This is the peak of UI design in OSes. When will we get rid of the flat shit that it's ubiquitous right now?

This is the peak of UI design in OSes. When will we get rid of the flat shit that it's ubiquitous right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3O40cPUqLbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2000 called and wants its gradients back.

if anything is abusing gradients is the new flat meme

The TRUE peak of ui comming through

superior UI reporting in.

>wanting icons that are basically objects

riced arch is the peak of ui design

>you will never be able to make sierra look like this

I'm a linux user now, but have always preferred the Windows 95 look. Macintosh DE doesn't make sense and is difficult to use in comparison

Some nigger made an entire display server that has an amiga-like window manager if you're into that

youtube.com/watch?v=3O40cPUqLbU

When the community starts supporting Mavericks.

This was the real peak.

why go on living?

It all went downhill after the GUI.

Mavericks really was the best looking Mac OS. It was still Aqua, but had years of incremental refinements and trial and error baked in. It had personality but still managed to be somewhat reserved. I wish I could make Sierra look like it – the modern flat look is muddy and uninspiring.

Tiger definitely comes second after Mavericks. Leopard futzed it up with the way-too-dark metal look.

Preferable to nondescript, mostly-blue blob icons.

It all depends on what you grew up with. I grew up using Macs, and so now Windows seems like a clusterfuck of a desktop environment to me. If macOS died tomorrow I'd be using a highly customized Linux setup, not Windows.

>tfw yosemite was the last os for mac customization

first evidence of a osx walled garden, but shiieet

Apple isn't directly going after customization. The OS, for the most part, is as customizable as before… if you compromise the system's security (disabling SIP). Deep customizability/hackability was lost as a side effect of making the OS more secure.

Those all look hideous though.
Mind you, I think apple should come out with some actual options so people can customize shit, but everything in that app was fucking abysmal.

>first evidence of osx walled garden
nigga what planet are you living on?
they've been walled garden ever since they stopped letting you install it on non-apple-certified hardware.
(eg: since ever)

>skeumorphims
I vomited a bit of NYE's (year of our lord 2017) dinner in my mouth

>non-apple-certified hardware
You have only been able to do that since they switched to x86, before that it was all special hardware you dummy.

As someone who never used any Apple product I have to say this design is a nice balance between practicality and eye candy.

OSs these days, particularly mobile ones are just a shitpile of ambiguous icons because god forbid we use letters anywhere.

>OSs these days, particularly mobile ones are just a shitpile of ambiguous icons because god forbid we use letters anywhere.
And reasonable contrast and distinct, easily glanceable shapes are totally out of the question

if you can't make it in Illustrator in 3 seconds it's not fashionable

>ever since they stopped letting you install it on non-apple-certified hardware
You mean I shouldn't have been able to run Sierra in a VM? Or on my ThinkPad?
Oh, dear... so sorry. I didn't think there were any restrictions on the hardware except in the EULA.

agreed

How I wish for a really high resolution version of that wallpaper.

>t. mactoddler

Whenever Jony Ive fucks off from software and sticks exclusively to hardware, and whenever Scott Forstall is brought back on so that Apple doesn't shit out buggy turds.

cozy

i3 and tiling WMs are the peak of UI design

aesthetic.

flat = lazy

Who's working on the Tiger theme for Sierra?

This is the peak of UI design.

>literary just takes a few files from Tiger to make Sierra like that

I miss that dock theme every single day.

>muh loonix I can customize everything, just clicking here and here
>I'm too dumb to actually customize without an UI
yeah and they call macfags toddlers KEK

3d and skeuomorphism is worse. Flat is bland if done badly, but it can be great too.

Anyways
>being so concerned with design

I thought this was a technology board.

God damn dude, your autism is fucking terrible. Your gay little project looks like shit.

>DeviantArt

Wrong, the peak was Mac OS X 10.3. If it didn't have the brushed metal it'd be perfect.

Tiger's great too, needs more pinstriping though.

hihi

Eat a dick

!!

We need to go back with this UI

really wisher kde goes flatter!

Oh that fugly browser #113 . And what's with that kindergarten bump? Get that shit outta here. Picasso must be spinning in his grave.

Embrace Vista.

as much as i hate apple these days
i have to agree with you, OP

i dont particularly enjoy skeumorphism, but the right amount IT'S GLORIOUS

the same happens with flat monochrome designs: it can work, but you have to avoid overdoing it

i still remember when this guy was fired, and every applefag was justifying, and blaming the guy for everything

anytime someone pointed out about the new UGLY AS FUCK FLAT NEON COLORS they would drop the 'yeah... you like your leather calendar?... fagot'

We have 2D monitors, why would anyone want a 3D design on them?

>UI
>CLI
>any form of input/output
fucking neo-Sup Forums

pretty cool

>dock
>peak of anything

right?
>twenty-fucking-seventeen
>not being your own self contained universe

Vista was unironically the best looking Windows OS ever made.

Right?

There is no "peak" of UI design. If you are reffering to usability then you might be right (but still you are not).

wrong

This. Best mixture of 3D and flat

the best looking turd still looks like shit though

Can't do much, other than switch the wallpaper and the icons.

>waifu2x

This is the best UI

This is incredibly soothing, what is this?

make way for the pinnacle of UI achievement.

Nah, Snow Leopard was.

OPEN LOOK, the window manager made by sun.
Still included in most linux distros as olwm and olvwm, but the graphics have changed slightly

Interesting, thank you user.

Man I remember when Mozilla (the browser) looked like that – the Netscape 6 era. Buggy as fuck with crashes left and right, but it looked all "modern" and didn't constantly stall out like Communicator 4.7x did.

>not using Bananadore PootOS

lmao

Platinum is damned handsome even today. With a couple of tweaks I think it'd work just fine in the HiDPI era and wouldn't look all that dated. It's somehow aged better than the Win9x look has.

If only

IDROS is way comfier.

What could have been....

Too bad haiku is still unstable, would otherwise run perfectly on my T60p

Is there any way to make my ubuntu look aesthetic as some of the pics posted in this thread?

Most namely these ones:

rip in pieces best dock.

Unpopular Opinion: Windows 10 flatness is fine

Those are just mockups.

You can install Windowmaker to make ubuntu look like a next workstation, mwm to make it look like an ancient X terminal, Trinity to make it look like KDE3 or 2, CDE to make it look like an old unix workstation and so on.

I'd say it's fine if it was CONSISTENT throughout the entire OS. It's not though.

Have your (you)

Thanks man

Nothing wrong with Sierra desu.

It's possible. Really really tedious though.

Pleb

wtf i swear i already posted itt

why no mai

A shit.

do not bully mai around me ever again or i will end you

pshhh, kid

you're also missing hakaseeeeeeeeeee