I don't have a smartphone. i never have. i just use this flip phone and its very low tech and frustrating to use

i don't have a smartphone. i never have. i just use this flip phone and its very low tech and frustrating to use.
I'm looking to buy an iPhone 6 since I like how it looks and I know how to use an iPhone already. My question is

how much monthly do you pay for your phone and what do you get with that? I'd like unlimited talking and texting but I'm not sure if I'd ever use "data"

where should i purchase my phone from in order to keep it as cheap as possible?

is it worth it to invest in an "unlocked" phone?

last time i talked to my mom about this she said she payed $80 a month for her phone plan. is that standard?

>how much monthly do you pay for your phone and what do you get with that? I'd like unlimited talking and texting but I'm not sure if I'd ever use "data"
You're gonna be using at least a little bit of data no matter what, theres plenty of situations where not having internet connectivity would negate the point of having a smart device in the first place. I currently have a straight talk plan which is $45 a month for 5gbs of data unlimited talk and text, and they let you bring any phone you want. I generally prefer to just save and buy my phone for full price and ignore the inflated contract fees for paying it by the month. Prepaid plans are generally cheapers, especially if you think you'll only use data in a limited amount.
>where should i purchase my phone from in order to keep it as cheap as possible?
Well if you end up purchasing it for full price amazon and from the manufacturer are generally a lot cheaper. Never buy from the carrier unless you simply must pay by thr month.
>is it worth it to invest in an "unlocked" phone?
I would say so, it guarantees you can sell the phone more easily later on and wont get cucked if you see a better deal.
>last time i talked to my mom about this she said she payed $80 a month for her phone plan. is that standard?
For most major carriers they overcharge a lot of the time for single plans so you pay more for what you can get elsewhere (which is why i suggest prepaid or noncontract), this along with her most likely paying for the phone by the month would mean yes, its standard.

also i suggest leaning toward android as they are much more open and are cheaper for the same price. Its not to hard to learn

Do you have the problem where texts aren't delivered until hours or days later? I hear lots of ST customers complaining about that

>he doesn't want to spend a lot of money
>he's buying an iPhone

Kek what are you doing

T-Mobile here, opened a line for my brother with a 6S, 10GB/month, Unlimited Talk and Text.

$30 for the service, $28 for the phone, and $8 for insurance.

>he thinks old iPhones are """""""""only""""""""" $1 through a carrier

He's spending his money wisely. It's more expensive, but in the end you aren't left with some lagdroid shit.

>iPhones don't lag xd

nope

Not an ounce of lag on my SE, unlike every Android phone I've ever used.

>cheaper for the same price.

eh sorry i meant cheaper for the same performance.

Canada is a ripoff but I pay $13/mo + $0.02 cents/min, unlimited txt and 1gb data for $30 with unlimited rollover. Own my phone already.

Worked out to $260 for entire 2016. Paid $220 for my phone (RN3P).

That's what I have. I currently have an iPhone SE and have the $45 plan on the CDMA network. Have great service everywhere I go. Not a complaint in the world.

Cricket:
$30/mo for unlimited talk + text w/ 1 gb data
$35/mo for unlimited talk + text w/ 2.5 gb data

Runs on AT&T's network, only Verizon has better coverage.

16GB iPhone SE, $250 (ebay)
Basically an iPhone 6s in a 5's body.
iOS is much more stable and smoother than Android, and the fact that it's less than a year old means it will be supported for at least 3 more years.

Don't say that. I don't know if I buy an iPhone 7 or a SE.

If you're buying a phone on a budget, the best you can do is buying a phone that's two generations old. iPhone 5s, Note 4, and S5 can all be had for 150 dollars in very good condition. There isn't any noticeable difference between this generation and the brand new shit, especially if this is your first smartphone.

Let me guess, you have tried the $99 Android phones from a neverheard company and then compare it to some $699 device and say the first ones are slower?

Match the prices or gtfo.

Don't fucking do it

>