What are some good DRM-free games for steam?

What are some good DRM-free games for steam?

>DRM-free
>Steam
Pick one.

tw3

this is not you dumb child, get out of here you shitty fuck

BeamNG.
Also, 》|v|

remember to put sage in the options field so that it does not keep bumping this dumb fucking thread written by a retarded toddler.

undertale

You think you sound smart but you don't.

Define DRM. Steam is DRM.

Sage doesn't work since forever.

Steam is DRM, you fucking retard. Kill yourself.

>drm free games
>steam
You're looking in the wrong place.

use gog.com instead

Are you all morons?

Steam doesn't require DRM.

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

Look at gog.com
There are all drn-free games

GoG
Pirate
Use a console since those are made for games and have better ones anyway

Anything but Steam.

Do you even know what DRM means?

Of course he is, why ask? He is talking about gaymen shit on Sup Forums. It's a child, of course he is an idiot.

go back to shouldn't you be in school you dumb fucks?

Digital Rights Management

>DRM free games
>for Steam

You're even worse than OP.

Yes, that's correct.

And HOW exactly does steam limit access to the files stored on your drive?

Not at all.

All restrictions are from the game publishers themselfs. See Kerbal space program for example. No DRM. Steam just gives you the files. Do with it what you want. You can copy the directory to another location (or machine even) and the game will work without problems.

Direct rendering manager obviously

Why the fuck would you even use Steam for games without DRM?

Steam is a DRM enabler, it's truth that it doesn't REQUIRE developers to use Valve's DRM, but it does provide developers with one, and I only know of a handful of games that don't use it, which also limits their Steamworks functionality.

That's why KSP doesn't have achivements or cloud syncing or anything along those lines.

1_

2_ If you wan't DRM free games you use www.gog.com, Humble Store, Win(/Mac)GamesStore or other third party stores that offer DRM free options. Steam is a DRM and even worst it's a monopoly that is slowly killing PC gaming.

Deutsche Rallye Meisterschaft

The binding of Isaac.
You can just copy the files out of the steam folder and they will work anywhere.

>I only know of a handful of games that don't use it
392 games in my library and 99% of them don't have DRM.

I remember when Path of Exile, a free game that can be downloaded from their website, came out of the beta phase more and more people kept showing up complaining that this wasn't on Steam.
They eventually gave in to the pressure and released a special version on Steam that locks your game account to your Steam account.

I really don't get why retards nowadays actually WANT to get fucked by Valve as if that somehow magically makes the games better.

The game is really gud, btw. You should check it out. :^)

(Psst, you didn't wipe your trip...)

>D2 with double the grinding

Shit game.

>double the grinding

You don't have to play super expensive forum builds, m8.
Also it's much more than D2 at this point.

I'm at 28 challenges right now. Tomorrow I'm going to try shaper, couldn't last league.

I'm taking a break right now to play Homeworld remastered.

I've been playing since closed beta in 2011 and needed something different, so I guess I'm waiting for act 5 to start playing again.

25 challenges, first time playing league, pretty fun.

Steam itself is DRM you imbeciles, "digital rights management" is the whole premise of Steam
>login
>server says what games you have the rights to access
>steam client allows you to download those games
How retarded do you have to be to think this isn't DRM?

It isn't.
Its a proprietary service for purchasing and managing a game library.

And then once you download those games you can keep them forever no matter what happens to steam.

UNLESS the developer opted for DRM. Steam offers a drm for developers that they have the CHOICE to take.

It's also DRM, until someone gets a way to get free games from it our rights are being managed by the Steam server.

>gamestop is drm because you have to walk in and buy a game first

Gamestop isn't digital though, Steam is.
Your argument is akin to saying services like Netflix and Hulu aren't DRM too

Online stores are not DRM. Once you buy a game from steam, you keep it forever completely independent from steam. You can uninstall steam and play the game just fine.

Steam does offer a DRM that some developers choose to take, but its not required.

Agreed, online stores aren't DRM.

But Steam also offers a game download service, where those with the right subscriptions can access a file, aka DRM.

>all these valve apologists on Sup Forums

Just stop

> Once you buy a game from steam, you keep it forever completely independent from steam. You can uninstall steam and play the game just fine.

What does that have to do with anything? The argument was "Steam is DRM", it's DRM protecting access to game downloads.
Maybe server-sided DRM would be a better term for it?

>ITT: idiots who think DRM == copy protection
>= would be more correct 2bh

wew thanks Sup Forums formatting

Anyway that post was meant to say DRM is greater than or equal to copy protection

>buy games on gog.com
>drm free
>???
>less money on your account
>you go bankrupt

The games are DRM free, but the galaxy client is DRM iirc

>that is slowly killing PC gaming.
;^)
nice one pajeet, noone will buy from microsoft store, you should stop right there

Because I want to buy that game, perhaps?

Good thing you don't have to use it.

But it manages your rights in a digital environment to a digital good, even if only once (download). It still is DRM

Kek my hideout is a mess compared to that.

With that logic a DVD drive is DRM.

I think he meant that people should buy physical copies without DRM.

I do that whenever possible, which is almost always in Germany.

Pics or didn't happened

I know people who will literally not take a game for free if it isn't on Steam

Steam offers a DRM that you HAVE to take if you want Steamworks to work with your game.

Also the only way to play the DRM free games on Steam is to go into the Steamapps folder and take out the files, because the Steam client won't let you play your games on a computer that hasn't been connected and authorized by their servers at least once ya dingo.

> Once you buy a game from steam, you keep it forever completely independent from steam. You can uninstall steam and play the game just fine.

Go into the folder of any Steam game with achivements or some other Steam feature and try to launch it without Steam, see how well it goes.

europa universalis 4

it is a DRM free game on steam. the official bought version can be launched even when steam is not running/uninstalled.

the game uses steam for its online multiplayer which requires an active steamlogon. if steam is disabled, you will just be unable to use online multiplayer.

see

I choose you to be the new definition of an illiterate moron.

DvD drive is not digital

is that way you cucks

So one person could buy the game, copy it to his friends and they can all play it? Or pirate the game and play it normally with the rest of community without paying?
>no
Then it's DRM

Ever hear of SecuRom? The First D in DVD is what? Oh Yeah, Digital!!

It does. You cannot start those games without opening the steam program. You cannot copy the game and give to a friend. The games cannot be played without updating if steam knows an update is needed.
Hell, Steam's offline mode used to be so broken that i couldn't play anything offline without connecting to the internet to sign in, which was difficult because I did not have a home internet connection then. This went on for over a year.

OP if you wanted minimal or no DRM, then use GOG.

itt moron thinks steam isn't drm

meme

I got to 86, tried a breachstone and realized that the entire end game content in this league is only compatible with one single playstyle. I'll pick it back up again next league

I'm gonna frame this one and hang it in the bathroom.

You can buy then refund far cry 2 and it still works when launched from the .exe

Depends on if the publisher whats to use DRM. DRM free games from steam can be launched without starting the steam application and steam won't even notice (hours aren't count)

These games can also be copied like any directory and also run on other machines you copy them to.

SURE IS TECHNOLOGY IN HERE
Mods please nuke this board for a few weeks. Sup Forums has somehow turned into one of the worst boards during the last 4 or 5 years. It was bad, but it wasn't this bad.

>what is meme text
back you go

So you have a drive that is digital? Digital in DVD refers to the content you get by reading the optical data on a physical disc in a physical drive.

Serious Sam.
Classics are confirmed to work by me, I haven't bothered checking HDs, 2 and 3.
Besides that, developers are awesome, support open source and GNU/Linux.