Libre GNU/Linux Distributions

Which free/libre GNU/Linux distros do you use, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

None because they're all outdated and unmaintained shit

Maybe it's worth the freedom?

What freedom do you have if you're not free to choose your distro?

most retarded post of the year so far

dumb noteposter

What freedom do you have if you run an OS that has backdoor access to everything on your computer and can force you to remove and install any application it wants? Or when it can spy on you and does so 24/7? What freedom do you have when you aren't allowed to modify anything and on some machines aren't even allowed to install another OS?

None, because I have a job

I can't do freetard. Switching to Linux can be debilitating enough. Going freetard is like cutting your legs off.

I use Arch Linux. It's open source so please show me the exact code that is responsible for the actions you claim it does. Oh, or perhaps you assumed I was using Windows 10? In that case stop fucking assuming my OS, shitlord. Besides, what does the OS matter when there are hardware backdoors?

oh

Void Linux/free/proproetary ;^)

This is textbook paranoia. Prove it happens or go choke on Stallmans dick.

You remember that popup you got on windows 7? That was a forced update. It happens.

It literally says that in the win10 eula. Apart from that you can run wireshark and check all outgoing packets when you open an app or do something in windows.

Windows RT doesn't allow you to install a different OS on the tablet, someone managed to break through it but they patched it again.

Microsoft have been trying to trick people into upgrading to windows 10, for example they removed the X button and before they did that, the X button didn't actually cancel anything but automatically schedule an update. Microsoft even ADMITTED that they were being too aggressive with windows 10 upgrades.

Oh, forgot to add evidence to gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.en.html

You can see all the shit that windows does listed here, and if you follow the links you'll get to the appropriate source

Did you just assume I didn't write my own architecture and forge my own processor?

I'm talking about

>What freedom do you have if you run an OS that has backdoor access to everything on your computer and can force you to remove and install any application it wants? Or when it can spy on you and does so 24/7?

Forced updates isn't exactly a new concept

If you don't define that as a backdoor, I don't know what is. By all means, enjoy your windows install for the purpose of playing video games.

Yeah, and they're wrong. Microsoft also adds an extra layer of bullshit by not just flat-out telling you that you HAVE to upgrade to windows 10, it just deceives you into upgrading. How fucking vile is that.

Parabola is just Arch with a package that conflicts with anything non-free and an added repo that contains said package, linux-libre and other free replacement software (IceCat, etc). It also allows you to migrate from Arch without reinstalling. I wouldn't bother unless you want a free as in autism distribution, though.

trisquel is the only acceptable one

I might switch to GuixSD

I don't think you fully understand how fucked the concept of forced updates is
It's like being forced to fuck a prost without a condom

what's your opinion on gNewSense?

GuixSD actually seems kinda nice but I'm just not sure if it's ready to be used as your main driver. I might try it out in a VM and see how it works.

They would all be okay if they came with proper window managers and panels.

Like fucking seriously. Is it even possible to get a FOSS distribution of GNU+Linux with a FOSS Panel that allows you to use a search tool?