Ubuntu

Should i install the long-term support version (16.04) or the newest version (16.10)?

>installing a botnet
ISHYGDDT

> Not using Antergos/Manjaro

are u even trying

LTS if you are installing a server that is supposed to be put into production. The newest if you are using the server for personal use or if you are using it for a desktop/laptop

Actually, i want to install KDE neon or Xubuntu

linux mint cinnamon

you can see all the internal hard drives in the side bar in the file manager

LTS if you use PPAs

Most PPA maintainers only support LTS versions

How's the AMD driver situation in 16.04 or 16.10?

Has amdgpu-pro driver been finished?

Is there a Catalyst/Crimson/whatever gui for AMD GPUs in Linux?

install gentoo

what part of botnet was unclear?

LTS is for servers m8, or forks of Ubuntu like ElementaryOS

>Manjaro
The guys who can't update their repo certs before expiration?

16.10 is like playing (dare I say it?) Russian Roulette. I apologize for any feelings hurt in advance.

>Not using arch

All of amazon's stuff has been removed. It was never in xubuntu. You are an idiot.

Someone answer this man. I'm waiting for this to happen too so I can use Linux without wanting to kill myself

Same question here

user with RX 480 on 16.04 here
To answer the questions:
>How's the AMD driver situation in 16.04 or 16.10?
Really good, with only one problem (which I'm use to, but will explain later).
>Has amdgpu-pro driver been finished?
What do you mean by that? I didn't have any stability problems since the new driver was released, if that is what you mean. Otherwise, some features are missing from Crimson.
>Is there a Catalyst/Crimson/whatever gui for AMD GPUs in Linux?
Nope, all cli and xorg configuration. It is very usable, however. I don't really see a need for a gui (Unless you need to overclock, which they did recently release a cli tool for it, but it sucks).

I can answer other questions if you like.

How is the Hdmi support?

(OP)
>16.10 is like playing Russian Roulette.
Why?

Meant for

Because you get new updates on your applications... Of course they are all tested, it's not a rolling distribution... But maybe an application gets a new feature that you absolutely hate or a feature that makes you depended on the application to a larger degree because it makes something simpler.

Maybe you are trying to learn something, but a new update gives shortcuts and then you never get to know how the things really work.

With 16.4 you don't look so out of place if you never update your computer.

Because Ubuntu is famous for rushing things out the door. 16.04 was a minor fiasco in itself.

I have no idea. I have no more hdmi cables available.

What is your CPU?

i5 6500

i thought we were supposed to install gentoo

gentoo is deprecated, now we install solus

We will have to stay with gentoo forever because
/s/ is for sexy beautiful women

>the shill conspiracy

It's half believable, since they have political operatives, but you are conflating Arch's use by autists as being intentional subversion. It's just supposed to be a meme reply to faggots who don't understand a Linux beginner's OS is a Mint or a Ubuntu, not Gentoo.

It's great, works without a hitch

I own an A6 APU with R4 Radeon graphics. The default drivers that came with xubuntu were good enough to run dishonored with some lag but still playable

Is unity is best DE for Ubuntu?

there is no DE with the global menu that same so much space and is literally the best thing Unity offer. Other than that it's straight up garbage.

is that how it looks by default, or do you have to install some theme pack

Numix

I haven't had any problems. I run an old ass amd on my laptop and a r9 290 on my desktop.

senpai that's paper icons, not numix

I always just use LTS and forget about the OS for ~3 years. The less tinkering, the better.

KDE Neon.

Latest KDE on top of 16.04LTS. Best of both worlds.

And how about Kubuntu?

Amazon is disabled in 16 release. You can remove the browser package or unity-webapps-common and its gone.

You can remove integration from unity-tweak-tool if you want to keep using tweak tool.

Desktop usage 16.10 is fine.

Server, stick with 16.04.

>server
>with a gui
>with all that ubuntu bloat

not surprised a Sup Forumsentooman doesn't know how to deploy ubuntu or that it's pretty much #1 for servers

>ubuntu
>#1
lmao, i bet you also browse internet on your server

LTS is fine if you want a steady system and don't care about "muh, new features!"

No, RHEL is #1 for server usage. At least for anything in production.

another well informed Sup Forumsentooman

Who says that Ubuntu for servers has a gui? Newfag.

i dont use shit so i dont know, not like you

>not like you
>muh feelings whaaah

Well obviously you're not gonna like me since I made apparent how ignorant you are, but the point is beyond that. Not using something isn't an excuse for not knowing basic stuff about it you tryhard Lincuck.

>uses ubuntu
>calls other cucks
lol

>uses logical falacies

No wonder you're such a tryhard retard. When did I even say that I use any sort of GNU/Lincucks whatsoever? I didn't because I don't; because it's inferior. Point is still the same though, you're ignorant and trying too hard.

Kde

Ubuntu is the best distro.

install fedora

LTS.
Always LTS.

why is this meme still a thing?
kys

>not liking kernel updates

I think installing gentoo would be the best solution for you, OP.

Nigger you are LITERALLY me

Still shit compared to Nvidia, main reason why I switched from a 6670 to a gtx1060

it shouldn't really matter.

regular releases are for the enthusiasts, LTS is for those who just want a stable system and have no need for every new feature.

I find 16.10 faster and it is as stable as 16.04 imo

the most recent version of gentoo

>debian + bloat
"No"

LTS if you actually have productive things to do. 16.10 if you don't mind fucking around with some broken stuff.

Frefer Debian with JWM or XFCE

Currently on 16.04 LTS because updating every 6 months is a pain in the ass and everything always breaks on ubuntu gnome

16.04 for server, 16.10 for desktop

Of you're not a ricer this is the way to go. Plus, of you absolutely need the newest version of something you can always compile from source.