hardware and macOS is the best computer hardware.
MacOS isn't hardware but please substantiate your claim, whatever it was.

Well, OS X is hands down the most user friendly UNIX implementation ever made.

Then, when PPC got replaced with Intel, people started figuring out they could develop on Mac and build for all the OSes (Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android) at the same time, something you just can't do anywhere else. It was then when OS X started becoming the de facto OS for many developers.

Unfortunately Steve Jobs then passed away and ever since he did Apple has just been shitting on OS X and its hardware

>Well, OS X is hands down the most user friendly UNIX implementation ever made.
Please provide some evidence.

Normies don't want Linux.
They won't install it on their computers.
They won't buy a PC if it comes preinstalled with it.
They will go as far as bring their own laptop instead if your company deploys laptops with Linux preinstalled.
It must be for a reason.

>it's the best because it's the most popular.
I asked for evidence, not conjecture and ad populum.

>trump will never penetrate your boipussy with his 9 inch dick while you browse the appstore on your macbook

why even live

datamation.com/open-source/why-linux-isnt-winning-over-mac-users-1.html
smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/five-reasons-why-designers-are-switching-to-mac/

I'm not going to read some 1000-line link you just found after googling "why is macos better than Linux", if you'd care to post any shred of evidence to support your opinion I'd be happy to comment.

****WARNING****
URGENT COMMUNITY MESSAGE
PLEASE READ AND REPOST
****WARNING****

Oh, excusez-moi for not having Wikipedia-like statistics off the top of my head. I already linked you to a relevant IT blog and a more normie targeted tech site. I'm not going to change your mind either way. Fact is, few people outside of Phoronix and Sup Forums are as enthusiastic (or blinded, more like it) for Linux's future in the desktop as you are.

Apple invests unbelievable amounts of resources to fuel its under the radar marketing.

That includes paid shills on technological boards. Product placements in movies/shows and paying lot of money to influential people to use their products

It works so amazingly well, that most Apple users truly believe that they are special

>muh shills
Okay. Let's pretend for a second that everyone having a remotely positive opinion about anything non-Linux on Sup Forums is paid for.
How does that affect the outcome that desktop Linux distros are still a fucking chore to work with?

apple wants to be the teacher for the world cmon they don't care about their products they want to be the educators...

>future
It works just fine in the present =)

Nahnahnahnahnah.
OS X is the most usable *NIX distro out of the box and the most popular. BUT at the same time, GUI usability for normies doesn't mean it's better that Linux for anything-UNIX like SSH or server deployment.

>literal facebook machines
>productivity
lmao

>objectively
>an opinion
kys

>people fear the unknown
wew

because it's the best OS and we are sad that you keep on using inferior products.

But they're not.
>oh but Arch or Gentoo are
Then try not using the hardest distros.

euro and us commies are getting desperate

>apple is finally dying!!
-apple haters every year

the fact is apple makes so much money it isn't going to die anytime in the next 100 years.
Macbook's make over 10 times the entire Surface lineup.

I imagine hackintoshes are getting more popular given the lackluster MacBooks released last year. I Hackintosh for the Unix environment, commercial application support, and decent selection of games, it also looks pretty too, which is a plus.

TempleOS is the superior OS.

>Why the fuck have so many people been shilling macOS recently?
Sup Forums was likely mentioned in some homo magazine or something

A company with a market cap of $617.43 billion needs to shill on a website that has to beg for donations to survive

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

lol no

Every OS is better than mac shit.

Seen as this is a shitposting thread, does anyone know how to force the Sup Forums mobile site on tablets? The desktop site doesn't work properly and I want use the mobile site.

it's the best desktop OS, and people are now realizing this after the disaster that is windows

it's still the best, whether you like it or not

How?

- user friendly (yes, this is a pro)
- can compile nearly all the command-line tools you're familiar with from linux
- also supports industry-leading, supported, industrial-grade software (aka MS Office, AVID, Xcode, etc.)
- stable as a rock
- looks bootiful (yes, this is a pro)

...it just works. Any other questions?

I have a proxmox home server and use many linux VMs. Its great for server tasks. Its just a terrible operating system for day to day use.

You can do all of that with any other OS.

nope, if that was the case, people would use loo-nix, but they don't since its shit

>b.. b... but muh VM!!
>b but you can just use wine! its the same i s.. swear!

Can't you use all of that on windows?

>windows

Yes?

>using win-down's syndrome

Have you ever tried to do pro audio work in linux? Its a fucking disaster of monumental proportions.

Most people do.

most people aren't technology enthusiasts

What's the benefit of using mac over windows?

prove that using linux makes you a tech enthusiast, and using windows means you arent one

i'll wait

Hundreds of "little things" like this

>Final Cut Pro X
>industry leading software

Can you just give me a reason to pick mac over windows?

*NIX

Mactoddlers are by definition attention whores.

Anything else?

- actually useful multiple desktops
- absolute control over your files with no-nonsense root access
- all the power of a terminal you'd expect from any NIX
- Cocoa, an amazing programming API
- consistent design
- doesn't hold itself back due to compatibility (so no shit from the 90s like in windows)

I'm an artist so why would I need any of that?

Fucking eh. Pulse Audio has latency and general aids - manually configuring jack to basically tie a single program to my firewire soundcard that needed special tweeking in alsa feels like im back with a debian live cd in 2004

if you're an artist, you don't belong here

osx multiple desktops work just like anything else you dip

have you tried multiple desktops in windows 10?

What do you do for a living?

maintain research apps for a university

Do you need of these to do that?

No, but a man can have hobbies

>uses a macbook for serious work
Being a youtuber isn't serious work, faggot. kys

i use 3 monitors so i dont need it

t. wintoddler

Windows is used in major corporate environments while macs are used by hipsters who think their shitty indie band will take off.

t. wintoddler

Congrats, you got one example. Here is where the rest of the applefags are going to be.

t. wintoddler

They use thinkpads on those important missions son.

t. wintoddler

Linux is not Unix. I don't see how mentioning it here is relevant.

>Java
Really grasping for straws here, shill?

>
>- user friendly (yes, this is a pro)
So is Fedora.
>- can compile nearly all the command-line tools you're familiar with from linux
Fedora can run 100% of those commands (without getting them from homebrew)
>- also supports industry-leading, supported, industrial-grade software (aka MS Office, AVID, Xcode, etc.)
This is your only actual argument.
>- stable as a rock
Lol no, not at all compared to actual stable distros.
>- looks bootiful (yes, this is a pro)
So does Fedora.
>...it just works.
So does Fedora.

So you have 1 valid point and brought up a bunch more to make it seem like a lot. Now I don't use that proprietary shit that you decided to be industry standard, so why should I care?

They didn't get to 617.43 billion by sitting on their asses. Sup Forums is just place that is viral marketed.

Ad hominem. Also Linus gave up on the macbook and said it was a terrible computer, I think he now uses a Pixel.