Emojis:

Emojis:

Good or bad thing?

:^) I like them xD

good. we can replace common tech-related words here by emojis: ⌨

wtf most of them not showing.

emoji bad emoticon good

I don't understand why they are suddenly a topic. When I was young back in 2003 on aim we had smileys. What the fuck?

Bad.

Back in the days actual effort were needed to troll/shitpost.

Now? Post a single eggplant emoji on github and the whole internet loses it's mind.

Overused, but useful. Hating them is autistic. If you don't like them, just don't use them.

I wouldn't say its "suddenly" a topic, people have used and talked about using them for years. They had a surge in popularity between like 5-10 years ago with the increase in touchscreen phones, because people could just press the emoji they wanted with their finger and not have to scroll through a million of them or memorize smilie codes like :*) or whatever

Because around Chrome version 52 or so, which was like 4-5 months ago, Google added emoji support to Chrome then everyone started using them.

Dis sux B==D

There useful in the way that they can show how someone feels while texting, it gets rid of the guessing when reading someones text. But the way they are commonly used is autistic

Fine if not abused.

1 at the end of a sentence is fine as long as you don't end every sentence with one.

I like them.

>when something from your childhood is now the hip, new thing

Is this how old people feel about bellbottoms?

back in the olden days we used to call them smilies

smilies were here long before most of you children :)

Redpill me on emojis. What's the difference vs smileys?

Standardization with unicode

every manufacturer uses their own emojis that don't exactly show whate they are supposed to show

emojis are overcomplicated emoticons but i guess in age of itoddlers everything has to be hd and here we are

in my country there was an IM that made heavy use of gif images as a part of service - essentialy todays emojis but not coded

if you typed you got pic rel

the good ol' times of gadu-gadu

desu senpai

It is a symptom of normies taking over.

I don't mind them in moderation. They suck when people use them like those black people twitter images.

REEEEE GET OUT OF MY UNICODE

Lol yeah.It really foes feel wierd seeing mellenials go crazy over this shit.I was in the store and damn near every product was emoji themed , pants,pillows,shoes,candy etc

pretty fairly slightly unnecessary

>using the smiley with a carat nose

In theory they're fine and useful for simply communicating emotions through text. In practice you get people writing shit like "LMAAAOOOOOO :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::okhand::okhand::okhand::okhand::okhand::okhand::okhand::okhand:"

That's fine. I mean without emojis it would just be LMAAAOOOOOO. I don't see the harm coming from the emojis.

LMAAAOOOOOO by itself is bad but the emojis are like literary salt that enhance how bad it is, especially with their overuse.

xD

okay hand

Absolute cancer.

Normal people used AIM. retard