youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Video games because I enjoy playing with my mates after work.

Fuck idiots with their false sense of freedom

Both

>Freedom
Huh? No one's keeping me captive, so both I guess?

wut

>freedom to use any application I want
>freedom to play any video game I want
>freedom to use any hardware peripheral I want

I choose both I guess.

how about i press "hide" on this thread

Why not both? I have a shitty laptop from 2012 and I am gaming on Ubuntu. If you are lazy and uninterested to use Linux, you can find 100 different excuses not to.

I got sick of Windows ecosystem after 15 years of use, to each their own.

gf ;_;

FREEDOM + EMULATORS & VIRTUALIZATION

Video games are for children

Why not both? Tux racer is the best game ever.

Right, adults should do constructive things with their time like shitpost on Sup Forums. Kill yourself.

Hit too close to home kid?

>video games
stop wasting your life on bullshit

How is it more bullshit than posting on 4chanz?

If you can't play video games when you want you are not free

I have the freedom to use whatever software I feel like, so both.

Anime too, but a manchild like you can't live a day without watching it.

Literally have shit for brains, retard?

both of you kys retards

Jesus dude, fucking bait faller

Take your medicine, gramps.

No, I won't give you my money you greedy..

Oh, sorry. Hey OP, add a "picture unrelated" next time.

Your new is showing.

It's a HOBBY. In the name of hedonism, I'd say I'd like to spend as much time as possible having as much fun as possible, some of which is achieved by playing videogames.

If you think you have to spend every minute of your life improving yourself or helping humanity, you're frankly being dishonest.

Video games because they get shit done and are more productive in an enterprise environment.

>My mfw face when people think they can have freedom and a functioning OS.

The no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

You never are truly free user.

Almost every OS has games. It's a matter of having games that people play and enjoy. Linux doesn't have any enjoyable games unlike Windows or OSX.

What does OS X have that Linux doesn't? Not trying to meme, just curious. I've only seen a couple of games on Steam or otherwise that ran on Mac but not Linux, and they're nothing that many people would seem to care about...

Users

Total games on Steam: 12540
Windows: 12536
Mac OS X: 4480
SteamOS + Linux: 3016

Source:
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998