It's 2017 and Sup Forums is still trying to meme me into installing a server OS on my Windows desktop

>it's 2017 and Sup Forums is still trying to meme me into installing a server OS on my Windows desktop.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I am not going to be one of the countless retards who fell for the Linux meme and installed Linux only to find out it was a huge buggy mess and wasted time installing Windows all over again.

I don't know if this is Sup Forums's way of manipulating people into wasting their valuable time trying to crowdsource bugtesters to try to convert their server OS into a desktop OS for free but it's not going to work.

Say no to server OSs like Linux. Wait until Google makes a real desktop OS from a custom Fuchsia kernel and then try that.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/image/C0MksLxfctAjDTHuEvYd5g
youtube.com/watch?v=0qrvyq5pgng
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
peppercarrot.com/
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wait for an OS from a company whose products never leave beta

>Pajeet has to work on holidays for extra rupees

>I have never tried something yet is a buggy mess because someone told me so XDDDDDFDDDD

Please, fuck off. You know nothing about computing, nor technology. You're an idiotic sheep who listens to what others tell him. This is quite literally "memes" personified.

Top notch bullshit bait. Do you really have nothing better to do in your life than post this shitty bait, over and over again, penguin.jpg?

rbt.asia/g/image/C0MksLxfctAjDTHuEvYd5g

You're honestly worse than nonfree pizza, or sixteen gigabyte suicide, or any other idiotic Sup Forums spammer

>oh boy *snorts* time to fuck with Sup Forums again *snorts*
>heehehe linuxceees xddddd
>better LOAD up penguin.jpg on my officially licensed Microsoft Windows install
>better talk about shit i know nothing about, that will show 'em!
>heh, fucking linuxfags
>>keekk

Linux is a kernel, you uncivilized ape. Care to tell us which distro you were using? I know for sure that Debian works flawlessly on every machine I've used it on. So this was either a user problem or you tried Arch/Mint.

>implying

triggered as fuck

If you think Debian works without user intervention you need a lobotomy.

Yea this dude is stupid as fuck.

>taking advice from a board who's posters never leave beta

It's a desktop OS that's also the best option for servers. Don't you have Wikipedia in your country?

It's a server OS

but it does

It can also be a server OS but that doesn't make it a server OS. It can be installed on pretty much anything which includes servers, but it was originally made for desktop use and it has always had those capabilities. Just because Adobe doesn't make their shit to work in it (which is always the only reasoning even though it's a terrible one) doesn't mean that it's not for desktops.

fuckken ROASTED

youtube.com/watch?v=0qrvyq5pgng

>it's a pol post

Wat

>Google
Enjoy your botnet pajeet.

i call it GNU + Linux

Clearly you seem to think something is broken, so why not try to fix it?
It just works on my machines.

I see it must be work hours in India.

>If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Windows IS broke and have been it since Vista at least.

>>> Richard Stallman reads this
>>> Furiously beats off his tiny dick
>>> Removes curling iron from deep within his own asshole
>>> Makes plans on what he can do to be a disagreeable cunt for the rest of the day

Sup Forums thinks everything is "broken" because they have no lives and need some activity to pass the time...thus they install Linux...over....and over...and over.

There's people here who have used 10 or more different flavors of Linux and they still can't decide what to stick with.

I'd argue that Windows gets fucked up and needs re-installing more often than Linux.

Dude, trip code!

Remove it if you don't want to look like a retard : ^ )

OP from yesterday's thread on Mint being a bag of shite here. I feel ya - people have been trying to meme the Linux year of the desktop for so long now that even Duke Nukem Forever has been and gone and that was a "lol maybe this year" for what seemed like a lifetime.

Google will be the only ones who can give it mainstream appeal, just as with Android and just as they're already doing with ChromeOS as they're the only people who write for Linux who have any sense of user experience and aren't just programmers writing for other programmers. Everything Google is botnet as fuck, but not like normies care about that.

That said, the problems I had yesterday related to 1) Mint being a buggy steaming turd and 2) The other distros I messed with being obscure ones - those types where they're maintained by like one guy who doesn't have time to fix anything so has like 10000 bugs open but is too much of a control freak to accept anyone's pull requests. (Which is most OSS summed up)

Running Ubuntu Mate here and finally have something that works properly. The underlying distro is solid, and it reminds me just how dumb it was for GNOME to abandon its very well developed 2.0 code base to build an iOS clone in pursuit of tablet memes. Finally I have something now that is actually working better than Windows 10 for most things - until I want to do gaming or photo editing anyway.

>I'd argue that Windows gets fucked up and needs re-installing more often than Linux.

Not on it's own. Maybe with malware. Never had to install Windows again.

lol

>If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
A computer that shuts down randomly cause muh updates is broken to me

>I am not going to be one of the countless retards who fell for the Linux meme and installed Linux only to find out it was a huge buggy mess and wasted time installing Windows all over again.
Windows has more bugs than linux. And you only spend time installing win cause linux takes 5min.

>I don't know if this is Sup Forums's way of manipulating people into wasting their valuable time trying to crowdsource bugtesters to try to convert their server OS into a desktop OS for free but it's not going to work.
Yup the power of the botnet is too big already.

>Say no to server OSs like Linux. Wait until Google makes a real desktop OS from a custom Fuchsia kernel and then try that.
The kernel desing of fuchsia is literaly more server oriented than linux.
Happy botneting OP

>Maybe with malware.
Yup, and Linux doesn't have that problem.

Windows only gets malware if the user is stupid. A stupid user will also get a Linux install infected.

Right, Linux just needs to worry about the malware that comes with the system, like shellshock

>A computer that shuts down randomly cause muh updates is broken to me

Linux also restarts to update the kernel.

>Windows has more bugs than linux

People here complain more about having to fix a Linux install than fixing a Windows install.

Windows has malware by default.

2017 is only starting and there's already cancerous threads everywhere.

just like Linux lol

That's just your opinion.

>software that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems.

The entirety of the Windows Update system is malware.

ok kid

Again this is nothing but your opinion

No it isn't.
Windows update disables your computer, its a textbook definition of malware.

what version of windows are you using?

>Technology board
>Windows shills
It's fucking 2017, just give up

Windows is technology....?

>Linux also restarts to update the kernel.
The difference here, is that Linux asks first. You can even delay it indefinitely (at your risk). Windows does not - in 10 there's no way to disable the reboot, it literally dictates to you "you will reboot right now, or I will do it for you later, whether you have anything open or not".

windows asks too lol

if you are tech illiterate, yes

you don't go on Sup Forums if you stream

you don't go on /lit/ if you hate reading

if you can't even get fucking Linux Mint running, you don't belong here

So? You decide when it can restart.

what

What linux you're using btw? Mine do a hot-reload on kernel updates :3

You still have to schedule a time within 24hrs or so. If you're doing something that takes longer, or you're in a habit of leaving things open and just using sleep, you're fucked.

Hmm that's new, will look into that. It's a fresh Ubuntu install

uh huh, okay

>You still have to schedule a time within 24hrs or so.

So what? Isn't that enough? Stop being a retard. It takes seconds to save your work.

Linux should also force you to restart within a certain time to ensure you are up to date. Freedom to not update is bad for users.

do you pol faggots even technology.
fuschia is meant to be an IOT microkernel. I wouldn't be surprised if google home is using it now.

>It's okay if a third party says how and when I can use "my" property
>being this beta

>Linux also restarts to update the kernel.
But only when you want and only for the kernel.
>People here complain more about having to fix a Linux install than fixing a Windows install.
Thats because you can't fix windows, only microsoft can. But they don't...

The last time i did a hot reload on a kernel it killed my WiFi card which to this day remains unusable.

Would not recommend.

Hi OP, thank for creating this thread to help to break some myths about linux, the following is pasta but it provides some extra background:

Kicad
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
Natron
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
Blender
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
Lightworks
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
Kdenlive
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
Unity3D
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
Opentoonz
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
Godot engine
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
BricsCAD VS Autocad
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
Bricscad
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
Freecad Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
Freecad BIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
Freecad & 3D printing
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
Gimp 2.10 features
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
How to install photoshop on wine
youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
Digikam
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
Pixar Film Production
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
Linux art 1
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
Linux art 2
peppercarrot.com/

Also if the games topic arises the following is pasta too but relevant:

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

nice posts

Oh boy, I still remember when I fell for the meme, and this is the first time I'm writing about it since I mostly lurk.

The experience was awful from the begging, the installer wouldn't dual boot without me fiddling with the partitions, always crashed, and shutting down the system would always give me a black screen with some letters. Software was awful, I was required to install plugins to play MP3 AVI and whatnot and I didn't have an Internet conection at home at that time. Switched from Ubuntu to xubuntu then to mint. Never again boys

Did you stay with Mint?

I went back to Windows 10 after Ubuntu.

No, it's not. I decide when I reboot my own computer. Enjoy your continuing slide towards authoritarianism and being told what's "for your own good", "for the greater good" and how to use your own equipment.

You are just another libertarian autist. Reboot and shut the fuck up you stupid pothead.

You can't reeducate me, comrade. But nice try.

Shill

>implying a commie would use Windows

kek

>The last time i did a hot reload on a kernel it killed my WiFi card which to this day remains unusable.

kek

are these daily Windows posts all the same guy?

Did someone say Server OS?
Let me tell you, Vista+Server makes the best combination.

Hey. At least you admit Windows is not a suitable server OS.
1.4/10

no

nice 5.6+ghz bentium 4 :DD

i wasn't convinced installing linux now, and seeing this post has solidified my feelings

STONE COLD

You'd be wrong. I haven't had to reinstall or repair Windows since 1996, unless a drive shit the bed.

Or that decides to randomly drop projects when they realize they are fiscal dead ends. Google has no commitment to anything which is why I avoid as much of their shit as possible.

>At least you admit Windows is not a suitable server OS.

yeah that works for me

This pretty much

nope