Sup Sup Forums, a friend fucked my processor up. So, what would be a good AMD processor for around $400?

Sup Sup Forums, a friend fucked my processor up. So, what would be a good AMD processor for around $400?

Also, if I were to say fuck AMD and switch to Intel, what would I have to replace?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy used

Just get a used 2500k, a used z77, and 16 GiB ram

How did he gently caress your processor up?

You shouldn't buy AMD CPUs right now, Zen is coming any minute now. They are a big upgrade to the old ones. If you can hold on a little while you should. It was supposed to come in January so it's not a long wait.

Putting a new fan and bracket.

Ist 16gigs of ram a bit bunch won't 8 do? And shouldt I need a new nividya graphics card to replace old amd one?

>no mention of what specific CPU it was
>no reason why it's fucked up
$5 says OP doesn't know the difference between a CPU and his ass.

>what would I have to replace?
motherboard, and possibly RAM is your current RAM is not supported by the new motherboard.

>So, what would be a good AMD processor for around $400?

Current AMD processor are fit for budget builds, if you have that much money to spend on the CPU you'll be much better with Intel even if they're complete jews. AMD conference at CES in two days anyway, they're releasing Zen in Q1 (January, February or March) and so far the benchmarks looks promising. At the very least, wait to get more informations about it.

FX 8 core chips are around $100

You'd need to replace everything to get an i7 6700 PC

get a cheap FX chip and wait for Ryzen

Mentioned in the post above and honestly I know jack shit. Had to Google what exactly were these parts.

Would rather just go with nvidya at this point.

Install speccy and post screenshot

That still doesn't explain anything. He could've bent the pins, he could've snapped the motherboard in fucking half.

What does nvidia have to do with your CPU?

No,
are you retarded? Amd GPUs work fine with Intel CPUs.

He's a retard who can't into computers.

If you were to buy a new GPU AMD has the best mid range cards in the RX 470 and 480

My bad, should have mentioned it, yea he bent the pins.

Did you try bending them back?

You can fix that, that's the good thing about PGA

youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA

Can't fan Will not post becuase pins are bent.

Yes they keep bending back they are weak

>Yes they keep bending back they are weak
What.

something awful user identified.

>2017
>still bending cpu pins
lmao'ing at ur life

My friend and his dad tried to put them back in place, but it's a shit ton of pins that are bended, when we bended them back into place they got bent again and again.

It's fucked.

Your friend and his dad are hamhanded retards. Watch this video.

Sup Forums - Sup Forums's tech support

I swear at this point we should send over a perma rep to Sup Forums to unfuck their thought processes about what to do with tech. Seems like the majority of them are savages.

if you go to the new Skylake CPUs, you'd have to get a new motherboard + ram.

if you wait for ryzen CPU (new amd ones coming out really soon) same thing. new motherboard + ram?

if you don't wanna wait and stay on amd then I guess one of the shitty FX CPUs.

>AMD processor
Obsolete shit
>switch to Intel
This

>switch to kabylake
WE ARE THE 1%

>shitty FX CPUs.

It's relative to what OP wants to do. I have an old FX 8350 (

There are Jan 17 rumors for Ryzen. Two weeks is two weeks though, and you'll still need a new motherboard IIRC.

|
|>
|
|

Ryzen isn't even going to beat the existing i5s in gaming, and will still require a new motherboard, and the rumors could be shit, so overall I would just buy intel i5 + new motherboard for $400 because AMD doesn't have a real gaming product.

"worse" The engineering sample scored 2% less than the i5, and none of the games have been optimised at all for Ryzen.

Production models should easily match it and optimisations should help in the long run.