>2017
>still letting nvidia abuse you
>still bending over to get fucked by nvidia

the gtx 1080ti should have been the gtx 1070

the 1070 should have been the gtx 1060 or even the 1050ti

how does it feel to know that you are paying TWICE the money and getting HALF the gpu?

they can sell you the titan x p at $500 and still make great profit, but they are charging you x2 more money because they know you retards will buy it.

nvidia doesn't even have to earn your business, they expect it at this point because they know retards will fall for it.

>b-but amd would do the same thing if they had the chance to

yes they would, that still doesn't mean my points are not valid - stop being retarded fanboys and be anti-anticonsumerism

but Nvidia don't heat as much and the electricity bill is lower

also poorfag

>Sup Forums
>"s-shut up poorfag"

apparently everyone on Sup Forums and le reddit are rich

>the gtx 1080ti should have been the gtx 1070

wut?

t.buttmad poorfag amd shill

So your only argument is you don't agree with their naming scheme?

Nice

welcome to capitalism and quasi monopolies

As long as AMD fails to beat Nvidia cards in terms of performance, energy consumption and heat distribution, Nvidia will keep dishing out overpriced video cards regardless of how evil they are. AMD needs to step up their game with Vega (albeit the RX 480 wasn't too shabby excluding the stock and pricing issues).

That's how free market capitalism works.

Calling someone a poorfag isn't an argument.

I think he means in terms of the pricing (1080ti the same price as 1070, 1070 to 1060 price and so forth)

canadian/northern state fag detected

Its just better
Stop being poor

>the gtx 1080ti should have been the gtx 1070
how did you get to this conclusion?

>better things cost most money
shocking revelation OP

Don't be mad at Nvidia. Be mad at AMD for dropping the ball for last 5 years. They had 5 years to catch up to Intel and it looks like Zen will fail once again at single threaded performance. They had serious advantage in GPU market with 4000 and 5000 series and they also managed to fuck it up by releasing same cards 3 times without improving them. 480RX is a 1060 gtx counterpart but they need more, much more. Also 1070 gtx is a massive improvement over 970 same way 970 was a massive improvement over 770. I don't really understand that Sup Forums retarded attitude of "Nvidia should give me twice as much for two times less" while they defend a garbage company like AMD that was releasing 7950 and 7970 for last 5 years.

amd had clear win gpus from the 4000 to the 7000 line, and they were never rewarded for it. no, nvidia people will never buy amd regardless of what amd does, nvidia doesn't expect you to buy them, they no no mater what they do you will buy them.

Nice wishful thinking you have there lad, lets see the alternative product. Oh? It doesn't exist? Turns out when there is no competition, prices go up and up and away.

because literally no one bought and rewarded amd when they were dominant in performance and price, fuck, for 2 generations they were both substantially cheaper than nvidia and substantially more powerful, no one bought amd.

That's just your victim complex of your average AMDrone. AMD was obviously rewarded at times when their GPUs were superior. They simply were trash tier since 6000 series.

Average consumer:
>I buy Intel and Nvidia because they provide quality and trustworthy products and are the only reliable producers of computer hardware

AMDrone:
>fucking gaymer sheep supporting da joos! AMD is the savior, you just have to ignore the fact everything they make is absolute shit and BELIEVE, you capitalist filth!

#betterred

AMD is losing market share because they fuck up every GPU release lately. Look at 290x vs 780 ti at launch. Look at HD7970 vs GTX680 at launch.

Also people got tired of rebranding, overclocking, and releasing housefire tier GPUs.

Performance on paper. I don't know why but AMD never could get devs to optimize games for them, or maybe it was just terrible drivers. Don't ask me. On paper, looking at bandwidth, shader units, gflops etc. 280x should destroy 770 gtx, 290x should destroy 780 and 390x should demolish 970 gtx. And you know what? AMD actually delivers this sort of performance that we can see on paper but it's always 2-3 years late. They might age fine because AMD needs more time to optimize drivers but in reality if somebody buys a $300 gpu they don't want to wait 2 years to be able to play games at higher frames than Nvidia counterparts. And that's without mentioning things like balance between low temperatures and noise where AMD is 2 gens behind Nvidia.

I made over $250k from nvidia LOL

and i still have 5000 shares waiting for automated cars and VR.

Why aren't you investing user?

>be anti-anticonsumerism
If you were really anti-consumerism, you wouldn't be talking about video cards at all. Hell, you wouldn't even be on a computer, you'd be living in the woods like the unabomber.

also
>advocating for anti-consumerism while telling us to buy AMD
my sides

>implying Nvidia share prices will rise much due to automated cars or even VR.

>implying Nvidia share prices won't rise when machine learning gets more prevalent due to their investment in CUDA
AMD literally has jackshit that's the equivalent of CUDA

Why are AMD shills on this board so butthurt?

How does having an nvidia gpu mean I'm getting fucked by them? Why would I buy a new one every year or every 6 months just because its new? You're getting autistic over naming (which is essentially just a marketing practice now). Nobody is saying you have to constantly upgrade you gpu, chances are the "old" one is still good enough

I'm not an AMD shill in fact I'm responsible for my company spending 50 grand on NVIDIA gear in the last month for applied cryptography research because AMD is so shit. I just don't think the automotive market is one that will become NVIDIA dominated, M$ Azure currently drives that market and is unlikely to let go. VR is also never going to get huge outside of vidya which is a shitty market to begin with, AR might though.

Companies charge what the consumer will pay. If the consumer is willing to pay less then the cost of manufacture the company folds, or gets a government mandated bailout from Intel.

I'm seriously starting to think AMD is the one who pays shills nowadays. I mean, we all know Nvidia used to pay shills in the past and AMD always copies Nvidia but like 5 years too late.

Average Nvidia purchaser:
>I like to get a good value out of my hardware. I'm willing to purchase Nvidia or AMD, whichever has the best performance/price ratio. Right now, that's Nvidia so I'm happy to buy from them

Average AMD purchaser:
>DUMB NVIDIA KEKS GOOD GOYS DON'T YOU KNOW BUYING BETTER HARDWARE MEANS YOU'RE BEING ABUSED BY THE COMPANY SHILL SHILL SHILL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What do people do in their day?

1) Wake up, drink some coffee, breakfast, brush ur fucking teeth.

2) Drive to work

3) Work

4) Drive home

5) Play video games

6) Repeat

2/4/5 need graphics cards

Automated cars need graphics cards

VR needs graphics cards.

WHO'S THE BEST AT MAKING GRAPHICS CARDS?

Nvidia is going to be HUUUUUGGEEEE

:)

3 needs a graphics card as well, for any decent job. Preferably a Quadro.

AMD buying and ruining ATI's competitiveness is the worst thing to happen to GPUs.

>AMD was obviously rewarded at times when their GPUs were superior
>FX series
>worst cards ever made
>still sold more

nvidia does not respect your freedom, amd does to a decent extent.

amd > nvidia

As someone who owns an nvidia card, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I at least give 0 fucks about price/performance ratio. What I want is high performance at low TDP. Or at least decent performance at decent TDP if the card has some party piece. Say HBM memory.

why? because of
>dishing out
>albeit
>wasn't too shabby
>so forth
I'd say Britfag but I know nothing about Canadians

Does owning a house on the gulf of mehico count? It's not a trailer fwiw.

not applicable

Graphics cards have nothing to do with freedom you fucking moron.

Hello newfriend

of course they do.

nvidia does not produce or contribute to a free driver

amd does

ironically Nvidia is the one that actually works on Linux

No not really. That makes you above average but not really rich

How many trailers do I add to reach that higher level? What if I add some guns?

Buying the better card makes me a fanboy I guess.

If AMD would step up and be competitive instead of shitting in their own streets, maybe there'd be a choice.

I assume AMD didn't release one because it would be a 390x. Agree with you there. Odd to let things go like that even if it's only one cycle.

Intel CPU
Nvidia GPU

It's not that hard niggers.

I used to be all about AMD/ATi a decade ago, but they've really just rolled over in recent years and not put in the same effort. If AMD can produce top tier hardware like they did back in the phenom ii days, I'd go right back.

>botnet CPU
>botnet GPU

Both AMD and Intel have built in botnet on their CPUs. AMD is even harder to remove because they apparently cracked open Intel version of the botnet.

Both GPUs are botnet, only older Intel GPUs are not. I don't know if they managed to crack open the latest Intel one.

>Thinks he can escape the botnet

Enjoy computing like it's 1999

Go get a voodoo then faggot.

my amd with open driver is good enough for me

AMD even admitted that they were slowing down in regard to GPUs in recent years. That's why they made the RTG and ever since that they have been improving. Nvidia are stronger with more money.