Just finished downloading Linux..

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MFW some shitty antivirus program is essential to the upkeep of my machine

This is the distro in question.

Is it an ISO? What is the issue?

Where does this prove your claim?

OP's image was posted yesterday as a warning against pirating software from torrents. This OP has added the bit about Linux. OP is a faggot.

Sup kevin.
Any startpage thread active?

superantispyware is afraid linux will put them out of business.

Is this the new D-E-S-K-T-O-P thread?

How do you install shit on Arch? I used Arch-anywhere ISO, installed Cinnamon like you.

Now I use something like pacman -S arc-gtk-them and it says package not found. Pretty much every package I used on Debian is not available. I even looked up the package name on Arch wiki, it doesn't work.

your mirror lists might be fucked up

arc-gtk-theme is on the AUR, for some reason you can't install packages from the aur with pacman
Read this entire wiki post
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository

Install pacaur and use that to install aur packages

Why isn't AUR integrated into Arch install? Ubuntu has Canonical repos built in so you can install everything with apt or add new PPA.

This is annoying.

Linux wont prevent you from installing trojans.

theme?

This.

make one please

It's not hard to install an aur package without an aur helper in the least.

Essentially two commands.

It was left user enabled, because it's community made packages. Therefore it hasn't been vetted, however it's usually safe.

You should be able to install a large majority of programs through pacman, and every thing else is on the AUR

People understood your frustration that installing stuff through the aur was silly and stupid so pacaur was made.

Pacaur has exactly the same flags as pacman, except if it can't find it in the official repos it'll automatically search the aur for it, and automate the install process.

adapta gtk
paper icons

okay thanks, that removed the roadblock. i like how arch cinnamon had only like 480 packages with a working desktop.

But when I screenfetch on Windows 10 it shows I have 0 packages so checkmate Linux.

i have over 3000 packages, you gotta be prepared for the end times, my friends

Happy New Year to you all

Hi Terry

I love this place, sometimes. LOL.