Best programs available on the AUR?

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chrome

infinality

gentoo

the aur is all mediocre
why anyone would subject themselves to it is beyond me.

Can someone explain AUR to me? It's just scripts to run git clone and make install.

It's just a repo with some broken stuff.

I don't know why it's being treated as an app store by OP. It's just the collection of software which can be run on GNU/Linux.

The one with the :(){ : | : & };: hidden in the build script.

>app store
>collection of software
What's the fucking difference

The former is like asking what's the best game available for a console, the latter is like asking what's the best program on Windows.

>AUR

Correctly pronounced "AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!", the AUR is a steaming, festering shitheap of a security hole and a pile of shit. The AUR is the perfect example of everything that's wrong with Arch users.

pasta-aur

>pass user
stfu and gtfo

>security holes
AUR is git clone and make install scripts.

and if you don't pay attention to what it's downloading from where, m8?

i've been told by arch users that BSDs don't have software because they have no AUR

fuck arch users

Then fucking what?

It's a privacy issue, not a security issue.

Here is your (You).

Git. And then you can stop using the aur.

And if you do pay attention, what difference does it make?
>oh wow it's a github link, no botnet here

lol fucking Archfags.
So if I upload a PKGBUILD to AUR you guys will download and build it just because I say it's firefox-leet-edition-git ?

t. people who have a full understanding of the source code of all the libre software they use

Says the guy that lets random ass guys that didn't even write the software run scripts on your system when he could just either
a) download it from his distribution's maintainers (yes, you have to trust people at some point and official maintainers is a level most people have trust)
b) git clone the software yourself

I hate Arch, but love the AUR

Far safer to download source code from where it originated than to download it through a 3rd party maintainer on a "source repo".

>Why would someone subject themselves to downloading the software they want?

Is this bait?

Ring-gnome or Ring-kde

Best replacement

apt > AUR

>apt program
>50 dependencies errors
>100 programs removed
Nah

at least it works. i can add PPA.

you can't even access aur with pacman, need to work on a project before you can get ordinary packages that are easily accessible on Debian.

It is no different then adding a third party repo to your repo list.
You do use pacman, but the wrapper instructs pacman on what to do

>AUR in same thing than apt
Sup Forums is trying linux? Great. But aur is repository, like debian and ubuntu repository (or the PPAs). Apt is package manager like pacman and rpm.

Probably

most people hate being able to download what they want. People want some organization to decide for them. (Which is why stuff like iphones are so popular)

LOL

LOL

You are welcome to see the statistics for yourself if you don't believe me.

aur.archlinux.org/

I dont need too.
You are comparing 2 things out of context.
There are 45 keyed trusted users that have software. There is a level of security in which devs take on actual projects on the aur and maintain them. What you are comparing is simply the amount of people who created an account,which is needed to make comments, not just to upload pkgbuilds to the aur.
They are comparing nothing

Anyone can make an account and upload a package to AUR. Maybe I should make a bitcoin miner and call it Steam.

Again, you're equating nothing

fucking do it call it steam-lite

Yes, and? I don't have to equate anything, my point still stands.

nt esea

steam-lite-hg

Literally every Archfag's wet dream package

You have no point. Accounts made != uploaded software

Okay, I guess I'm going to make a bitcoin miner and infect everyone's machines.

Doubt you can even make a pkgbuild properly,so no threat here :^)

siiiiick

tried to install this, ran into some bullshit when i was trying to add the key, couldn't get any further

Then 5 guys would download it because the Arch wiki doesn't mention it and it would have no upvotes + caps locks in comments.

Also I especially don't give a shit of your opinion about me or about "Archfags" (?) and I didn't ask for it. No one did btw

This is why Arch was ruined when package signing was added

Setup your keyring and import boohmi's key