Powerline fuckery

I'm getting cucked by having to use wireless adapters to connect to my network but I occasionally get disconnected because my signal is not really the best and I get half the download speed I should be getting.

So I decided I'll get another Powerline kit and connect it to my PC.

I already have one kit connecting the router to the IPTV/STB for TV and when I connect the new kit to my PC, it kills the connection to the STB.
When I restart the STB it gets connection again but kills the PC connection in the process.

So it's impossible to have both connections at the same time. Whenever one connects the other connection dies. I tried with the third kit from other vendor and different setups etc. I get the same shit so it's not the problem with the adapters.

But interesting thing is when I try to connect 2 PCs then it works. But STB and PC doesn't.
So STB seems to be causing the problem.

Any help with this please? I'm about to smash these shits into the fucking wall.

Other urls found in this thread:

open-mesh.com/products/access-points.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't think you would be able to use two sets of these on the same circuit. You're expecting too much from a dirty hack.

are they completely different adapters? you should be able to add a new one to your network no problem as long as it's compatible

Yeah I thought so too but like I said, 2 computers work but when STB comes into play, then it starts dropping connections.

I wish I could just simply use ethernet cable but it would just be a huge mess having it around the house.

Yeah they're all the same.
But it should work even if they were different because they all use the same standard that enables you to mix them.

invest in mesh wifi

few things and you are set forever

Just buy a fucking WiFi repeater (find one that's AC1200)

Right, but these are power lines we're talking about. Some people can't even use these things. It depends on the quality of the house wiring.

If your house is wired for cable you can use coax adapters instead. or just run some fucking ethernet you dumb twat.

First time I hear about mesh wifi.
But it looks complicated and expensive to connect to a simple home network...

I wish it was that simple. My telephone line is placed in such a retarded position it would take a lot of work to even hide those covers.

But honestly this seems like the best option, maybe I should spend some time figuring how to do this.

Wouldn't that add more latency that there already is?
I also wanted to move from WiFi because I noticed it takes a lot for pages to start loading.
When I'm on ethernet it loads instantly.

>But honestly this seems like the best option, maybe I should spend some time figuring how to do this.

could also help

Sup Forums is your personal tech support

Had this problem recently. Ended up needing to press the security button on all of them in order to get them to exchange some kind of security with each other to verify they could all be on the same network.

it's not

open-mesh.com/products/access-points.html

I have the one in my router, then one in TV, PC, and my guest room. Works great, I dunno what you're doing wrong

How is the latency/ speed, is it as good as or better then wifi? Is it as good as ethernet?

dont those fucking things fry ethernet cable slots? or worse the mobo entirely.

They should have some kind of channel switcher or something like mentions.
If they don't you got jewed.

I got the ones you posted there.
Compared to wireless, powerline adapters are much more stable in terms of latency and bandwith. But overall theyre often slower than a 5ghz wireless connection. Always remember theyre pretty insecure too, anyone can go and plug a third adapter in.

I have a powerline, one connects to router then the one upstairs connects to a switch, then I connect the switch to my desktop PC, smart TV, chromecast and steam link. Maybe that's the kind of setup you need.

>anyone can go and plug a third adapter in

They've been using encryption on these for years now, they're completely safe. The encryption is why you have to "pair" them when you first plug them in.

Good powerline adapters are expensive as fuck. Look into devolo.

>run cat 5 through the wall/attic
what's the problem?

I had them paired and was able to plug in a third one.

I downloaded tplinks utility program and changed the network name. That's prob why you were able to. I'm assuming netgear the same applies.

>wireless
no thanks, i'm straight

Thinking about getting a powerline adapter cause I'm fairly far away from my router, have no direct ethernet connection without drilling and routing cable through several walls and a ceiling, and have a wireless card that's shitting the bed and no replacements look reliable.

My only issue is the house is old and has 1950s era wiring. I don't know to what extent this will be a problem.

I don't get it?

Holy shit those things are expensive.

just use different frequencies.
also
>dirty hack
lmao

its a fucking ball ache when a neighbour doesn't encrypt and you have issues connecting two up without at least one of them swapping. Gave up in the end and got a decent WiFi card

They're fucking gay. Get an access point.

You fucked up, you have to connect one power line to the router and use the other two to connect to the different PC's, you're welcome. IE you don't use all four adapters.